Unlocking of Reserved Character Names

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FlamingBirdy.3164

FlamingBirdy.3164

Q:

Hi all,

There’s a character name I’ve been eyeing for a while, but it has been reserved by a GW1 character. Now, the game has been out for 3 weeks and it seems that reserved names still haven’t been unlocked for use. I tried just earlier today and I’m still getting the “This character name has been reserved…” message.

My question: When will reserved character names be available for the taking?

Thanks

(edited by FlamingBirdy.3164)

Posted by: FlamingBirdy.3164

FlamingBirdy.3164

I just tried again to make a character with a reserved name, and I’m still getting the same error message. Didn’t they say that names were only going to be reserved until the end of official release day? _

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

Was wondering about this as well. I thought from the article that names were supposed to be released in the headstart/launch area. It’s been a couple of weeks since.

Posted by: Varl.3269

Varl.3269

I hope we get an answer to this… There’s a name I’ve been wanting for a while and waiting to make a character with, and if these aren’t going to be unlocked any time soon then I could just pick something else and move on with my life. But I keep thinking “one more day surely..”

Posted by: CalvinHobbes.3541

CalvinHobbes.3541

It’s pretty pathetic that the names are still reserved.

“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!”

Varl.3269

Bumping, I would take a “whenever we feel like it” as an answer at this point.

Posted by: Von Adder.2487

Von Adder.2487

My take on this is that the names have been used, but the mechanic in place to warn new players is broken!

Varl.3269

I’ve tried to both add the name to my friends list and whisper them in game and a character with the name doesn’t exist, so I know this is not the case.

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

Can confirm that the names are still reserved; I had a character on a GW1 trial account that I created recently. I was getting the same error until I figured out how to sync my accounts.

Would like to see ANet comments on this since I do also recall them saying they were only going to be reserved for the first day, and while I understand there were issues with account syncing at launch, 3 weeks is a very long time for this issue.

Posted by: CalvinHobbes.3541

CalvinHobbes.3541

“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!”

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Other topic is not letting me reply; then saying locked? Is that a forum bug or has it been locked?

Same boat as others; reserved name on an alt account. Over a month later and lots of time wasted on my ticket, still no answer. Please advise.

Posted by: Helkat.6401

Helkat.6401

I too, would appreciate an update on this. It’s been quite some time since release, and quite a bit out of the original stated time frame.

Posted by: Helkat.6401

Helkat.6401

Well, it’s been 19 days since the last post, and now we have a Halloween event! Any news on this issue? -_-

Posted by: Kharon.6239

Kharon.6239

Nope, Gaile silenced the aforementioned thread, someone made a Reddit page concerning the issue other than that I tried to ask about it on Twitter but got ignored. Perhaps I’ll go for a new ticket been as it has been a month since my last two >.>