Unidentified dye

Unidentified dye

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

I have found a big increase in Unid dye drops for me lately and the prices has been diving as well. Have they increased the drop rates once again?

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/20323

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

Unidentified dye

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

just more ppl playing → more dye in the market → price go down

Unidentified dye

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

If you look at the graphs, supply and demand have been more or less stable for a while. With the exception of the 17th when someone either filled a metric kittenton of buy orders or all the buy orders were cancelled and put back up at a lower price point. The price took a huge dive and has stayed there.

That said, I have noticed an increase in drops myself, going from 1-2 per 3-4 hours of game time to 4-5 in the same timeframe.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Unidentified dye

Posted by: The Scarlet Raven.5416

The Scarlet Raven.5416

They also added un-ided dye to the black lion chests so that was a huge influx of dye into the game and probably what caused the drop.

Unidentified dye

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

Don’t say that, or they will nerf it to the ground more.

Unidentified dye

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Don’t say that, or they will nerf it to the ground more.

Please elaborate. Who specifically do you mean with “they” and why would they nerf something?

I play very casually and I usually get 1 or 2 days an evening, consistently. I noticed far fewer drops on my lvl 80 and more on my alts. Could be coincidence though but to me it feels like a low level drop that replaces white armor. Since this drops less at higher levels, dye also drops less.

Maybe it’s alt season. I imagine most people are about done with their main by know and up for something new.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Unidentified dye

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

I have 6 characters that I play at random depending on my mood and sometimes I can get a bunch of dyes in a single play session and sometimes I get very few. It’s completely random.

Unidentified dye

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

Oh well. Just a thought.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

Unidentified dye

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

More people playing also means more people buying, which maintains the same price.

My guess is that they’re trying to find the sweet spot for the dyes, and tweaking the drop rate behind the scenes…