Unlock all skins in backpack menu.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sipso.9674

Sipso.9674

How about adding something like “unlock all possible skins from backpack” into side menu of backpack (Deposit all, hide/show…)?
I found myself r-clicking on every single item i dropped to check if i can unlock it. Would be nice to unlock it all in one click, specially after some long runs where you drop 80+ pieces.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Why not just salvage them to unlock?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Sipso.9674

Because i want to sell them to vendor?

Draknar.5748

Doesn’t it soulbind if you right click then hit unlock? I was lead to believe it did.

Posted by: Sephrye.1628

Sephrye.1628

Have you unlocked magic find?
You can get luck from salvaging armor/weapon, that when you use them keeps adding a permanent bonus to your account to magic find, to get better drops

A button like that would be nice, though, it might also be bad, if you wanted to sell something on the tp,
because when you unlock a skin of something, you can’t sell it to others, since it becomes bound
Maybe there’s a way around for the button for that, though, I don’t know

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Doesn’t it soulbind if you right click then hit unlock? I was lead to believe it did.

It does. But I think that OP actually sells them to merchants o.O
Even though it’s much more profitable to sell em on TP or salvaging them.

Draknar.5748

Oh sell to vendor?? lol who does that? Maybe he’s maxed out on MF, that could be a reason?

Posted by: Sephrye.1628

Sephrye.1628

Oh sell to vendor?? lol who does that? Maybe he’s maxed out on MF, that could be a reason?

Yeah, but even salvaging for mats to sell on the tp, is often more profitable than selling to the npc.
Unless it’s a rare equip or something

Posted by: wolvenra.9617

wolvenra.9617

You don’t have to r-click to see if the skin has been unlocked or not. Just hover over it; the tooltip will tell you.

Sipso.9674

I’m not maxed on mf, i do not care about mf since i got my legendary, which was before acc bound mf.
I have no patience to sell more than 20 items on tp as it starts to throw errors at me.
I craft no more as i have enough gold to buy all gear for my 3 chars i have left to level.

I salvage only salvagable items (scraps or w/e), quick deposit, quick compact, quick sell all greens/blues, salvage rares, put exos on tp/salvage cheap ones and am done.

Sipso.9674

You don’t have to r-click to see if the skin has been unlocked or not. Just hover over it; the tooltip will tell you.

Still not as comfy as one-click-all-job-done.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I wouldn’t want that at all. I’d hate to accidently unlock and soulbind an expensive item that I’d rather sell on the TP.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Why in the world are you selling things to vendor?! Ever since the luck change all salvageable armors/weapons are worth way more than the vendor price.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I wouldn’t want that at all. I’d hate to accidently unlock and soulbind an expensive item that I’d rather sell on the TP.

^This. Just salvage what you want the skins from, and if you fill your collection, you can either sell that resource and start collecting over again, or just sell whatever does not fit into the collection.

Just as you’re complaining about not having a button that “unlocks all” skins, as soon as anet introduces such a feature, you’re going to have a lot of threads about people kittening about binding rares and exotics that cost 10-1000g because of the button. As unfortunate as it is, it’s far easier for you to salvage your inventory (use a copper-fed if you dont want a lot back) than for CS to deal with people accidentally binding precs when they wanted to sell them instead.

Sipso.9674

^This. Just salvage what you want the skins from, and if you fill your collection, you can either sell that resource and start collecting over again, or just sell whatever does not fit into the collection.

Just as you’re complaining about not having a button that “unlocks all” skins, as soon as anet introduces such a feature, you’re going to have a lot of threads about people kittening about binding rares and exotics that cost 10-1000g because of the button. As unfortunate as it is, it’s far easier for you to salvage your inventory (use a copper-fed if you dont want a lot back) than for CS to deal with people accidentally binding precs when they wanted to sell them instead.

Then rare and exo equipment boxes should prevent their contents from unlocking and therefore soulbinding. Only the items from regular boxes/bags will be unlocked+bound.
But then it’ll be that ppl can not afford few fractal runs to get those boxes…
Not like there was information that unlocking skins binds the item.