Unhappy with the direction GW2 is heading

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

I love GW2. IMO it is the only game that give me the exciting when I first played WoW years ago. GW2 is a great game and has a lot of potential, its combat is arguably the best out of any MMORPG, its leveling is great, and its massive WvW mode is amazing. It also eliminates a lot of bad things from traditional MMORPG and a lot of ground breaking innovations.

However,

After 2 years, the 3 main game modes for GW2 (dungeon, PvP, and WvW) which contains most of the population for GW2 had have no real updates.

We sure received a lot of QoL changes for PvP, EOTM for WvW, and 1 extra path for dungeon, but that’s it. And these changes aren’t even that much, GW2 WvW dungeon and PvP right now compare to 2 years ago are almost exactly the same. As much fun of WvW is, as much fun as FGS spider queen down in 2s is, or killing people in hotjoin with hambow, after 2 years it gets….stale.

Most of the content releases in the past 2 years are in form of Living Story. And as much fun as Living Story is, it is not a sustainable healthy content. It is boring after 10 mins . World boss is broken in the fact that it’s not “world”, people still join specific overflow so the idea of “anyone” can participate is flawed.

Anet is pretty dumping most of their resources on Living Story, sure it is cool but it just so bland. People always end up coming back to do dungeons WvW PvP after 30 mins on Living Story and never touch it again. I personally have never seen anyone excited to redo the LS they just do it for the achievements. It is a boring and brainless with no skill requires content. It is not even good for playing with friends. Tbh dungeons and WvW are the main reasons I’m playing this game, because they are extremely good content which you can play over and over a lot. And I’m sure most people will agree with me that Anet should focus more on WvW PvP and Dungeon rather than Living Story.

Please use your advantage as GW2 has some of the best combat system and expand on it by developing new mechanics for WvW, modes for PvP, or new dungeons etc

Living Story is a mistake, it is not what most people want. We want update contents on Dungeon, WvW, PvP, new classes, new mechanics, constant class balances, etc Make the game exciting again, wow all of us with your new innovation again, please, no more Living Story.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

People complained about not playing the world. they added living story

People complained about capturing skills around the map. they added the trait system.

People complained about AC. they reamp the dungeon.

People complain about not enough dungeons. they added a path to atherblade path

People complain about WvWvW. They added EOTM.

There is a reason about I say most complaints I can throw out the windows. The fact is that when people say they want something. They always want a specific implementation of it rather than an interpretation. There is a reason why I say most people’s ideas are terrible because they are incomplete. Anet can add another dungeon and people will complain. As much as I agree Anet should add more fun content, dont just complain. Be constructive a little more constructive.

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

The reality is most gamers don’t play games for the story and just want to do other aspects of the game. This is especially true with MMOs, where 99% of the game IS the rest of the game. Open World, Dungeons, Fractals, WvW, PvP and any other features or maybe even new game modes should be the focus. This is especially true when it comes to replay ability. I generally don’t watch TV shows and movies more than once, so why would I play through the story in a video game again unless the story was where the core gameplay was (again: dungeons, fractals, WvW, PvP, literally anything else in the game).

Also, these QoL changes aren’t needed as most people didn’t really care that much. Obviously we liked the way the game was before and all the features because you hardly ever saw a complaint about that, so why change it (leveling and trading post especially). Instead of QoL “features” we should be getting real features, such as new weapons, classes, races, dueling, guild halls or any of those other dozens of things people ask for 2 million times a day.

I don’t mean to bash the current living story, as I do really love dry top and the general theme the story itself is taking… but I just don’t get as much enjoyment out of it as I did from SAB, Zephyr Sanctum, Wintersday, Molten Facility dungeon, Aetherpath, Tequatl revamp and other such updates. Not once did I ever get hyped about the story, not until during that final battle with Scarlet and it ended after that fight. I just really loved that fight and the music with it. The story at the moment seems to neglect the main aspects of the game so it just feels like there’s not much really there. (again, dry top is a step in the right direction we just need more of it.)

GW2, I love you, and that’s why I must be honest with you. You need help. I know, it’s hard to ask for help, but you have many players who love you… if you would only let us in so that we could help. I will not abandon you, I will support you through your journey, but it hurts me to see you like this.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

(edited by Aguri.2896)

loseridoit.2756

Also, these QoL changes aren’t needed as most people didn’t really care that much. Obviously we liked the way the game was before and all the features because you hardly ever saw a complaint about that, so why change it (leveling and trading post especially). Instead of QoL “features” we should be getting real features, such as new weapons, classes, races, dueling, guild halls or any of those other dozens of things people ask for 2 million times a day.

I don’t mean to bash the current living story, as I do really love dry top and the general theme the story itself is taking… but I just don’t get as much enjoyment out of it as I did from SAB, Zephyr Sanctum, Wintersday, Molten Facility dungeon, Aetherpath, Tequatl revamp and other such updates. Not once did I ever get hyped about the story, not until during that final battle with Scarlet and it ended after that fight. I just really loved that fight and the music with it. The story at the moment seems to neglect the main aspects of the game so it just feels like there’s not much really there. (again, dry top is a step in the right direction we just need more of it.)

GW2, I love you, and that’s why I must be honest with you. You need help. I know, it’s hard to ask for help, but you have many players who love you… if you would only let us in so that we could help. I will not abandon you, I will support you through your journey, but it hurts me to see you like this.

The guild qol changes were pretty much needed. Guilds were separated by servers dividing the influence, bank, and mission. This changes fixed so many problems with the previous system. Apparently, the new update tries to group guildies better.

dueling

There isnt a solid majority who wants dueling. They did add some things such as an arena in obsidian sanctum and pvp arenas.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Living Story is a mistake, it is not what most people want. We want update contents on Dungeon, WvW, PvP, new classes, new mechanics, constant class balances, etc Make the game exciting again, wow all of us with your new innovation again, please, no more Living Story.

Sigh… Again. Please stop speaking for everyone, people. Seriously… I know I like Living Story, I know I don’t want new classes and new mechanics.

Please use your advantage as GW2 has some of the best combat system and expand on it by developing new mechanics for WvW, modes for PvP, or new dungeons etc

Two PvP maps have been datamined in this patch.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

Not entirely sure what you mean by “playing the world” but since large scale raids generally don’t happen in GW2, people rightfully expressed something to feel that void.

ANet decided on the LS Framework because that best fit their production and development capabilities for incremental release of modular events.

People complained about capturing skills around the map. they added the trait system.

“People” did express their desire for a skill capture system like the one in the original Guild Wars…meaning NEW “Elite” Traits not the existing Traits. When ANet gated all the existing TRAITs into the system, this was counter to what many players wanted or expected because it was fundamentally different than the original Guild Wars implementation and it also negatively impacted player progression and gameplay freedom.

People complained about AC. they revamp the dungeon.

The dungeons were horrible at launch, often exploit/glitch ridden ventures that grated on the nerves and were being avoided by masses of players. 15 years of MMO gaming, GW2 dungeons have been the worst in my experience in regards to actual “fun”.

Players generally want more hard (meaning real) content like dungeons and new lands and gear, so nothing unexpected about this desire, the problem is that ANet is not generally releasing this type of content, they are seemingly more vested in rearranging the “furniture” than the adding of new rooms to the house.

And ANet has still fallen short because WvW has been woefully undeveloped compared to other parts of the game, adding EOTM didn’t address the core of existing WvW issues.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

And it’s instanced.

No. They asked for NEW traits and challenging ways to acquire them.
And certainly no one wanted to explore a full map for a single trait.

2 years and more of Detha bugs. Traps part redone in a way that now incentivize stacking instead of coordination.

A path hard for the average players, with rewards locked behind the RNG wall that discouraged even organized groups.

A place born to test new things to implement in the WvW that became a farm spot because they nerfed/removed karma from dungeons long time ago.

Edit: Kudos to Kuldebar who preceded me.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

The guild qol changes were pretty much needed. Guilds were separated by servers dividing the influence, bank, and mission. This changes fixed so many problems with the previous system. Apparently, the new update tries to group guildies better.

dueling

There isnt a solid majority who wants dueling. They did add some things such as an arena in obsidian sanctum and pvp arenas.

If they have never introduced the megaserver that would have never been much of a problem in the first place as most people would just join guild in their server or switch servers. But with the megaserver (which I think hurt communities more than it helped) people accidently end up in guilds from the wrong server or guilds would just go multi-server. I agree, that needed to be added now but I don’t remember there being much demand for it before. What I am saying is the game would have gone on fine without these changes, not every single little function needs to be 100% perfect. I must say that I do like the wardrobe though and I will also acknowledge they did add some features the previous feature patch, like PvP rewards, which is good for the game.

Also, I didn’t say I thought everyone wanted dueling I used it as an example of a feature. Though I do lurk the forums a lot and I can for sure say that I see more people wanting dueling than the changes we got except for maybe the guild changes, commander tags and PvP exclusive armor.

My concern is that they will continue to focus on altering how the game functions and that the game won’t grow because of it. I’d be a lot more happy with more content than a different TP or a revamped leveling system (which I thought I liked at first until I saw how much content was locked out).

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

loseridoit.2756

Not entirely sure what you mean by “playing the world” but since large scale raids generally don’t happen in GW2, people rightfully expressed something to feel that void.

ANet decided on the LS Framework because that best fit their production and development capabilities for incremental release of modular events.

I think I should elaborate. The problem was that Anet design a large expansive world. The world looks kinda nice. However, the game only focus on a small part of it; Lion Arch, Curse Shore and dungeons. People back then wanted a little more experience on special event that basically went on in the world and make their input meaningful. Renown heart are currently forgettable and the areas behave about the same. Anet added living story. Its kinda nice, you can see what happen to Kessex Hill when Scarlet Armies came, etc.

“People” did express their desire for a skill capture system like the one in the original Guild Wars…meaning NEW “Elite” Traits not the existing Traits. When ANet gated all the existing TRAITs into the system, this was counter to what many players wanted or expected because it was fundamentally different than the original Guild Wars implementation and it also negatively impacted player progression and gameplay freedom.

Open to interpretation problem.

The dungeons were horrible at launch, often exploit/glitch ridden ventures that grated on the nerves and were being avoided by masses of players. 15 years of MMO gaming, GW2 dungeons have been the worst in my experience in regards to actual “fun”.

Every game is buggy. Some of the bugs will happen if you skip x. I am not sure of your exact stance

Players generally want more hard (meaning real) content like dungeons and new lands and gear, so nothing unexpected about this desire, the problem is that ANet is not generally releasing this type of content, they are seemingly more vested in rearranging the “furniture” than the adding of new rooms to the house.

Hmm, they added a kiting phase. Difficult can mean tedious. I am not sure on your idea of challenging.

And ANet has still fallen short because WvW has been woefully undeveloped compared to other parts of the game, adding EOTM didn’t address the core of existing WvW issues.

Underdevelop? Open to interpretation. People been debating about this for awhile now. Anet buff arrow carts. People QQ. People complain about thevies roaming, they get nerfed. I believe Eles are still mad about their current rtl. Apparently, I heard EOTM has been tested with a select few wvwvw guilds and it still flopped

Hmmmm. I think people should be more clear on thing they want to argue about.

I cant even go forum and make head of tails on what people actually want. Its bad. When I do find out, I realize some people are advocating pretty awful ideas

tl:dr. people who want something in the game. I want to read complete ideas. Not some idea that you wrote out of nowhere.

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

Posted by: Scryed.9423

Scryed.9423

I totally thought that too after just reading how you reply to people.

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

The reality is most gamers don’t play games for the story and just want to do other aspects of the game.

People do come to a game or stay for the game because of the story. It’s one of those things that may seem unimportant initially but you start to feel it if it’s bad or if it’s gone. It just so happens that the GW2 story (especially these LS arcs) has writers that should stick to their Tumblr blogs and not a video game that people pay for.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The feeling i am having is that gw2 is made for players that lack skills and never been good at playing mmo’s, also for children new at online gaming, this is how im starting to label gw2 players.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

loseridoit.2756

I totally thought that too after just reading how you reply to people.

I am writing most people do not write clear ideas of things they want. Technically, anet did add a new dungeon on stuff that people really wanted. People still complain. At the end of the day, what do you really want?

Kuldebar.1897

I am writing most people do not write clear ideas of things they want. Technically, anet did add a new dungeon on stuff that people really wanted. People still complain. At the end of the day, what do you really want?

That’s why developers can’t be prone to tone deafness, the art is in divining what your players want. That’s what the continuing success as a game designer relies upon over the long term; obviously you have to have the technical skills, but the human aspect of it is just as important. It’s not pure cold logic…it’s warm art.

You seem to recognize how the matter of interpretation is integral to the situation; that’s exactly what’s driving some of the bigger controversies in GW2. This was the case with Ascended, the Traits in April and now this…NPE.

Things were left open for interpretation and the Devs missed the mark.

loseridoit.2756

That’s why developers can’t be prone to tone deafness, the art is in divining what your players want. That’s what the continuing success as a game designer relies upon over the long term; obviously you have to have the technical skills, but the human aspect of it is just as important. It’s not pure cold logic…it’s warm art.

You seem to recognize how the matter of interpretation is integral to the situation; that’s exactly what’s driving some of the bigger controversies in GW2. This was the case with Ascended, the Traits in April and now this…NPE.

Things were left open for interpretation and the Devs missed the mark.

idea is only 1% of the work. 99% is the implementation.

I think that forcing devs to the other 99% on a half baked idea is disingenious. In fact, most of the threads on the forum not even completes the 1% idea.

anet did answer to many of the people’s complaints.

In reality, playbase didnt like it because a good chunk people are hardly posting what they really want.

Kuldebar.1897

Regardless of marketing lip-service, Devs design the games, not the players. Successful Devs have to be able to glean the most correct conclusions from asymmetrical data streams.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Honestly, they fixed a lot of my complaints about the game’s overall structure with the changes to S2 of the LW. I also like most of the aspects of this recent patch.

Now, my only major complaint is that real, meaty content is still trickling in at a snail’s pace. In 2 years there have been no new weapon types, no signficant new game modes, no new races or classes, very few new skills, only 1.5 zone maps and 1 actual dungeon excluding the couple of small LW ones and the single revamp.

Frankly, that’s pathetic and doesn’t even come close to the standard set even by f2p MMOs that are less successful than GW2. They need to either release an expansion or start flooding new things into the game ASAP. It’s the major reason retention is so poor.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

They also removed a path. 33 + 1 – 1 is still 33.

Posted by: kankanKk.2748

kankanKk.2748

EOTM is not wvw. This is PVE map for up-level.

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

There is a reason about I say most complaints I can throw out the windows. The fact is that when people say they want something. They always want a specific implementation of it rather than an interpretation. There is a reason why I say most people’s ideas are terrible because they are incomplete. Anet can add another dungeon and people will complain. As much as I agree Anet should add more fun content, dont just complain. Be constructive a little more constructive.

Living story is no where near the world, it’s basically just a bunch of quests/hearts every 2 weeks

New trait system is very badly design, people just end up paying the gold anyway

AC what?

The aether path was 1 year ago since then there has been no new content for dungeon and the path is frustrating and not fun to play

EOTM is not wvw, it’s a map for karma farm, for champ farm, lvling. It is not WvW and it has no impact on regular WvW whatsoever

(edited by Butter.3024)

Posted by: BlackGhostz.2483

BlackGhostz.2483

I agree with what most people are saying. To be honest this game has a lot of untapped potential the story of the game is solid and it has a lot of room to grow.

I would for one be happy if they just fixed the flipping dungeons they are really terrible and not fun. God, that is one of my best memories about WoW dungeon moments at lower levels used to be so fun and crazy! Or that moment when you bully lower level players and then their friends come and your friends come and it turns the map into a massive battlefield and you end up not doing the quest you came to do. Guild Wars has just always seemed to lack the “fun” part.

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

The LS is a crappy single player RPG experience. I was hoping that they were going to abandon the idea when season 1 ended but nope! It’s easily some of the weakest content I’ve seen added to a game or MMO yet. The amount of resources dedicated to this is ridiculous compared to the other facets of the game that are hardly touched since the first few months after the game’s launch.

loseridoit.2756

Living story is no where near the world, it’s basically just a bunch of quests/hearts every 2 weeks

i guess dry top just magically appeared out of nowhere without a lore and story

New trait system is very badly design, people just end up paying the gold anyway

i guess so called forum minority strikes again. Pwople hate traveling around tyria for basic traits

AC what?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascalonian_Catacombs

the dungeon that everyone complained is too easy so anet reamp it.

The aether path was 1 year ago since then there has been no new content for dungeon and the path is frustrating and not fun to play

So, you dont want hard dungeon.

definition of frustrating “cause (someone) to feel upset or annoyed, typically as a result of being unable to change or achieve something.”

Because you dont like frustrating encounters

EOTM is not wvw, it’s a map for karma farm, for champ farm, lvling. It is not WvW and it has no impact on regular WvW whatsoever

well some of the wvwvw move to eotm. It does have some impact.

Are you starting to get the picture? Anet been reading the forums. The problem is that most people critism might as well be worthless. They are incomplete and leave too much room for interpretation.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Unhappy with the direction GW2 is heading?

Since when has this game been going anywhere since launch? It is like this game is frozen in time, while evering else around it evolves.

Two years and we still wait for any meaningful thing to happen. At this rate of events, we see the final elder dragon in over 10 years. Sounds like a joke to me.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

They removed an underused path that most people never played. Shrugs.

The new dungeon is longer and more challenging. Just the kind of thing the hard core dungeon crowd was asking for. It’s a bigger and longer dungeon than the one they removed. It’s probably closer to two dungeons anyway, so if they removed 1 and put in one that’s twice as hard, long and big…well you still have more dungeon in the game.

How do we know most people didn’t use it. Well aside from the fact that Anet said so, when we ran TA in my guild, it was like pulling teeth to get anyone to do the F/U path, so we just didn’t do it.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

People complain about not enough dungeons. they added a path to atherblade path.

If the concern was, as you state, about the quantity of dungeons then adding a path to TA while removing another does nothing to address the complaint.

loseridoit.2756

People complain about not enough dungeons. they added a path to atherblade path.

If the concern was, as you state, about the quantity of dungeons then adding a path to TA while removing another does nothing to address the complaint.

well, the op have a terrible memory.

The problem I have with this thread and many other like it is that it discounts anet’s efforts to appease the community. During the time span of two years, I can recall temp dungeons such as molten duo, atherblade. They introduce fractals early to accommodate people who already beaten the game with a legendary. I have been noticing numerous encounters throughout the living story experience. I remember an engineer boss that force you to position yourself an different plateaus to dodge his big ol bomb. Or, the fact that mobs have new and interesting abilities such as the torment flower thingy.

Anet has been throwing out so many ideas but none are sticking. Why?

I believe there is an issue with people asking for content. The majority of people are not really articulating what they really want. Half baked ideas and complaints will only lead to half baked content.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

So it is basically ’Don’t give me this specific thing you gave me, I want this vague thing instead that you need to guess at*?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

They removed an underused path that most people never played. Shrugs.

The new dungeon is longer and more challenging. Just the kind of thing the hard core dungeon crowd was asking for. It’s a bigger and longer dungeon than the one they removed. It’s probably closer to two dungeons anyway, so if they removed 1 and put in one that’s twice as hard, long and big…well you still have more dungeon in the game.

How do we know most people didn’t use it. Well aside from the fact that Anet said so, when we ran TA in my guild, it was like pulling teeth to get anyone to do the F/U path, so we just didn’t do it.

They removed an underused path and replaced it with a path that noone runs.

ANet has learnt their lesson, that’s why we do not see any new dungeons around. They simply fail at creating challenging and at the same time rewarding and fun dungeons.

loseridoit.2756

So it is basically ’Don’t give me this specific thing you gave me, I want this vague thing instead that you need to guess at*?

i read a few post. The OP ask for this which is pretty vague. Anet gave a interpretation of this.

No no no, There riot over the forum that Anet didnt distributed nothing..

sigh… this cycle continues. again…….

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

it discounts anet’s efforts to appease the community.

I’m sorry but I must have missed the memo. When did this community ask to have everything gated behind bars, to gut the downed stated and underwater combat to absurdity, and a whole slew of other dumbing down elements that were added? Like removing bundles (dancing for cows? really?) and removing nodes from the map. They didn’t have to go this far to make the game more accessible or rewarding (the rewarding is actually really artificial, not in line with the organic nature that GW2 was founded upon, not to mention rewards came from karma vendors — did ANet forget about these or something? Levelling up was its own reward – people really don’t need a gold star for hitting level 3… patronizing is what it all is and doesn’t feel RPGish at all). All they had to do was introduce a few more NPCs like the scout, and maybe some optional events or mini-events to teach players basic functionality (which should be confined to the tutorial zone, NOT the open world). That’s it, because anything more will be so overbearing it will strangulate the player or make them think this game was designed for adolescents which is a really nasty impression against the rest of us.

Don’t get me wrong, I admire that they try, but who in the world are they asking to make these kinds of decisions? Because it is not the current player and most likely not even a player of any games. It’s like they are trying to get remedial-level Facebook and phone gamers into GW2 who have never once touched a real game in their lives, but ANet… those kinds of people are not going to have the stamina or mindset to play an MMORPG… not anywhere NEAR those of us that have come and went so far.

(edited by Kamui.4038)

loseridoit.2756

it discounts anet’s efforts to appease the community.

I’m sorry but I must have missed the memo. When did this community ask to have everything gated behind bars, to gut the downed stated and underwater combat to absurdity, and a whole slew of other dumbing down elements that were added? Like removing bundles (dancing for cows? really?) and removing nodes from the map. They didn’t have to go this far to make the game more accessible or rewarding (the rewarding is actually really artificial, not in line with the organic nature that GW2 was founded upon, not to mention rewards came from karma vendors — did ANet forget about these or something? Levelling up was its own reward – people really don’t need a gold star for hitting level 3… patronizing is what it all is and doesn’t feel RPGish at all). All they had to do was introduce a few more NPCs like the scout, and maybe some optional events or mini-events to teach players basic functionality (which should be confined to the tutorial zone, NOT the open world). That’s it, because anything more will be so overbearing it will strangulate the player or make them think this game was designed for adolescents which is a really nasty impression against the rest of us.

Don’t get me wrong, I admire that they try, but who in the world are they asking to make these kinds of decisions? Because it is not the current player and most likely not even a player of any games. It’s like they are trying to get remedial-level Facebook and phone gamers into GW2 who have never once touched a real game in their lives, but ANet… those kinds of people are not going to have the stamina or mindset to play an MMORPG… not anywhere NEAR those of us that have come and went so far.

so, you base your argument on one time event. Nice….

Well, I will say this update is a step forward and a step back.

Level gating skills and personal story is annoying.

However, the reward at every level practically help guarantee decent armor that allows player to complete content much faster. I been getting better gear than I would had at the old system from drops. Basically, leveling has never been easier.

I rather wait for an official response than throw pitch forks at them.

I would say the real problem is the level gating and somewhat annoying popups. If they add an alternative skill unlock, people might complain a lot less. Yes, I was leveling my ele from 12-20 today.

Posted by: urfrid.5971

urfrid.5971

The things that bothers me is the level gating i don’t care about any thing else. The trait but it doesn’t bothers me as much as it did during the first feature pack.

loseridoit.2756

The things that bothers me is the level gating i don’t care about any thing else. The trait but it doesn’t bothers me as much as it did during the first feature pack.

well, i heard they nerf all the mobs. veteran mobs are so much easier to kill

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

If you get to whatever is “gated” in a similar amount of play time because leveling is faster why does it bother you?

If it takes an hour of play to unlock X now, and it took about that long to unlock it before what is the problem ?

I am not trying to dismiss your concern. I really am curious. Most of my RPG experience has been with games that dont use levels so I tend to think of them as arbitrary numbers used for ease of encounter balance rather than anything meaningful for the character himself.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

honestly i think they’ve done some really great things this year,
unfortunately arena net’s unfavorable contributions seem to hit so much harder

i’m not writing this out of spite, but maybe it’s time for them to pack things up

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

If you get to whatever is “gated” in a similar amount of play time because leveling is faster why does it bother you?

If it takes an hour of play to unlock X now, and it took about that long to unlock it before what is the problem ?

I am not trying to dismiss your concern. I really am curious. Most of my RPG experience has been with games that dont use levels so I tend to think of them as arbitrary numbers used for ease of encounter balance rather than anything meaningful for the character himself.

That is basically what levels are.

Posted by: Fergus.4208

Fergus.4208

After 2 years, the 3 main game modes for GW2 (dungeon, PvP, and WvW) which contains most of the population for GW2 had have no real updates.

We sure received a lot of QoL changes for PvP, EOTM for WvW, and 1 extra path for dungeon, but that’s it. And these changes aren’t even that much, GW2 WvW dungeon and PvP right now compare to 2 years ago are almost exactly the same. As much fun of WvW is, as much fun as FGS spider queen down in 2s is, or killing people in hotjoin with hambow, after 2 years it gets….stale.

Dungeons:

• Some balance/bug changes to existing dungeons.
  • Aetherblade path.
  • Finally fixed FGS exploit.
  • LFG system (also important for many other areas).
  • Fractals of the Mists.

Fractals of the mists is a massive addition to dungeon portion of the game. The fractal dungeons are generally more well-made than the dungeons. The mechanics forces you to do whatever dungeon is thrown at you rather than daily repeating the most exploitable and easy dungeon paths.

PvP:

• Glorious Armor & Glorious Hero Armor
  • Standard enemy models
  • Reward tracks
  • Courtyard
  • Temple of the Silent Storm
  • Spirit Watch
  • Skyhammer

Less than a third of the players in my WvW-Focused guild haven’t even touched PvP, and most of them have only played a few matches.

WvW:

• EotM
  • WvW progression system with upgrades and loot
  • Ruins of Power
  • Commander Colors
  • Stealth & Siege traps
  • Shareable Food

Anet should have implemented a proper commander system a long time ago. A squad should consist of a group of parties, and have a suitable interface.

The commander should have the power to invite parties to his squad, or kick if needed. Each party should have party-member icons (on map) of different color. AoE boons/heals should prioritize party members first, and squad members second. Also we should be able to change commander colors without disbanding the squad.

Rewards when defending are lackluster.

There’s probably a better design to the WvW maps, but it is a complex topic with no easy solution. I am no fan of the ruins of power mechanic.

One nice change would be to differentiate the three borderlands map more. For instance, each borderlands map could have a different season (winter, spring,autumn).

After 2 years, the 3 main game modes for GW2

They are not the 3 main game modes. They are important, but they are far from the most played (on average) even for a level 80 character.

Anet is pretty dumping most of their resources on Living Story, sure it is cool but it just so bland. People always end up coming back to do dungeons WvW PvP after 30 mins on Living Story and never touch it again. I personally have never seen anyone excited to redo the LS they just do it for the achievements. It is a boring and brainless with no skill requires content. It is not even good for playing with friends. Tbh dungeons and WvW are the main reasons I’m playing this game, because they are extremely good content which you can play over and over a lot. And I’m sure most people will agree with me that Anet should focus more on WvW PvP and Dungeon rather than Living Story.

I disagree. The living story (season 2) is surprisingly good. It is much better than the personal story. Also, Dry Top is the best high-level area.

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

If they have been ignoring players since the game started why do people keep debating and even giving ideas or suggestions to ANET?

Isnt it clear by now they wont ever listen to people? , iv been playing since the game started and i havent see a single thing changed because of players suggestions . They keep saying they listen .. and blablabla but the fact is they just keep ignoring it .

They do listen on minor things , for example they made the dredge fractal better, true only after who knows how long , they made living story permanent after the “one I shall not name” arc etc. It’s also true they often implement things the wrong way, but you can’t say they didn’t listen, see Commander tag prices ,Trait changes etc.