Unlocking Masquerade, Stalwart, Commando

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

With the changes to/removal of the PvP locker, how will we be able to unlock PvP unique styles like PvP Masquerade, Stalwart, Commando?

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Removing them from the game for those who didnt unlock them would be a terrible idea. It would cause more harm than good. Also, keeping them and making them easier to unlock would encourage more people to do PvP. From what I’ve seen in the screenshots about new PvP unlock system, I guess that these armours will be added to the regional unlocks. For example Masquerade armour might be the final armour to unlock from Maguuma region category.

DarksunG.9537

Interesting.. Something I’ve always wondered about was why there are Light & Medium armors that are PvP only, but all Heavy are in PvE.

In any case, i’d like to hear Anet talk about these since they’ve never explained or even acknowledged this bizarre armor locking.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I posted a question regarding this same topic on the Dolyak Express thread for the features patch. Hopefully they’ll look into my inquiry and provide clarity to the topic at hand. So many of us want to know what’ll become of these great armor sets. I’ve got my sights on a particular armor set to use in PvE, and am desperate for information on its acquisition.

Here’s hoping we get something really soon, guys!

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Simply rename the stuff with double names that have different skins and we have the solution.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Simply rename the stuff with double names that have different skins and we have the solution.

That… doesn’t address the question OP posed at all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

You can get the chest, legs and shoulders of commando in the personal story so at least that skin set isn’t going anywhere unless they are going to delete it from my stash or change it to a completely different skin.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Removing them from the game for those who didnt unlock them would be a terrible idea. It would cause more harm than good.

Exactly what harm would it cause? You had 1.5 years to unlock it if you really wanted it. There is exclusive pve living story skins you cant get in pvp so dont try to use an exclusivity argument.

Its not like they are unaware that you cant easily get some skins in pvp anymore, its why they took away glory before they put up the blog post, to prevent pve players from running to HotM after the blog post to try and farm skins once they found out about wardrobe system.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I hope that at least they notice the flaw, if they haven’t yet (I doubt they haven’t, but more probably, that it’s not their priority to fix the problem.) Most likely we’ll have the available storyline armor sections unlocked (for those who acquired and still have them, of course), and the non available parts locked forever unless given a means to obtain/unlock them elsewhere.

DarksunG.9537

Umm.. what? I don’t even…