Unlimited Salvage Kit

Unlimited Salvage Kit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

There was an unlimited salvage kit on sale for 400 gems recently, and I didn’t have enough gems to buy it. :-(. Is this its first time appearing? I really want it!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

There are a couple of unlimited salvaging tools, and they have appeared and disappeared a few times in the store (i.e. they’ll be back at some point):

I’m not sure which one was on sale, but if you have the gems to buy it, you can open up a dialogue with Support and see if they can help you get that discounted price.

G R E E N E R

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

It was the copper fed this time, it will be back.

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: Supercluster.7159

Supercluster.7159

From the WIKI in regards to the Copper-Fed-salvage-o-Matic:

Given the gold-gem exchange rate and saving 0.52 Copper coin on each salvage, you would have to salvage approximately 3 million items before it becomes cheaper than using Basic Salvage Kits.

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Both were on sale, being Copper-Fed first for 640 gems then for last round of discounted items Silver-Fed for 400 gems. As suggested, try to contact support, they might help you.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

From the WIKI in regards to the Copper-Fed-salvage-o-Matic:

Given the gold-gem exchange rate and saving 0.52 Copper coin on each salvage, you would have to salvage approximately 3 million items before it becomes cheaper than using Basic Salvage Kits.

All the unlimited stuff is more about convenience than actual gains. Although if they continue with the no merchant map like Bloodstone Fen that becomes a bit of a different issue …

Hopefully ANet is not going down the path of “typical F2P game BS”.

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: chase.2564

chase.2564

I too would have bought a Silver Fed Salvage-o-matic if I had known it was in the gem store. I was kind of bummed when I found out after that it had been there and I did not notice it.

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I too would have bought a Silver Fed Salvage-o-matic if I had known it was in the gem store. I was kind of bummed when I found out after that it had been there and I did not notice it.

Copper-fed is so worth it. I find Silver-fed isn’t as much, unless you salvage tons of rares and above. Even then, if you have piles of Mystic Forge Stones, it’s cheaper to make the Mystic Salvage Kit than buying the Silver-fed.
Personally regret getting it, honestly.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: chase.2564

chase.2564

Copper-fed is so worth it. I find Silver-fed isn’t as much, unless you salvage tons of rares and above. Even then, if you have piles of Mystic Forge Stones, it’s cheaper to make the Mystic Salvage Kit than buying the Silver-fed.
Personally regret getting it, honestly.

I have the Copper-fed right now. I use it so much I want one of the Silver-fed. I really wouldn’t regret it because of the convenience of not having to keep a salvage kit around. Throw it in an account wide slot and not worry about it ever again.

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: Welcometotheden.8547

Welcometotheden.8547

I picked up the copper-fed for convenience. I got caught a few too many times with bags of loot and no way to salvage them until I made the inevitable trek to a vendor. Interrupted my flow. haha. Having the copper already, the silver didn’t really call out to me. Now, maybe if I were offered a reasonable discount for ‘upgrading’ (hint hint), I’d very likely consider it.

~ The Cult of the Six Symbols ~

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I was thinking about this the other day, actually, and came to the realization that I have used my Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic more than any other item in the game. Especially now that it sits permanently in the one account bound slot I have. Based on that alone, it’s been worth the purchase.

I used to carry 4-5 basic salvage kits on all of my alts, the Copper-Fed has freed up those slots and allowed me to never look back. It’s certainly paid for itself if only in time saved from not having to run to the vendor every hour or so.

Highly recommend buying it when it appears in the gem store. You’ll be glad you did.

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

I purchased both the copper and silver kits along with some shared inventory space. Is life changing too strong of a term?

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I just don’t want to use the copper fed on rares/exotics :sssss

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I purchased both the copper and silver kits along with some shared inventory space. Is life changing too strong of a term?

Preach it.

I just don’t want to use the copper fed on rares/exotics :sssss

The Silver-Fed Salvage Kit is normally priced at 500 gems (sale price wsa 400 gems), costs 60c per use and is equivalent to a Master or Mystic salvage kit. To my mind 60c is too much to spend on white/blue/green items. There is also the Copper-Fed Salvage Kit for 800 gems that cost 3c per use and is the same as the basic kit.

The Silver-Fed doesn’t hang around for long when it returns, it’s simply not as popular as the Copper-Fed which is in the store for 800 gems.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: Vykoz.7803

Vykoz.7803

If you can get theese and have the gems, do it!

Many times i have said to myself “i am so glad i bought theese”

When you really grind out stuff in the game, you salvage thousands and thousands of times….this is easily one of the best if not the best buy you can make from the shop if you play a lot and its kinda the same with having 1 of each gathering tool, though they are not as good a quality of life upgrade as the salva-to-matics.

i have both the silver and the copper one, using the silver for rare+ items and the copper one for greens, but thats justcause i love them so much, i had only the silver one for a long time and it was fine

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I agree. I only have the copper-fed, but it’s probably the single best purchase I’ve made. I use it for all masterwork and lower items. It gets a lot of use.

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

I got both in sales a long time ago, in shared slots they were already awesome, with the right click salvage feature all they are even better.
I salvage greens and lower with the copper-fed and after checking the TP for anything worth selling I then silver-fed the remaining rares.
Exotics I still use BL kits on.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Unlimited Salvage Kit

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I just picked up the copper-fed in the recent sale (finally getting my act together on some QoL!), stuck it in the shared inventory slot and life is sweeter now. Is a recommended purchase.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”