Unplayable story

Unplayable story

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morag McFear.4156

Morag McFear.4156

So… on one end I’ve invested quite a bit in multiple character slots because I find the 1-20 personal stories the most interesting. Those were always pretty casual friendly: I can beat my beloved “Dude Where’s My Charr?” (I blacked out at the moot for Norn) quest off at level 12 now because I’m a better player for having played it on so many different classes and because I know how to craft the armor and things necessary to do that quest.

Except now the content that was created to help a PVE player level TO 10 and 20 isn’t available until AFTER they hit 10 and 20? This is content that’s been available to me for two years, but now I can’t play until I grind a toon to the point where it’s ridiculously overpowered? Blech.

And on the other side we have the living story, where my characters I learned to play on, learned to WvW on and thus became quite good at playing those classes, with the best weapons, armor, food, etc for the situation: and I can’t walk through the Iron Marches any more without a Mordrem champ mob conditioning me to “I hope some nice samaritan comes to res me,” and I definitely can’t get through the instances without asking a guild member to come help.

So… I can either choose “press X to win” or start losing money on having to replace mice slammed down in frustration after the fifth time I talk to the golem instead of actually executing an AOE attack? … after two loyal years, I can’t defend that.

Unplayable story

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

Yeah this along with the other content that you could access for the last 2 years now locked behind leveling is the most painful things changed. I’m very upset about this… I honestly don’t see what there is to gain by locking every specific thing you possible could behind a level requirement… requirements like underwater combat and trading post access… just kittened!