Untradable weapon skins

Untradable weapon skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

This is over the top and just plain stupid. Are you SO desperate for key sales, Anet? I guess so.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

This is plain ridicilous. I thought Anet learned from the first BLTC sets which started untradeable but got changed later.
Now we need to gamble real money to do achievements (pay to win!). I demand this to be changed right now.

I refuse to spend any money on gambling, even though I could afford it. And yes even if I trade gold for gems I gamble real money since someone else basically bought the gems for me in that case.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Grymlocke.1067

Grymlocke.1067

….. sigh

worthless patch
no fused weapon skins
no major changes for classes or minor ones
no fixes for reaper bug,

nice going a-net worthless………………………….

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Aretak.3826

Aretak.3826

People don’t buy BL keys because they’re worthless (thanks to certain people on reddit gathering data as soon as the chest contents are tweaked). This makes the only way of getting these skins awful RNG.

A disgustingly cynical decision clearly made with only the economy in mind.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

So we are back to square one. Way to go, Arenanet.

Still not buying keys.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Why? Just…. Why?

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Now only thing that left is removing gold to gems conversion. Gotta pay dem money.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I guess Anet really, really wants to be like all the other MMOs…

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Why
the
kitten

This is an absolutely horrible decision.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: VaegaVic.6394

VaegaVic.6394

Although this ultimately doesn’t effect me what so ever, I can see the frustration this must cause from other players.

A horrible decision, honestly.
If you’re that desperate for Key Sales Anet, put something worthwhile in there!

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: polarbear.2497

polarbear.2497

I agree this is a really bad decision. I am worried that they will make this the new norm for BL weapon skins. If so, it would be an even worse decision.

I’m not sure if they think this will cause people to buy more gems, but, in my case, it will have the opposite effect. In the past, when new weapons came out, I went and bought a lot of keys so I could buy the new weapons, which I keep for future re-sale mostly. Now, I am not going to buy any for this current set, as I cannot sell them, and I don’t really want them for myself – if I did get any for myself, it might be max 1, where in the past I usually got 5 to 10 of them.

(edited by polarbear.2497)

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

I would love to hear from Anet if this is the way forward. For me personally taking decisions that are player unfriendly will make me less likely to spend money. I hate being manipulated.

Produce items we want to spend on, instead of trying to force our hand.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

… -shakes head-

Untradable weapon skins

Malediktus.9250

Can now confirm that the new set also gives AP like the tradeable sets. Outrageous.

Attachments:

Untradable weapon skins

DragonflyDusk.6582

I would love to hear from Anet if this is the way forward. For me personally taking decisions that are player unfriendly will make me less likely to spend money. I hate being manipulated.

Being that my chaos gloves are STILL glitched and won’t dye (sent in ticket, support said they were working on it…. that’s been almost a month now), there’s no way I’m spending money on keys for a plethora of random junk hoping to get one nice thing.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Being that my chaos gloves are STILL glitched and won’t dye (sent in ticket, support said they were working on it…. that’s been almost a month now), there’s no way I’m spending money on keys for a plethora of random junk hoping to get one nice thing.

The chaos glove dye problem isn’t happening to everyone, for the record. Mine have always dyed fine.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

My bf and I trade black lion tickets.. as in.. if I like a few from a set, we use all of our tickets and then we get the rest of the skins from the TP. This completes the achievement, and returns 7 tickets to me. Then when he likes a set, we do the same for him. I also have an alt account, so when it has a ticket, I’ll buy a weapon skin to mail to my main account.

This is a blatant ploy to get more key sales. I spend quite a bit on the gem store, and keys, already. All I can say is I won’t increase my spending habits to complete account bound black lion skins collections.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

this is just ridiculous….WHY?! Are they this desperate for sales revenue?! Is there some change in the future they are going to do to make these skins more accessible? This warrants an explanation.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

This thread will explode, you might want to explain your reasoning on that change, instead of waiting it out or letting players do the explanations.
I can See two reasons for this both seem worrying:
- you want to bloat gold to gem conversion rate, which would supposedly result in an increase in RL money gem purchases)
-you want to decrease the gold to gem conversion rate by encourageing players to do….. What exactly? The reason people bought the Skins from the TP is that the BL chest contain loads of unwanted crap (i am looking at you speed boosts, tomes and dyes) and are there for terrible cash burner.

Either way this does look rather unfortunate and i hope that we get a statement for this. But then again you do not care for my or my friends money as you still die not reenable the SEPA method of payment.

Go figure i guess.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Gabe.3976

Gabe.3976

I remember when the first Dragon Bash happened, and all the weapons came out. My partner got four tickets. I didn’t even get one. He didn’t care about those skins, but couldn’t give me the tickets or skins so I could have one. The entire thing was awful enough that I nearly rage-quit the game. The same thing happened with the Sclerite weapons. He got a ticket, and I didn’t. He didn’t care about the skin, and I did. Nothing he could do.

I thought you’d learned from that. You made the skins tradeable, which meant that if I really wanted a skin, I could buy gems, trade to gold, and then get the skin I wanted without the constant disappointment of getting booster after booster after merchant after revive orb. And even then, I sometimes did buy the chests, ’cause it was a fun gamble.

Making them—and the RNG contained within—the only way to obtain something is a really good way of killing the fun. It feels like an utter money grab, and it makes the game feel cheap. I don’t want my GW2 to feel cheap; I want it to feel fair and fun.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

Can now confirm that the new set also gives AP like the tradeable sets. Outrageous.

wow so many achieves! Have you considered doing an account tour? Idk why, but I personally like to see super accounts

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Forcing people to buy gems to get BLT weapons now?

I’d rather blindly buy games during the Steam Summer Sale I’ll never play than gamble for gem store trash…

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

Stupid, greedy change by Anet.

I suspect this thread will be another 200+ posts of negative posts, that Anet will claim to look at, but not actually change anything based on the feed back.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Eidolonemesis.5640

Eidolonemesis.5640

It is bad enough the BL Weapons skins lately (other than the ‘decent’ Dominator Weapons) have generally been drab and boring, much less Account Bound now.

Furthermore, if Account Bound BL Weapon skins are here to stay, Anet (we hope not), you are going to have to design them a lot better than the lackluster designs you have been rolling out if you want players to buy your Gems with $money$ (and that is putting it very nicely).

However, even then, I do not believe Account Bound BL Weapon skins are going to generate you more Gem sales, just like it didn’t before, so you might want to consider reversing your business strategy, or whatever it is you are trying to accomplish here, and by the looks of it, you have accomplished nothing more than making players livid at this time by gating your poorly designed BL Skins behind Gems.

Are you that bored, Anet, where you have to implement an update you know very well is going start a firestorm? Of course!

How about getting unbored and leaving what is not broken alone, Anet, and work on something like, oh, I don’t know… opening World Map areas like the Ring of Fire and the Crystal Desert?! [gasp] to give players something to really rave about for once. Really!

Thank you.

(edited by Eidolonemesis.5640)

Untradable weapon skins

DragonflyDusk.6582

I remember when the first Dragon Bash happened, and all the weapons came out. My partner got four tickets. I didn’t even get one. He didn’t care about those skins, but couldn’t give me the tickets or skins so I could have one. The entire thing was awful enough that I nearly rage-quit the game. The same thing happened with the Sclerite weapons. He got a ticket, and I didn’t. He didn’t care about the skin, and I did. Nothing he could do.

I thought you’d learned from that. You made the skins tradeable, which meant that if I really wanted a skin, I could buy gems, trade to gold, and then get the skin I wanted without the constant disappointment of getting booster after booster after merchant after revive orb. And even then, I sometimes did buy the chests, ’cause it was a fun gamble.

Making them—and the RNG contained within—the only way to obtain something is a really good way of killing the fun. It feels like an utter money grab, and it makes the game feel cheap. I don’t want my GW2 to feel cheap; I want it to feel fair and fun.

This was my exact experience with my brother and fused weapon tickets. He got a few, didn’t like any of them, but couldn’t trade them with me. On the other hand, I consistently received junk from the chests. Being able to trade created a decent balance in the system.

What baffles me is that after how much the forums exploded (inside and out of the official ones) after HOT said there would be no extra character slot, that there was someone who actually thought this was a good idea.

For a moment I thought you had actually learned something, what with finding ways to reintroduce rare skins, and then… this.

Attachments:

(edited by DragonflyDusk.6582)

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: unlucky.2689

unlucky.2689

I’m disgusted. What a stupid idea …

Yaemmi Rovel – tempest – PvX player

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Allvaldr.3425

Allvaldr.3425

Horrible decision. Screw em. If this is the way they want to do business I’m done buying gems altogether.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Nika.3946

Nika.3946

I refuse to spend any money on gambling, even though I could afford it. And yes even if I trade gold for gems I gamble real money since someone else basically bought the gems for me in that case.

Yup , I don’t do gambling in gw2 too , enough I am gamer addict

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

This is gonna make the whole set pretty much impossible to complete once a future weapon set is introduced and this one becomes 5 tickets each. Completely screwed if it gets taken off rotation completely like the fused weapons (only a few are still on the market at crazy high gold prices).

Please tell me this is a mistake and will be hotfixed shortly, because this is beyond ridiculous. Nothing more than an obvious scheme to try and boost key sales. I’m completely dumbfounded and disgusted by this move.

Utterly ridiculous…

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Onisuo.8607

Onisuo.8607

Without going into details I know for a fact that long-term this is better for the economy.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

You really find this surprising? Most people did not get upset about the immortal weapons being tied to those package bundles. So this was bound to happen. Once again the lead of the micro-store wins.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Without going into details I know for a fact that long-term this is better for the economy.

Nice bait.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I suppose this will be the next thing. They’ll re-release skins like the fused skins, but they’ll be “special” account bound ones.

Starting to see where Mike intends to take the company.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Sure ya do…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Untradable weapon skins

Malediktus.9250

You really find this surprising? Most people did not get upset about the immortal weapons being tied to those package bundles. So this was bound to happen. Once again the lead of the micro-store wins.

I did not get upset about immortal weapon set because they did not give a collection achievement. This privateer weapon set gives a weapon collection.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: scott.6398

scott.6398

Pre ordered this game before it came out pre ordered HoT and this has to be the worst thing I’ve ever seen! Sad face!

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Valejo.1950

Valejo.1950

And here i went and bought gems last week for the first time in months and immediately regret that deciscion… gj anet

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Ivraie.9478

Ivraie.9478

I really don’t like this. Sometimes I think I like a skin, and since they’re limited time, I buy them and bank them until I’m ready to use them. Then, in a couple months, I realize I didn’t really like it that much, so I sell it. With bound skins, I won’t buy as many, because if I change my mind later I’m stuck. That means I’ll buy less keys overall, because unless I beyond love a skin…I’m not going to bother. Thank God I don’t love any of these!!

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Braghez.7529

Braghez.7529

I defended Anet many times even during the matter regarding the “gem conversion with fixed amounts”, since it was just a small limitation over the fact that we could still exchange gold for gems, but this is simply nuts.

Making skins accessible only behind some RNG boxes is really stupid and completely goes in contrast with what GW2 has been doing up until now with the gemstore.

Whoever thought that they could do something like this and have zero negative feedback should really be fired.

For once I will bring my pitch and fork out too. This need to be undone and it need to be fast. If you want to give more value to them decrease the ticket and scraps drop chance, i don’t care, just leave them free to trade.

I mean, beside buying them for myself, If i wanted to buy a weapon as a gift for my gf…i can’t do that ! Simply stupid.

Untradable weapon skins

DragonflyDusk.6582

I did not get upset about immortal weapon set because they did not give a collection achievement. This privateer weapon set gives a weapon collection.

Also, you didn’t have to GAMBLE for them. If I bought that bundle, I knew for certain I was getting to pick an immortal skin.

Still not ideal, but still better than this.

(edited by DragonflyDusk.6582)

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: TheFourthLegacy.9485

TheFourthLegacy.9485

Wow, this is ridiculous. Is a-net that desperate for money?

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

claps

Gem priced got kittened up, I am stuck at Desolation and now the skins are also untradable. Feels like this game is slowly going to F2P chinese model with all it’s bugs and patches determined to lure more cash out of your pocket with least efforts.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I’ve decided to make it available through Black Lion Claim Tickets only. You won’t find this set on the trading post, folks—finders, keepers.

Yup, this was very intentional. And Anet playing it cute like this only makes the sting that much worse. I’m at a loss here…

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: bane.7538

bane.7538

Normally i’m just a simple forum lurker. But in this case i am going to grab my torch and pitchfork too! I have been saving a few tickets until i thought there would be a skin worthy to be used or expensive enough to be sold. But now it has just turned completely useless to me.. this change is just plain stupid.. please change it back Arenanet

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Anet… or, more specifically, Mike -

You haven’t learned anything from past mistakes, have you?

As somebody else pointed out, this is the Fused/Sclerite weapon skin fiasco all over again.

Headdesk

(edited by oshilator.4681)

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Also, you didn’t have to GAMBLE for them. If I bought that bundle, I knew for certain I was getting to pick an immortal skin.

Cause and effect. You still bought those bundles which had account bound weapons tied to them. People got upset at the bundles (being over priced). Eventually getting them to separate items out. They probably were not getting enough revenue on bundles. So they decided you were okay with account bound tickets/weapons. Which eventually brought us to this fantastic idea. It comes full circle.

Untradable weapon skins

DragonflyDusk.6582

I’ve decided to make it available through Black Lion Claim Tickets only. You won’t find this set on the trading post, folks—finders, keepers.

Yup, this was very intentional. And Anet playing it cute like this only makes the sting that much worse. I’m at a loss here…

So now I’ve gone from never buying keys to not wanting to buy ANYTHING off the gemstore. Good job, arenanet.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: FireCrescent.6512

FireCrescent.6512

Yet another blatant ploy to force people to buy gems and make the game less and less accessible to poor and disabled people. Anet all you are doing is driving a significant portion of your customers away.

As if the sudden doubling of Gold-to-Gem conversion with zero deflation after over year of a very steady and predictable rise and fall around the same rate wasn’t suspicious enough, lol. This is an obvious scam.

Plus all the new content and rewards are Raids Raids Raids, which. Once again. A lot of people do not have the time or physical or mental functionality to join up with a bunch of random people they don’t know to do something intensive and stressful.

Sooo people like me are left behind for a year with nothing to do but twiddle our thumbs and wait for you to release actual things to do that we’re capable of doing that isn’t just grinding for a week to afford the next new gemstore thing that I now can’t afford even if I tried because you gate things under a limited timer that I can not possibly grind up in time for when you let the conversion rate double far beyond what is remotely physically healthy to farm.

Anet even if I had money I wouldn’t give you it because you don’t give two actual kittens about anyone that isn’t neurotypical or able-bodied.

‘10 easy steps to slowly choking your MMO to death’ by the Anet Devs

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Lol. Wow. Just wow.

Seriously ANet, that’s really pathetic.

So now we’re cash-grabbing and with a game with no sense of balance at all. Might as well pick up BDO or another Korean grinder ’cause GW2 just lost its edge.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

forum bug

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors