Uninstalling for good.

Uninstalling for good.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: red.2387

red.2387

Been playing on and off since release, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I’ve had some fun with the game, but my time is through so I’ll leave my final bit of feedback.

1) Too many nerfs in the patch. These itemization and stat changes really needed to be done before people sunk hundreds of hours into farming for their ascended gear. The class balance changes should have been pushed off until after seeing the effects of the stat changes; a bunch of builds feel double nerfed.

2) Very little permanent content additions since release.

3) Fractals are one of the few major additions and many of them are still plagued with huge problems.

4) WvW never lived up to its potential. Was a huge selling point pre-launch but didn’t receive enough support post-launch to make it a viable endgame activity in its own right. I played DAoC for years and this is no DAoC. Not even close.

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: Dark Dante.6970

Dark Dante.6970

Cool Story Bro….can I have your gold and stuff ?

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

May I have your stuff plz OP?

Thank you!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

So your reason for quitting GW2 is that they made a completely necessary change to Berserker gear?

See ya.

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

GW2 has problems but remember it’s F2P. So in the future their may be an update that fits you better. Maybe check in every now and then to see if any good changes come your way.

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I’ve had some fun with the game, but my time is through so I’ll leave my final bit of feedback.

1) Too many nerfs in the patch. These itemization and stat changes really needed to be done before people sunk hundreds of hours into farming for their ascended gear. The class balance changes should have been pushed off until after seeing the effects of the stat changes; a bunch of builds feel double nerfed.

3) Fractals are one of the few major additions and many of them are still plagued with huge problems.

4) WvW never lived up to its potential. Was a huge selling point pre-launch but didn’t receive enough support post-launch to make it a viable endgame activity in its own right. I played DAoC for years and this is no DAoC. Not even close.

WvW is great, and it still has a lot of potential. But to execute on its potential, it first must be balanced, because coverage isn’t balance. But finding a fix for coverage is a lot more difficult than it seems.

Also, this is a feature patch, not a content patch, and was advertised as a feature patch for a very long time, so you can’t be upset about having no content.

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

I won’t uninstall because one day I’ll come back and reinstalling is a pain. But I will certainly not play anymore.

10 Fero per 1% crit damage or riot.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Uninstalling for good.

red.2387

So your reason for quitting GW2 is that they made a completely necessary change to Berserker gear?

See ya.

They announced they would be nerfing gear. That’s fine. They didn’t mention that they’d be nerfing crit damage from Trait points at the same time. Lots of builds got hit with double nerfs and the class changes do not account for this.

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

WvW is great, and it still has a lot of potential. But to execute on its potential, it first must be balanced, because coverage isn’t balance. But finding a fix for coverage is a lot more difficult than it seems.

Also, this is a feature patch, not a content patch, and was advertised as a feature patch for a very long time, so you can’t be upset about having no content.

WvW is fun but it’s a massive zerg fest. It should be groups of 5-15 people fighting and trying to gain land, take footholds and work together. Right now it’s swiftness, run to point, cap it, loot supplies, move around the map, take whatever is open with a zerg down, leave it, let stuff get capped then retake it back.

WvW should be where you want to lose nothing, where every person/place held means something, no point in even guild claiming most areas or upgrading.

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

See ya.

They announced they would be nerfing gear. That’s fine. They didn’t mention that they’d be nerfing crit damage from Trait points at the same time. Lots of builds got hit with double nerfs and the class changes do not account for this.

They stated that all critical damage was changing from % to ferocity and being reduced. I assumed ‘all’ would include traits.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

See ya.

And then, new classes got added to the trash tier.

Rip mesmer…

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

WvW is fun but it’s a massive zerg fest. It should be groups of 5-15 people fighting and trying to gain land, take footholds and work together. Right now it’s swiftness, run to point, cap it, loot supplies, move around the map, take whatever is open with a zerg down, leave it, let stuff get capped then retake it back.

WvW should be where you want to lose nothing, where every person/place held means something, no point in even guild claiming most areas or upgrading.

Thats sort of true and sort of not true. WvW has a lot more skill groups these days, way more. During prime time, its a lot of guilds running around, slaughtering big blobs who try to take towers. I wouldn’t blame blobbing though, id blame the imbalance in coverage.

In my opinion, if 1 server had the same amoutn as another, blobbing would be the most inefficient way. Because a blob would go from tower to tower, while the other server would split into 4 differnet groups, of say 15-20 people, and go attack 5 different towers. This way, the enemy blob of 60 could save only one tower while the other 3 fall.

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Other than a couple of minor issues with the new season (free transfers → server stacking), WvW is one of the major success stories in this game.

Uninstalling for good.

red.2387

This patch is also just too many changes all at once, many of which effect class balance in a way that is too complex to make huge blanket changes like this. It’s basically like throwing out the past year+ of class balance changes. I don’t feel like sticking around and watching them try to figure balance out again off the new baseline.

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I understand that your opinion of things is just that. Your opinion.

Having said that, I have to agree with some of them.

1. Yes, I think they overdid things out of the gate. I think they should have separated some of the new features and rolled them out in stages. Now that the horse is out of the barn, so to speak, we’ll have to adjust. The thing that irritates the kitten out of me is that players would rather /ragequit because their favorite build isn’t viable any more rather than learn to play another way. What is so wrong with learning something new? Like in any evolution, adapt or die.

2. There have been very minor permanent additions, yes, but like it or not, we had something new to do every 2 or 3 weeks for the last year. Just because they’re not to your liking doesn’t mean that they were horrid for everyone. I do hope there will be new zones and permanent content in the near future.

3. Agreed. From what I understand of the whole Fractal mess, there are issues. I cannot comment on the specifics, as I have never set foot in one, but my guildie says they need improvement and soon.

4. WvW is an aspect of the game that is very specific to a certain type of player, as is sPvP, and PvE. It does have potential to be great, but in my experiences, it’s not the WvW theater. It’s the WvW players who choose how it is played. Every time I am there, the tactics seem to be “zerg this keep” or “Follow the blue dorito” rather than a concerted effort to rule the map. It could be better, but again, it’s not the concept, it’s the implementation.

I do understand your frustration, and if the game has changed so much that you can’t enjoy it any more, then farewell. I hope you find exactly what you’re looking for. If not, and you want to try GW2 again, come on back.

oh…(obligatory sarcasm sentence) can I haz U stuff???

Level 80 Elementalist

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

For me it is pretty cut and dry; I was happy, I was paying to support the growth of the game, now I want a major content update and I am not paying for anymore until that happens, pretty simple no?

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Uninstalling for good.

Posted by: Hobbs.9260

Hobbs.9260

I understand that your opinion of things is just that. Your opinion.

Having said that, I have to agree with some of them.

1. Yes, I think they overdid things out of the gate. I think they should have separated some of the new features and rolled them out in stages. Now that the horse is out of the barn, so to speak, we’ll have to adjust. The thing that irritates the kitten out of me is that players would rather /ragequit because their favorite build isn’t viable any more rather than learn to play another way. What is so wrong with learning something new? Like in any evolution, adapt or die.

2. There have been very minor permanent additions, yes, but like it or not, we had something new to do every 2 or 3 weeks for the last year. Just because they’re not to your liking doesn’t mean that they were horrid for everyone. I do hope there will be new zones and permanent content in the near future.

3. Agreed. From what I understand of the whole Fractal mess, there are issues. I cannot comment on the specifics, as I have never set foot in one, but my guildie says they need improvement and soon.

4. WvW is an aspect of the game that is very specific to a certain type of player, as is sPvP, and PvE. It does have potential to be great, but in my experiences, it’s not the WvW theater. It’s the WvW players who choose how it is played. Every time I am there, the tactics seem to be “zerg this keep” or “Follow the blue dorito” rather than a concerted effort to rule the map. It could be better, but again, it’s not the concept, it’s the implementation.

I do understand your frustration, and if the game has changed so much that you can’t enjoy it any more, then farewell. I hope you find exactly what you’re looking for. If not, and you want to try GW2 again, come on back.

oh…(obligatory sarcasm sentence) can I haz U stuff???

All I play is Fractals really everyday (lvl 40, 56 AR, 400+ fractals)…what exactly are these big problems in there? Cause I honestly havent seen any other than needing more/new ones to play. Fractals is really the only true hardcore end game to this game.

80 ele Deaths Misstress [DEAD] – Blackgate NA East Coast