Underworld

Underworld

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Do you think we will be able to go to the underworld and do it with a 5 man-party like it’s a dungeon?

Perhaps an obsidian set that not only requires tokens from the Underworld but also ectoplasm and obsidian shards plus 500 gold

What’d you say guies?

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Underworld

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

First there has to be some way for the gods to return to Tyria. Access to the UW was granted by Grenth – and that fellow hasnt been spotted for quite some time.

Underworld

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I don’t like the 500 gold part. It gates the armor to far from the average player. Who spends more real money in the game then hardcore players.

Underworld

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

The Six are gone, and the way world is headed i doubt they will return any time soon. On other hand a huge instance similar to UW, only featuring Elder dragon would be awesome. Ofc if done well, not like Zhaitan fight…

Underworld

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Now that humans are just one of five playable races, I doubt they want to steer the game’s content too heavily towards the folklore of 1/5th of the characters. That said, do the humans’ belief in the gods map to something that is objectively real, in the lore? If so, and if the underworld is a real place that exists, then of course they can figure out a way to write an excuse for how we can get there and back. We have magic, we have teleportation, we have “the mists” (whatever that is), we have asuran technology which are basically just do-whatever-we-want-machines.

The real question would be: why would ArenaNet want to take the game in this direction? What does this have to do with anything that’s going on in the plot?

Your ideas about winning an armor set that costs 500 gold is bizarrely specific, and I doubt it would be very appealing (or even possible) for many players to attain.

Underworld

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

If we can go to the mists, I’m sure we can revisit the Underworld and Fissure of Woe.

However, I hope ANET tries to remake it as close as possible to the original. It could make great use of the Dynamic Event system.

Underworld

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Yeah. Going back to the UW and FoW would be awesome.
Personally I don’t care why or how plot wise , I just want hard elite content and return to the place I spent around 1000 hours in GW1.

Underworld

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I want them to make it as close as possible to the original. Maybe some aesthetic upgrades, but when I go back to FoW and UW, I want it to look the same as it did years ago.

Underworld

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Yes we want uw back, and make it hard like gw1.
In gw1 not everyone was able to complete uw and thats why gw1 rewarded players for skill.
In gw2 the rewards are pure luck, so any noob with luck can have a legendary in gw2.
In gw1 If you had a obsidian armor everyone would know you are a exp player

[DIE] Death is Energy

Underworld

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

All 5 races share “The Mists.” Sending someone “into the mists” is saying you’re going to kill them.

If The Mists exist, then logic dictates that UW and FoW exist as well.

The Behemoth comes from the UW, as do shades, bone fiends, and yes, to some extent, The Risen.

Unfortunately, the only evidence I have found in my exploration that would allow for such a trip is the ruins of ToA at the bottom of the swamp in Queensdale. I have yet to find the corresponding “Chantry of Secrets.” Having said that, it would only be reasonable that we wouldn’t have found it yet, because we don’t have access to Elona.

If they do bring the UW online, I agree with Se Dos Cavalos. Make it hard! We (I, me, yo, moi) don’t want to be led through it by my nose, so to speak.

Who knows? we may yet see it.

Level 80 Elementalist

Underworld

Posted by: EverSeeN.1630

EverSeeN.1630

the asura could easily make a portal for the underworld or fissure of woe or sorrows furnace i really hope something like that happens.

Underworld

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

If they do bring it back, I’d rather not it be a dungeon but a full explorable area with DE that if done all, unlocks the ability to fight an end boss. Also have the boss in the game and not 2 years later :P

If you were to fit it into the lore it would be able to take place after all the dragons are dead or something trying to break out of the underworld into tyria and we need to find a way to contain the threat. Simple, generic, and a cheap easy excuse to visit whatever insane amazing stuff the art team and programmers toss our way.

As for armour? I wouldn’t want it insane to get like GW1 but maybe some tokens and 20 ecto for each piece and make it look like a set that gives off a misty-like smoke off of it.

Underworld

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

First there has to be some way for the gods to return to Tyria. Access to the UW was granted by Grenth – and that fellow hasnt been spotted for quite some time.

There are portals from the UW, why not portals that work the other way.

Underworld

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Easy enough lore-wise to develop the Shadow Behemoth and open a permanent portal in swamp.