"Unrealistic"

"Unrealistic"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raion.5280

Raion.5280

I’m not sure if this bothered anyone else during the PAX event live stream, or if it was just me, but there were two questions asked that stood out to me. One question was about town clothing. Colin replied with a question basically saying that you find clothing changing to armor when u change damage to be unrealistic? and then he stated that they have to change it. Also, what was brought up was the Charr armor. It made me sad and appalled to be honest that the dev that responded basically said that human and norn are more important because more people play them and Charr are lower priority. Now why is this not important if this is too, unrealistic? The problem Charr players fact is massive clipping of horns and ears. Most helms actually remove horns and ears, which is VERYunrealistic. The radiant helm, the helm you get via achievements, literally removes horns and ears. And it’s not just a problem for Charr but many times hair is removed from ALL races with hats, helms, hoods, ect. Why priorities on one race and not the other and why town clothes before actual armor is being addressed? Does this upset anyone else?

"Unrealistic"

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Basically he was saying that they aren’t quite happy with how the town clothing works either. He did say that they weren’t really sure what they were going to do with it. It was something they were still looking at.

When it comes to armor, they have to prioritize their work load somehow. How would you suggest doing it?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

"Unrealistic"

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

“More peoples play human and Norn race”?!
I can’t belive a GW2 developer told that , to explain the persistent trouble with charr armor,sorry.
If he told that for real , i’d say give us the change race scroll.
I’m an asura,but i would use it too ,cause weapons are INVISIBLE on the asura race.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

"Unrealistic"

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

“More peoples play human and Norn race”?!
I can’t belive a GW2 developer told that , to explain the persistent trouble with charr armor,sorry.
If he told that for real , i’d say give us the change race scroll.
I’m an asura,but i would use it too ,cause weapons are INVISIBLE on the asura race.

Gotta love metric driven development no?

"Unrealistic"

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

If this is actually what the dev said then that’s appalling. For starters, the populations of different races aren’t dramatically different, so a massive amount of players still play charr. Secondly, the biggest reason that charr is the least played race is almost certainly the huge problems when it comes to armour and clipping. Their tails, horns, manes all have problems with a huge amount of gear. Not to mention the problems with shoulders floating.

"Unrealistic"

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I love the asura’s animation (hate their personalities though) and one of the main reason I havent roled an alt one is because how insignificant the armors and weapons look on them, a greatsword doesnt even look like a dagger, instead it looks like a toothpick. You have an easier time finding out details on minis that on Asura’s armor….

Still, nothing would ever make me reroll my Sylvari, they are THAT awesome!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

"Unrealistic"

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Nobody like Charrs, deal with it >:-(

But seriously, how can be something “unrealistic” in a game where you can be a stupid overgrown cat?

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

"Unrealistic"

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Charr is “only” 2% behind sylvari and 3% behind asura. Norn are only 3% over asura.

Basically 1/3 are playing human and 2/3 the rest.

I guess only weaponsmiths should be updated in the future as well.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

"Unrealistic"

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Charr is “only” 2% behind sylvari and 3% behind asura. Norn are only 3% over asura.

Basically 1/3 are playing human and 2/3 the rest.

I guess only weaponsmiths should be updated in the future as well.

Except the point was probably that making an armor for humans means it’s automatically done for Norn and for Sylvari too short of a couple tweaks. Whereas making the same armor for Charr and Asura would need to start from scratch.

And that is even counting the fact that Charr and Asura only have male models for armor.

"Unrealistic"

Rouven.7409

Except the point was probably that making an armor for humans means it’s automatically done for Norn and for Sylvari too short of a couple tweaks. Whereas making the same armor for Charr and Asura would need to start from scratch.

And that is even counting the fact that Charr and Asura only have male models for armor.

No problem with that, but it has nothing to do with how many people play the races.

Kind of a vicious cycle, people not playing them because of issues and then saying well not enough people play them so there is a lower priority to fix issues with them.

You don’t totally have to start from scratch, but I know what you mean.

"Unrealistic"

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

No problem with that, but it has nothing to do with how many people play the races.

Kind of a vicious cycle, people not playing them because of issues and then saying well not enough people play them so there is a lower priority to fix issues with them.

No, if people wanted to play charr, they’d play them despite the issues.

"Unrealistic"

Rouven.7409

No, if people wanted to play charr, they’d play them despite the issues.

I play mostly my charr (I have 2 of each, except only 1 sylvari). I applaud Anet on what they have done with charr and asura animation wise and the style of the sylvari.
However you will notice that each of them has problems with armour.

I’m not going to argue what came first, the hen or the egg.

"Unrealistic"

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

I agree. I deleted all my Charr chars because of the issues. The T2 heavy cultural armor “red face” bug has been in over a year, tail clipping gets worse with every armor released… Rainbows and smiling clouds are more important it seems.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

"Unrealistic"

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The problem Charr players fact is massive clipping of horns and ears. Most helms actually remove horns and ears, which is VERYunrealistic. The radiant helm, the helm you get via achievements, literally removes horns and ears. And it’s not just a problem for Charr but many times hair is removed from ALL races with hats, helms, hoods, ect. Why priorities on one race and not the other and why town clothes before actual armor is being addressed? Does this upset anyone else?

There is a dimensional void that comes with every helm that trans-dimensions horns, ears, and hair every time you wear them. You will then find the transposed parts all over Tyria and the Mist. Charr horns are often found sticking out at the back of one of Zhaitan’s servants.

If you think that way, it’s that “unrealistic.”

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.