Uninspired Gem store, aka WTH??

Uninspired Gem store, aka WTH??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sabas.8431

Sabas.8431

Let me expand on the title of this topic,

I enjoy GW2 and after 3 months having lived through some ups and downs with the compagny I was finally ready to spend some Gems.

Sure I had looked at the Gem-store before buying my Gem cards but I did not feel I had the “right” to comment on its content because I did not sponsor any of its products.

After buying 1 extra inventory space and expanding my bank space I came to the conclusion that nothing but absolutly nothing else in the store interests me.

I mean, I’m a player who likes to play dress up doll, a big part of playing MMO’s for me is finding ways to make my character visually stand out from the crowd. Be that by colours, aura’s or armours. Gained through normal gameplay or the occasional cash shop purchase.

I own 2 copies of GW2 so I have all the character slots I could ever want.

The impression I am getting and this is not intended as an insult or an attack towards Anet. That the person that came in to “monetise” the game, aka the ex-maplestory girl has no clue as to what drives the GW2 community.

At this point, I am left wondering if 1-She understands that we want to spend Gems in the game we love and 2- we are too intelligent to get cought up in buying boosters and random lottery junk.

The BLT salvage kit is already crossing a line I feel should not be crossed in a buy to play game. Worth noting my main character is an engineer and I’m sick and tired of looking like a friggin Pirate. Brown bags and stupid hats are not the type of things that says, Look at me I’m an Azuran mad scientist. Disregarding some cultural armour or some pieces of dungeon armour. Brown bags and skirts are getting extremely tiresome and its the thing that will likely cause me to play GW2 less over time.

tldr; Anet please make more non town clothes styles so I can give you my money!