Unfortunately I missed the Reddit AMA. Auto-loot topic.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

As annoying as the invisible zergs are (good answer on that Habib, ty), it is far more annoying to be lying there dead on the ground looking at a few loot bags that you didn’t even see while in the middle of battle, and now you can’t get them.

I know I’m grasping at straws with this, but is there even a glimmer of hope that this will be fixed soon-ish?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

If not auto-loot, I’d at least like to have AoE looting like other games have started to add. Hit the button once and it loots everything in the immediate area, rather than running around spamming F.

Posted by: Cinaed.2649

Cinaed.2649

Yes agreed about the AOE loot… we need that for situations where a ton of mobs get killed at once.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

seems like a reasonable concept to me, dead men donĀ“t grab treasure. AoE looting on “f” is a good idea though.

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Wouldn’t be surprised if they simply introduced an auto-looting pet feature for the gemstore. As it would be somewhat quite demanded, trying to pick up your loot in a mass of dead mobs can be a pain, the sparkling isn’t really that highly noticeable.

Posted by: Mavajo.5796

Mavajo.5796

They also need to make it so that you can still loot while having a dialogue box open. It’s obnoxious when you’re spamming F to try to loot after a big pack kill, only to have a stupid dialogue box constantly pop up because of nearby friendly NPCs. Either that, or change the keybinds.

Extremely clumsy loot system in this game. Worst I’ve seen in quite a while.

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

Not to mention that the fact that drops disappear after a timeout is incentive for anti-social behavior: switching attention mid-fight from the fight to looting , temporarily ignoring players that are down or otherwise in trouble.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I don’t like the idea of autoloot for WvW. They already made it so the loot bags land at your feet.

I WANT you to feel the pangs of loss, looking at the pretty bag next to your corpse as you vainly hope for a revive. Cuz you don’t lose xp, you don’t lose karma, you don’t drop anything from your loot or inventory. I know it doesn’t really fit in a non-pvp-centric game, but there should be at least something you lose for dying.

I really really wish we could separate “Search” from the other F-key interact-talk-greet-use actions.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

You lose coin for dying. Repairs aren’t free. Neither is waypointing.

Posted by: illutian.7630

illutian.7630

No need for that. Why not have a ‘War Chest’-tab in the Crafting Window that holds all the loot you got (via auto-loot), during PVP.

This tab can only have stuff taken out of it.

This is especially important in WvW, since you only get Badges from dead players IF you loot the bag, which takes a while (~1sec) to spawn under you….which you may not notice if you’re running for your life :P

The reason not to just use AoE-looting is because, as a ranged unit, I can easily fill my backpack, and (4) 10-slot bags with loot…we’re talking mostly armor pieces, long before I actually die. At one point I even had inventory full of blue and ‘meh’ greens (minor runes).

Main: illutian Kade
Server: Borlis Pass
Guild: Midgard Protectorate

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

Still have to repair. Still have a lil broken ego issue.

Auto-loot is a must. I did the work, I killed a guy… I don’t get my reward because there were 20 other people standing around and my client didn’t render the bag? That’s bogus.

EDIT: and dude, 4 10-slot bags? Really? Loosen the purse strings a bit. I have 95 open slots in my inventory and I consider myself frugal.

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Its enough to know you lost a fight with another player in PvP. If you want unfounded penalties, go back to Lineage…

Broken systems get tossed. Games evolve to player wants/needs. Penalties for dying to other players are out.

The only reason why you have to repair in WvW is because there are mobs to fight as well as players. They haven’t put in a system to discern the two, to my knowledge.

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

I hate no autoloot in wvw as well. I have completed my wvw monthly kills and have looted a total number of 3 bags = / On big zergs I never see them or die before I can get them.

Only time I get bags are defending from sieges since I stay on walls.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I WANT you to feel the pangs of loss…

Fortunately you are in the minority around here.

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like we’re going to get any answer at all from Anet.

They must be busy making chicken teeth necklaces, or something.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

if they separate the bindings to the interaction key, that would be enough, people could just put the loot button on auto if they wanted and walk around…the whole interaction being the same key is a little draconic anyway

Posted by: garraeth.3267

garraeth.3267

if they separate the bindings to the interaction key, that would be enough, people could just put the loot button on auto if they wanted and walk around…the whole interaction being the same key is a little draconic anyway

This, please a thousand times.

Please make it so users can bind reviving/rezzing, interacting with NPCs, and looting on three different keys.

I’m surprised this didn’t come up in the AMA, and am doubly surprised that there isn’t a 100 page thread about this on the board – is it a non issue for people? Seems like it would be an issue for tons of people.

Like you said, it’s very draconian. And I’m sorry, but it’s odd how the ANet team doesn’t think it’s an issue as they play the game themselves (my assumption, yes — based on me never seeing it brought up in an ama/blog/interview). I know a lot of game developers and it always boggles my mind when they play their own games and don’t see issues that the general playerbase sees (happens a lot). I always use applications I create as much as possible and with as many people as I can in order to “see” these issues from the perspective of a “normal Joe” user.

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

There are many facets of this game that are draconic. Looting, FOV/camera, non-movable UI windows, no item graphic preview in trading post, etc. All the very reasons I don’t play console games. Very inflexible.