Unlock Sinister Trinkets, it's been 2 years!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Ascended Sinister Trinkets are still locked behind a ridiculous bunch of Living Story season 2 Achievements that, as far as I can tell, are either impossible to solo or nearly impossible. After 2 years, it is almost equally difficult to find a group of people willing to go back to that story line just to help 1 person get the Achievements. In WvW, this is giving a small group of people who already had the game in mid-2014 & were therefore able to get the Achievements done the first time around a whole extra set of stats to choose from, which should be viewed as an unfair advantage. This also applies to PvE, since Sinister gear is now becoming popular for Raids.

It was a ridiculous idea to being with, requiring people to do a difficult set of Living Story Achievements just to unlock something that should have been available at the vendors in the first place. But enough is enough; it’s been 2 years already, just give people some normal way to get Sinister Trinkets that doesn’t require us to PAY some group of players to drag us through a bunch of Living Story Achievements that we never wanted to do in the first place! If you can take WvW completely out of World Completion, surely you can unlock this stat set at the Laurel Vendors after 2 LONG YEARS. Anybody who hasn’t done the Living Story Achievements by now probably has no intention of ever doing them, but it doesn’t mean they don’t want to use this stat set.

Please Anet, find some way to unlock this stat set. Anyone coming into the game now will find the stat set nearly impossible to obtain, and it’s just one more example of the type of thing that drives WvW players away.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They take time but aren’t impossible solo except maybe for the point of no return achievements but the other achievements get you everything but 1 earring.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Viper ascended accessories and Rings do not even exist yet lol..

Viper ascended amulet is lock behind a series of tedious AP, which is way harder than any Sinister pieces.

Posted by: Jackospades.4802

Jackospades.4802

You can definitely solo those achievements. I have been working on them myself. I am only missing one piece currently.

The only one that is giving me problems is It’s All About Timing and that one also seems doable. It’s frustrating but seems within reach.

Just watch some guides and keep at it. They aren’t even close to impossible.

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Just watch some guides and keep at it. They aren’t even close to impossible.

That’s what everybody said about the small handful of WvWthings that used to be required for World Completion; it’s just takes time, but it’s not impossible.

I wasted an entire day and wasn’t able to finish them? Is there a video anywhere of someone soloing all the Achievements in one go? If there is, I haven’t been able to find it yet, but I’d love to see how they did it.

Even if it is possible to solo them, it’s still ridiculous to have a stat set locked behind the most boring, tedious piece of content in the game. I’m sorry to hear that getting Viper stats is just as bad, but that doesn’t justify leaving Sinister in this state for 2 whole years! And please, Anet, if anyone there is reading this, PLEASE don’t lock another whole stat set behind ANOTHER set of Living Story Achievements! This kind of thing is terrible for the game, and severely limits people’s ability to change builds.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I’m so sick of this “locked behind whatever” system. Why can’t we just craft what we want? Seriously…

Attachments:

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s been closer to one year since they were part of Silverwastes released on November 4th, 2014 with the final update being January 13th, 2015.

Two years ago, Scarlet was still alive. In fact, Twisted Marionette was released on January 21st, 2014.

Aside from that, I do not see a reason for their acquisition to be made available outside of those LS episodes. This was how they designed these new stat combinations to be acquired.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Ascended Sinister Trinkets are still locked behind a ridiculous bunch of Living Story season 2 Achievements that, as far as I can tell, are either impossible to solo or nearly impossible.

The thing is, I got all of these achievements solo. Most of them on the first try. The boss centaur and the shadow dragon achievements are tough, but far from impossible. Heck, I’d say the only reason why they took multiple tries is because I’m a clumsy and discombobulated individual.

My advice is to go max DPS. It really helps.

Viper ascended amulet is lock behind a series of tedious AP, which is way harder than any Sinister pieces.

They’re rare drops from the bosses in Spirit Vale.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Stat availability for trinkets has always been wonky even for standard stats such as valkyrie. It can be safely assumed that it is this way simply because of a lack of care.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

mm.. no. everyone else went through hell to unlock those trinkets. so must you.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Dahmerkitten.1385

Dahmerkitten.1385

Dulfy has a guide- and they soloed them

I think i ran with a few guildies for some- others i soled. It’s def doable.

Another option is LFG- People do sell them, so if your still struggling you could always offer up some gold to stand in a corner and let people do them for you :p

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I only ran 1 achievement with a group, the rest are entirely soloable.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/asc-trinket-HoT-stat-locked-behind-RAID/first#post5882174

You are welcome!!!