Unlock the skills NPC Trainer in PvE too

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: redgabber.5209

redgabber.5209

Please delete the skill revamp cost and obligation to meet the NPC… it’s a no-sense with the GW tradition…

Many player have more than one stuff and template per character, they want to use it free without the need to TP (and pay) to this NPC.

Please, do it first before writing live story… it’s more important and serious.

On the same way, the TP cost is stupid… It kills the casual player experience… low of funds, not all the players like to farm… life in GW2 is too expensive

It s hard IRL with cash… so please, give us free of charge to travel in your game

Cash in GW2 is a prb for some player but excellent for asian gold farmer

Regards.

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

None of that costs too much in game. Really all I have to say :P

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

If you are having troubles with WP costs then I’d suggest you to tale a little time to think about what you spend your money on.

3 lvl 80 events is enough to cover your expenses to travel anywhere on the map and if you for example mine few nodes or kill few mobs you’ll have more than enough to use the waypoints.

redgabber.5209

No.

i don’t want to pay 10 silver just to TP to skill npc + revamp charge + TP to origin place, just to adapt my build before enter a dungeon.

I don’t want to farm event or mob on my session time to let me play for want i bought the game.

Farming is bad. I work hard IRL, i don’t want to work in game and spend 1 hour on the evening just for maintain my cash level. This is not gaming…

I bought the game for PVE gameplay challenge, like GW1, i don’t want a panda game and wow-like no brain attitude.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

The TP fees are necessary, without them there would be a lot of problems with it. People could use it as free storage (just list your items for ridiculous prices and you’ll get the money back when you take your item back) and it serves a necessary gold sink.

I agree with the changing your traits freely thing, but I don’t mind if it costs money. The game needs a gold sink, especially since inflation is becoming a bigger problem every day. I’d just like to be able to retrait wherever I want, even if it costs me the 3.5 silver.

Anywhere I want, except for dungeons/fractals, because that would be simply broken. Just make it so you can’t do it when in an instance and we’d have a lot of happy campers.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I think what you want is dual builds. I’d sign up for that.

Also TP charges made me think of Trading post fees. Wp costs are still pretty cheap, and free if you use WvW —→ LA.

Tamaki Revolution.3548

The TP fees are necessary, without them there would be a lot of problems with it.

Think they meant WP fees, confused me also :P

Posted by: MFP.5324

MFP.5324

^ agree. These are necessary gold sinks to slow down inflation in prices. Removing the skill reset fees on the other hand, might be a good idea.

Almira Tinkerbell [TRBO]
Engineer
Island of Janthir

(edited by MFP.5324)

Posted by: MFP.5324

MFP.5324

You know what a good idea is? Changing armor sets with one button!

Almira Tinkerbell [TRBO]
Engineer
Island of Janthir

redgabber.5209

Hey guys ! TP is TELEPORT… not the AH system or Vendor re-buy

If there is an issue with vendor, just delete the cache while teleport… it s not a prb

why you spoke about items storage ?

You know what a good idea is? Changing armor sets with one button!

Yes, this system was existing in GW1, a template/stuff manager.

Note the paid revamp skill never exist in GW1, and no need to meet a npc for that, that kills player experience.

I think devs play to much wow and “free to play stupid or become”, and not enought gw1 where are the original creator of guild wars ??

@Bright: check gw1 features. It was impossible to rebuild in dungeon, that s fine. in GW2 it changes for better and worth. Better because you are able to choose skill during no-combat mode, and bad because you never can adjust your trait without TP to lion’arch and paid.

i hope ANet devs & team read my post.

(edited by redgabber.5209)

Tamaki Revolution.3548

If there is an issue with vendor, just delete the cache while teleport… it s not a prb

Took me a minute, but you should be a bit more clear in the future :P TP is not the WayPoint system either.

I’d love dual builds personally, but I’d be fine with it costing more than wping .

(edited by Tamaki Revolution.3548)

redgabber.5209

yes sorry, it’s WayPoint. i agree, due to my bad translation

Why paid for traits revamp ? we already bought the books with gold.

Just kill this stupid NPC !! lol this is a good idea for the live story

Tamaki Revolution.3548

yes sorry, it’s WayPoint. i agree, due to my bad translation

No worries. I’m used to games with 2-3 builds. I’ve love to just store a build with a set of gear here.

redgabber.5209

This is GW1 existing feature

Bright.9160

Because I thought you meant Trading Post. TP is usually the abbreviation used for the AH, and WP (Way Point) for teleporting.

Yes, this system was existing in GW1, a template/stuff manager.

Note the paid revamp skill never exist in GW1, and no need to meet a npc for that, that kills player experience.

Actually…. Back at launch from GW1, there was a system that was even worse than the current one. You needed attribute refund points to change your build, and those refund points were really hard to come by.

And it wasn’t until 2007 that skill templates were made available.

@Bright: check gw1 features. It was impossible to rebuild in dungeon, that s fine. in GW2 it changes for better and worth. Better because you are able to choose skill during no-combat mode, and bad because you never can adjust your trait without TP to lion’arch and paid.

i hope ANet devs & team read my post.

Again, those GW1 feature were not there from the start. And at the start from GW1, the system in place was a lot worse than the one we have now.

Not to mention that you said you could change armor sets by 1 click in GW1, which was only true for PvP, not for PvE.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a template system, I just don’t think the gold sinks from way pointing and retraiting should go, because they’re minor and necessary.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

teleport or trading post, those gold sinks are necessary to counter inflation. It helps keep gold worth optimal and helps casual players more than you think.

As for the retraiting npc, the price is cheap, it may not be handy though I admit.

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

If ArenaNet removes those fees, will you be happy with the required reduction in coin and loot drops that will need to be made to offset the removal of those expenses? Those fees have a specific purpose. They permanently remove money from the game’s economy. If our expenses are lowered by the removal of these fees, then ArenaNet will need to adjust our income (drops) to compensate.

redgabber.5209

sorry for abbreviation, i agree.

about gw1 features, anyway… we are in 2013. GW2 code has been rewrited, they are experienced with gw1. They know what people asked for.

Why start with the gw1 sample ? it s a non-sense

Posted by: Belcebub.8421

Belcebub.8421

To be honest, i don’t mind too much about wp costs or the cost to reroll your trait points, but i would really like to see it be available on the fly, keep the cost of 3s and some or even make it higher, i don’t care, just wanna be able to change the build whenever the heck i want.

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

What I would like is the ability to save different trait setups/builds and be able to change them in the open world without having to visit our trainer, it doesn’t matter to me if we get charged or not

Bright.9160

sorry for abbreviation, i agree.

about gw1 features, anyway… we are in 2013. GW2 code has been rewrited, they are experienced with gw1. They know what people asked for.

Why start with the gw1 sample ? it s a non-sense

Don’t ask me…

But then again, it’s Anet we’re talking about, and I’ve yet to see them learn from any of their mistakes.

redgabber.5209

@Bright yes you are right, i was speaking to ANet via this forum.

Skill revamp : everywhere and when we want YES !

…and the charge is ridiculous… so, to be removed if the revamp become free of use.

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

Teleport only when you have to, and you’ll save some money. If you want to get to the group event on the other side of the map but you’re in a hurry, use waypoints, in other cases, there’s no need, except if you want to travel to a distant zone.

As for the respect, I kinda agree with you. It’s kinda lame that you have to run back to the NPC and change it. Instead, why not have reset traits like in PvP? Simple and easy. Sure, paying for respect is also a downer, but this game needs money sinks, so it’s okay I guess.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Skillrevamp is like 3,5s at level80

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

If ArenaNet removes those fees, will you be happy with the required reduction in coin and loot drops that will need to be made to offset the removal of those expenses? Those fees have a specific purpose. They permanently remove money from the game’s economy.

And there ya go; there’s your answer. Money sinks – like paying to replace your harvesting tools – are there ta take money out of circulation to slow down inflation. Without those, the stuff you bought for 3 silver 2 months ago would cost you 9 silver now.

Having to go to Lion’s Arch or whatnot to change your build isn’t that big a deal – sure it’s an extra step – but it brings you back to those places and sometimes there’s stuff going on there worth checkin’ out. As for the cost? You’re kidding, right? Less than four silver to retrait? It’s already practically free … go spend five minutes killing mobs and you’ll get your money back, but – again – it helps keep inflation down. In GW1 you could only change your skill bar in cities – now our skills and weapon skills can be changed any time we’re not in a fight – the Traits have come to fill that old role.

Maybe, for convenience, they could have a person or thing at the beginning of each dungeon what let you retrait then and there – so ya don’t have to rush off and make people wait while you remake your build. That might be a nice option – but still make it cost.

And Waypoint costs? I’ve got a great idea, how ‘bout we just start giving everything away for free!? You don’t wanna pay – fine – run the distance. I get lazy, I pay and I know I’m throwing money away when I do it; but I’m paying for convenience. You don’t want to pay – don’t – nobody’s forcing you to use the Waypoints instead of walking.

A couple weeks ago I spent every cent I had on Fashion Armor (bought the armor I wanted for look, then another set for stats, then combined them with a stone) and couldn’t even afford to get my stuff fixed when I died. Did I cry? I laughed! Because it was pretty darned funny and nobody’s fault but my own.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

You can always go to your home borderlands, respec, then log-out and you’ll be back where you are. I do this all the time if I have to respec. No waypoint fees, just the respec fee.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

ok i agree get rid of the respec fees. it will encourage doing more build changes and make it so you can change it anywhere and maybe we will see more variation of builds. wp are supposed to be a moneysink but i wouldnt mind if those go too

redgabber.5209

i change my complete template very often and i m bored to travel to Lion’Arch and then return to my dungeon…

I think the people who thinks it s good has never played to gw1 before.

now about 3,50 silver cost… sorry but i m kidding yes, but because i must paid this stupid taxe. What is the interest ? inflation… haha sorry it s crappy to concern respec

i want to respec everywhere i m and when i want… ok i tolerate a NPC per area would be nice (but crappy too)… i think the total free pvp respe is the way to go.We bought the books with gold isn’t it ? ok well done, it’s enought.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

No.

i don’t want to pay 10 silver just to TP to skill npc + revamp charge + TP to origin place, just to adapt my build before enter a dungeon.

That’s why people tend to have more than one character in the same profession. But I do agree. We should allow to save 2 or 3 templates and switch between them.

redgabber.5209

That’s why people tend to have more than one character in the same profession. But I do agree. We should allow to save 2 or 3 templates and switch between them.

Does these guys really exists ? i never seen one guy reroll the same character just to have a different build/stuff in Guild Wars… and from other mmo, it’s very rare.

We need to catch and immortalize the guild wars 1 spirit … actually on the way to be sacrified

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I couldn’t care less about the low fees, putting all the traits manually again is a major annoyance. It punishes every player doing open world PvE, dungeons and WvW since they didn’t even separate PvE and WvW.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Jack of Tears.9458

i change my complete template very often and i m bored to travel to Lion’Arch and then return to my dungeon…

I think the people who thinks it s good has never played to gw1 before.

You mean GW1 where you had to be in a city to change your skills? Yeah, not buying that argument one whit. We already have more freedom in changing our builds on the fly than we ever did in GW1. I change my build once a month or more, trying knew things, experimenting with different combos, etc, and it doesn’t bother me that I have to map travel to do it … that’s part of the cost. Better that than having to spend a gold each time I want to respec.

But here’s your answer: (This is where you need to be taking notes Anet) They can just put a Respec Anywhere tool in the Gem Store for those people what don’t wanna take the time to do it the normal way – just like they’ve got Armor Repair and Res items now. It’s no more pay to win than either of those things, or the portable Trading Post, it’s just a convenience tool. (if there’s some concern about PvP imbalance with them, just don’t let them work in PvP areas)

Shebang, everyone wins.

Jack of Tears.9458

I couldn’t care less about the low fees, putting all the traits manually again is a major annoyance. It punishes every player doing open world PvE, dungeons and WvW since they didn’t even separate PvE and WvW.

You’ve gotta be joshin me; maybe we should just let the game take care of our attack cycles too, so we don’t have to worry about hitting buttons? You want to respec, you have to … ya know, respec. I admit a flip on your utility skills – so you could switch out between your ranged mode and melee quickly – would be nice, but auto spending all your traits, too? There’s a point where convenience just turns inta downright laziness.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

-TP fees I’m ok with really
-WP fees are also not bad
-Fee to change your traits…I’m not thrilled with but it is affordable
-Having to go to the NPC in Lion’s Arch to change traits is ridiculous. Should be able to adjust them out of combat whenever you like (if they want to keep cost in there somewhere I’m fine with that)
-Templates, like in GW1 would allow for better game play as it gets us out of prep. state and into playing the game faster. Again, charge us if you want, but don’t make me redo everything by hand when I want to switch builds for solo or group content (or even different dungeon setups).

That all said, this has been brought up in the Suggestions forum many many times.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I don’t mind the cost, but I would love for them to get rid of the need to go see the NPC. There is no reason I can’t just pay the 3 silver on the fly. I despise having to track down a trainer every time I want to redo my spec.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Does these guys really exists ? i never seen one guy reroll the same character just to have a different build/stuff in Guild Wars… and from other mmo, it’s very rare.

We need to catch and immortalize the guild wars 1 spirit … actually on the way to be sacrified

You DO remember that in Guild Wars 1 you had to be in a city/outpost to change your skills and reallocate your trait points? It was a far more restricted system than in Guild Wars 2

You DO know that in Guild Wars 2 you can change your skills anywhere you want (out of combat), which means you have access to all your skills at any given time. Weapon swapping is also free (which changes your 5 first skills) while your utilities can be changed at any given time. Major traits can also change on the fly.

I don’t see any issues, you mean when you are in a dungeon you are using a completely different than when you are out doing events? Why? Pick the best build for anything and problems solved, you won’t have to respec any more, unless you want to TRY a new build, there is no reason to change your build all the time. And for that reason only, to try new builds, the fee is fine, it is so low that you can say it doesn’t exist.

The only exception is WvW, usually WvW builds can be completely different to dungeon/pve builds. A way to use a different build in WvW would be fine, but not anywhere else.

Tl;dr: Be careful what you are asking for OP, GW1 had a far far far more restricted respec system than GW2, we seriously do not need it.

Edit: Templates, and respecing wherever you want would also be nice, build save/load is a feature that has been promised a long long time ago, but still it’s not here yet

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

You DO remember that in Guild Wars 1 you had to be in a city/outpost to change your skills and reallocate your trait points? It was a far more restricted system than in Guild Wars 2

Disagree. ANY town allowed you to change not only your skills, but your trait spec as well. In this game, I can change my skills anywhere, but depending on my location I could end up traveling halfway across the world to change my trait spec. I can’t just run to beetletun and switch out my traits.

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Yeah, it’s really annoying to not have a way to dual-talent-spec. Having to go respec completely so I can get in my “roaming” build vs my “zerging” build is just…stupid. I wanna be able to switch back and forth…

I don’t give a rip that it costs money. I just hate the fact that you have to do it this way in the first place.

maddoctor.2738

Disagree. ANY town allowed you to change not only your skills, but your trait spec as well. In this game, I can change my skills anywhere, but depending on my location I could end up traveling halfway across the world to change my trait spec. I can’t just run to beetletun and switch out my traits.

You can change your major traits anywhere you want without any kind of restriction. The only respec you have to pay for, is changing how many points you have on each trait line. You can certainly make your build in a way that you have your “best/favorite” trait points for any situation, then only play with your major traits to suit your needs.

redgabber.5209

@maddoctor, definitly your are wrong. sorry

when you respe, you change the lines you assign points, because it s a new build, not only a little change to the current one.

and yes, in gw1 you can load/save your build everywhere in all the cities.

That is the way to go for gw2.

I paid the book, i don t want to pay more… but people seems to be ok by paying taxe…
kitten deal but … ok

but note is more expensive that 3 silver. Imagine i m a at Arah entrance, we need a tank, i have one good build but not equiped.

i must waypoint to Lion’arch 3,50 silver + paid the bill 3,50 + return to arah 3,50
—> 10,50 silver just for respec

no, it suxxx sorry.

Posted by: Ackos.7942

Ackos.7942

Lets us buy reset items at the NPC for a few silver and let us use those items to reset our traits in the open world.

Jack of Tears.9458

And that 10 silver is gonna cost you what? Half an hour to make up in loot? So you just spent half an hour for the ability to swap out your Traits any time you want. (just not from anywhere you want) If that 10 silver is really breaking you, I’d might take another look at how you’re balancing your books.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Two hints. For the dailies when you are about to do events in Orr and or SS try not to kill anything on your way there. When you get there there will be plenty to kill and you don’t want to be stuck in DR not getting any loot from participating in the event.

Vendor your greens and TP your rares. Greens are not worth salvaging they give more when sold as a vendor item. Rares don’t always live up to their expectations when salvaging for globs of ectos so I have just started the habit of selling them right out. One never knows when we’ll have yet another salvaging issue with globs. There’s been two so far in this game both times there were bugs.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

redgabber.5209

And that 10 silver is gonna cost you what? Half an hour to make up in loot? So you just spent half an hour for the ability to swap out your Traits any time you want. (just not from anywhere you want) If that 10 silver is really breaking you, I’d might take another look at how you’re balancing your books.

i don’t want to farm 30 minutes to pay my respe. in that case, i play wow or asian mmo, but not guild wars. try to say that to an old veteran gw1 player, just ridiculous.

When i read that, i m now pretty sure gw spirit is dead, due to mmo fast food industry and players who never experiment gw1.

GW become WOW or AION, definitly very bad thanks players… you kill the original game with imported obsolete idea… wow religion ;( rage off/

Jack of Tears.9458

GW become WOW or AION, definitly very bad thanks players… you kill the original game with imported obsolete idea… wow religion ;( rage off/

You don’t have to “farm” for thirty minutes … if just adventuring, you aren’t making ten silver in that time, then you’re doing something more enjoyable – like jumping puzzles or exploring. You’re the person complaining about money – a chest, some crafting components, or just not worrying about it and having fun are all options to killing things for cash.

redgabber.5209

It s not my guild wars vision… i play gw1 for years now, sorry.

Quick access to my build give me quick access to challenge, and direcly when i log on

Anyway, i don’t like the business vision of guild wars 2, you must pay for all, and win nothing… no challenge, only farm farm… in GW1 you won items and skills

maddoctor.2738

@maddoctor, definitly your are wrong. sorry

when you respe, you change the lines you assign points, because it s a new build, not only a little change to the current one.

and yes, in gw1 you can load/save your build everywhere in all the cities.

That is the way to go for gw2.

I paid the book, i don t want to pay more… but people seems to be ok by paying taxe…
kitten deal but … ok

but note is more expensive that 3 silver. Imagine i m a at Arah entrance, we need a tank, i have one good build but not equiped.

i must waypoint to Lion’arch 3,50 silver + paid the bill 3,50 + return to arah 3,50
—> 10,50 silver just for respec
no, it suxxx sorry.

Maybe you are talking about another game because as I explained, in the game called Guild Wars 2 you dont’ have to -ever- respec to be good in doing any kind of content. That is, if you find a good overall build, I play all professions and I never, ever, respec them, unless I want to try a new build, then if I like it more, it becomes my next awesome build. Why do you feel such a need to respec all the time? And you do know that in Guild Wars 2 there is no tank…

Just making a good build that you can fight in all situations by changing your major traits is enough, and certainly doable. The rest comes by tweaking your utilities and changing your weapon sets, something impossible to do in GW1, there you were restricted and locked in one skillbar during your entire adventuring time, had to return back to town, in some cases very far away, in order to respec and then you couldn’t get back into the action, oh no, you had to go through the entire zone again.

The way they did it in GW2 is far superior than in GW1, adding a -nearly non existant- fee for that privilege isn’t something extreme.

As I said, they need to add separate WvW builds, allow save/load, and respec anywhere and it’s perfect.

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

I wouldn’t be surprised if free skill free respecs were eventually implemented. This was added to GW1 eventually (they didn’t cost gold, but initially they cost attribute refund points which you slowly earned as you leveled). It seems equally logical to me that free respecs make just as much sense here, for all the same reasons. Though, there would still need to be some restrictions on when you could respec. In GW1 you could only respec in towns and outposts, which were standalone public instances separate from the explorable (hostile wilderness) areas. Since towns are not separate instances in GW2, there would need to be some slightly different mechanics — but the intent would still be to keep people from respecing in the middle of a dungeon run and similar “out in the field” situations. Perhaps put trainers in more locations, but make the cost to respec free. The intent of the system is to prevent people from constantly swapping their build for every single one-off fight, and give SOME level of significance to creating a build and sticking with it, but still allowing the freedom to explore and experiment.

I’d also look to see at least one waypoint on each map be free to travel to. In GW1 we could freely travel to any town/outpost. There were far fewer GW1 towns/outposts than GW2 waypoints. So it seems like an acceptable compromise that we could freely travel to somewhere in the general region of where we want to go then hoof it the rest of the way (the equivalent to map travel to an outpost, then entering the explorable area map we want to play). The “price” simply turns into “time”, not “gold”. That’s what we did in GW1, and most everyone was perfectly cool with the system.

All waypoints in capital cities should be free to travel back to from everywhere in the world. Technically, they already are — you just have to jump into the PvP lobby, walk 50 paces forward to take the Asura Gate to Lion’s Arch, waypoint to the gate plaza, then hop through the Asura Gate to your destination city. Why not just make all waypoints in capital cities free to travel to, and cut out those middle steps?

I think these are all reasonable “quality of life” requests, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them get implemented sometime in the future. I will say, though, that if you can’t afford current waypoint costs at level 80 then you’re either waypointing way too much or you’re frittering your money away in other areas. The cost is supposed to be enough to make people think before they just blip all over the place, and prevent people from constantly teleporting directly to their destination and skipping the open world, but not so much that you go bankrupt from doing so a reasonable number of times.

(edited by Maximus Delion.8719)

Posted by: TheRudeDude.1596

TheRudeDude.1596

The whole system is very annoying tbh.
A much cleaner one would be to buy armor/weapons for skins and stats separated and be able to change your look without changing your stats and vice versa.
I dont mind the small fee for changing my traits, but i do mind traveling all the way to a town just to make some minor adjustments.
Also, if we had suggested system in place, i think a lot of people would be more inclined to collect a whole bunch of armor/weapon skins without wasting huge amounts of bag inventory.

Please make it happen ANET!
;)

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

buy armor/weapons for skins and stats separated and be able to change your look without changing your stats and vice versa.

If you’re suggesting a wardrobe system as in LOTRO or Rift, I could definitely get behind that. It would also encourage people to buy more gem store clothing or armor skin items if they could have a wardrobe of appearances and swap between them at will. Heck, ArenaNet could even sell extra wardrobe tabs in the store (give us 2 or 3 appearance sets free, then charge for more). Sounds like a win-win to me.