Unsure about 100% condi duration

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: binbinz.7285

binbinz.7285

Hi All, i attached a pic on my stats
Am i having 112% duration on bleeding n chilling?

Base=46.2
Bleeding=66.19
Chilling=66.19

I am confuse on the base and bonus.

Thanks in advance

Attachments:

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

No, if I’m reading that right, you have a 20% bonus to Bleed and Chill, making them 66% instead of the 46% all of your condis have. The one in the tooltip shows total for specific conditions.

Posted by: binbinz.7285

binbinz.7285

Oh, i think i get it now,
Thanks alot

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

Also condi duration extension is capped at 100%.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Condi duration caps at 100% regardless what the tooltip says. If your tooltip says for example 120%, then that extra 20% is what your total stats from traits and gear provide.

In general, its a waste to go over 100%. So if your viper gear takes you over 100, then you might considering switching to sinister or switch out your runes or sigils.

However, there are exceptions. For example necro GM Scepter trait. It adds 50% extar bleed duration, which increases base, not the total. So your scepter applied bleed can go up to 150% and the tooltip will reflect this as a total.

Also, if you are talking about WVW or PVP, then remember a lot of people run -condi duration stuff and anything you have over 100% will then be useful, its your condi total duration vs their -condi duration, and the difference between the 2 is what will actually get applied.

In PVE this is irrelevant as mobs and scripted opponents do not use any tactics counter-tactics or thought in what they do.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

However, there are exceptions. For example necro GM Scepter trait. It adds 50% extar bleed duration, which increases base, not the total. So your scepter applied bleed can go up to 150% and the tooltip will reflect this as a total.

This is not true. The Necromancer trait (and the comparable engineer trait) applies to the base duration of the effects, prior to the condition duration multiplier being calculated.

This means two things: one, that condition duration above 100 percent is still a waste, and two, that you get extra bonus value, because instead of 100 percent duration == 200 percent of base, it’s now 300 percent of the “base time without the trait”, yay!