Until thieves are fixed, I won't be spending on gems

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tarinis.6054

Tarinis.6054

Plain and simple. I have an 80 ele and a ranger, and neither have the damage output, escape(ele comes close) or outright dominance in spvp and wvw

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

thiefs are designed to be mage/ ranged user killers. thats their roll in most games. make a warrior or guardian and its a very differnt game against thiefs.

thiefs are the most fragile class and have to actually get to you to do damage. if a ranger or ele did the same damage from a distance how would that be fair?

(edited by Pirhana.8935)

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

Hmm, in 5v5 tourny spvp a properly built ele can walk all over a thief.. while being a useful roamer.

In wvw though, I understand where you are coming from.. Ele’s seem relegated to staff mode field spamming and support, thats just from my experience though.. if there are ele’s out there mixing it up in close combat and getting results then speak up

Posted by: exphryl.3857

exphryl.3857

Can’t tell if thread is about Thief being an overpowered Profession, or if OP is just a bad player.

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

i think it might be one of those… well they always beat me 1v1 so they must be Opd

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Can’t tell if thread is about Thief being an overpowered Profession, or if OP is just a bad player.

Most likely the latter.

That’s okay though, I’ll buy more gems to make up for his lack of spending.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: Manifoldgodhead.2356

Manifoldgodhead.2356

thiefs are designed to be mage/ ranged user killers. thats their roll in most games. make a warrior or guardian and its a very differnt game against thiefs.

thiefs are the most fragile class and have to actually get to you to do damage. if a ranger or ele did the same damage from a distance how would that be fair?

Yep, my thief gets rolled hard by warriors and guardians. I just have to breath and tell myself my job is to find that necro in the back and beat him up. Lol, poor necros.

Posted by: Failsociety.4569

Failsociety.4569

On my Necro it is usually pretty close 1v1, but I have tons of toughness and high HP + good damage/enfeebles.

FFXI: 75 Blm Rdm Blu Thf Smn Nin Bst (Retired since Abyssea) FFXIV: 50 War Blm Whm Brd Pld
Loathe WoW and the Community it brings.

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Sounds like you are playing a different game, there is no holy trinity in gw2.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: Lasarith.6193

Lasarith.6193

Their was Eather a Elemental or mesmer in Spvp that could kill my Theif faster then it took to write this, also ranger are a pain to get to, -

but once im up Close Yup thier Dead in seconds .

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

If you want to kill thieves play a mesmer or guardian.

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

Am I the only one that came in here thinking that somehow this persons gems were being stolen?

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

This topic is not productive so far, and the title is inflammatory. Tarinis.6054: if you wish to provide constructive, detailed, actionable feedback about the thief, then you are welcome to do so in the appropriate sub-forum (that would be the Thief sub-forum). Thank you.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra