Unsellable items are bad for this game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Blades, ascended mats, fractal fragments, fortune scraps, teleportation devices, twisted collectibles, skins, gauntlet tickets. A lot other stuff is sitting on my alt and the question is why I cannot sell these items? they’re not showing my progress or skill, they are crap for me but might be worth to other people and for sure they are, you can buy back items with fortune scraps but I don’t care about visual look and I can’t sell them.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

What is a cancer to the game, or any game with an online economy, is discontinued, tradeable items. Not the other way round.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

And I am terminal, who’s gonna pay my medical and burial charges. Let us sell this games GARBAGE.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

my favorite is getting a soulbound on acquire weapon from the forge that my toon can not equip, and I can not salvage or sell to merch because it came from the forge.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Anet really does need to get over this fetish for soul binding every new thing they add to the game.

The blade fragments are especially annoying. The price of cores says there’s a market for them but I can’t do anything but craft em or toss em.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Unsalvageable www badge gear is cancer of this game. I want my sigils and runes back!!!!!!!

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Unsellable items are a cancer of this game kind of annoying.

Yes, I agree with you.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

While I agree it would be nice to be able to trade the items, it sounds like you’d be selling them if you could. Craft or toss, yes — but if you don’t want to craft with them, what are you losing by tossing them? Some imagined profit you might have been able to make?

Yes, it’s easier to dump materials if you can at least vendor them. I’m a Veteran Pack Rat, and I know this to be true. There’s a feeling that surely they wouldn’t exist in this form if one didn’t need as many as one could gather, or else that if you can sell them on the TP then you can buy them later to meet precise needs.

Still, we’re not losing money by having these soulbound. Our wallets aren’t getting any lighter unless we’re buying bag space just to hold the plethora of items. I remember a guy who did computer consulting and during the .com bubble he got paid in many millions of dollars worth of stocks. He sent out an insulting email to our circle of LARP friends about how anyone asking him for so much as one thin dime could go eff themselves. I thought “sheesh, he doesn’t have money, he has investments.” And then the stock tanked and he was back where he started because he never had that money.

More succinctly, don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

we need an item that unsouldbinds and makes it account bound again.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i think it usually helps keep the economy in check

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Pretty sure you mean gold sinks keep the economy in check. Trade between players doesn’t create gold, it has the opposite effect actually. Only items that can be merched create gold which causes inflation.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

What is a cancer to the game, or any game with an online economy, is discontinued, tradeable items. Not the other way round.

i see somebody is still soar that he never got a party hat in runescape…..

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Yep, so you can spend all your gold on the Bagslots to keep the economy in check! Precisely!

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: pulupulu.9730

pulupulu.9730

unfortunately, you will have to live with this for awhile…

it is a time sink, because developers know they can not out produce content over speed of player playing through contents.

Even if in the future, all these materials etc become trade-able, it just mean that there is a new time sink in place. People will then complain about the new time sink instead.

Posted by: Lux.6490

Lux.6490

I hope they add more options to salvage all of the stuff that keeps filling up those bags.. but why whould they, when bag slots costs real money and that is what the world is made of..

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Yes. There are many ways to define and acquire crap. They all deal with crap however, and there is far too much crap in this game.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Blades, ascended mats, fractal fragments, fortune scraps, teleportation devices, twisted collectibles, skins, gauntlet tickets. A lot other stuff is sitting on my alt and the question is why I cannot sell these items? they’re not showing my progress or skill, they are crap for me but might be worth to other people and for sure they are, you can buy back items with fortune scraps but I don’t care about visual look and I can’t sell them.

I do more deleting in some game sessions than I do playing.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I have already deleted 4000 to 6000 of those usless(to me anyway, have no inclination to acquire that butt ugly back-piece) “Blade Shards” and now I hear they will be sellable/used in something else. They should let us know about things that will be used for other things as well in advance, I hate unnecessary cluter so I dump stuff that appears to be useless for my use to save room because everything is kittening soul/account bound.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The moment everything is unbounded then everything can be traded. To take this to a logical extreme, you’d be able to buy everything. So you’ll not be earn anything so much as buying everything. Some items can probably be changed but in general the idea behind bound items is important.

Posted by: Jaric.5679

Jaric.5679

my favorite is getting a soulbound on acquire weapon from the forge that my toon can not equip, and I can not salvage or sell to merch because it came from the forge.

Would you mind giving an example of such an item, please?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

If they added more things to use them up it would be nice. I made one back ascended and have another at iron stage if I really want to make it. Not a lot of reason to keep more than 500 of them but they keep adding ways of getting them.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’ve got around 2000+ blades. and thats me not even farming for the bags. Anet has a bad problem of making something to hard to get or to easy.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think they make everything soulbound or account bound for 2 reasons:-

1) Due to exploits that will hurt the GW2 economy (basically this means effect sales of gems).

2) To stop some items being effectively worthless. For example, ascended crafting materials, if you could list them on the TP they would probably end up being worth no more than there vendor value.

Posted by: Goochball.1086

Goochball.1086

Would be sweet if GW2 had an in-game pawn shop where you could pawn soulbound items/materials to an NPC for a reasonable amount gold. And once you’ve pawned your item(s), you receive an account bound receipt that will allow you to buy your stuff back from any of your characters, but at an increased rate. This way you could transfer your soulbound stuff to other toons, but it’ll cost ya.

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Still, we’re not losing money by having these soulbound. Our wallets aren’t getting any lighter unless we’re buying bag space just to hold the plethora of items. I remember a guy who did computer consulting and during the .com bubble he got paid in many millions of dollars worth of stocks. He sent out an insulting email to our circle of LARP friends about how anyone asking him for so much as one thin dime could go eff themselves. I thought “sheesh, he doesn’t have money, he has investments.” And then the stock tanked and he was back where he started because he never had that money.

More succinctly, don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched.

I’m not saying I’m losing money but if I could sell some of these items I would have probably hundreds of gold more. For example: my 500 fortune scraps – 3 wind chasers backs = ~300 gold. Not to mention ~50 portal devices, lot of gauntlet skins, that’s a lot of valuable items. And there’s no reason not to let players sell these items, I’m not sure even if unsellable exotics from FoTM isn’t a bug.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: Aion.3780

Aion.3780

Stop the soul bound. Make account bound instead. At least that way you could share items/weapons amongst your characters.