Untradable weapon skins

Untradable weapon skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Reading this thread, we understand your questions and want to share a little information: This set is designed to be a special, exclusive set and therefore it’s a little different than most. -Sarah

This sounds like a hastily made up “reason” designed only to quell the growing base of angry customers.

Why is it so special? Do please elaborate.

Why is the set special? Why would we think it’s anything but you testing the waters on how much you can screw over customer before there’s backlash?

Many people are upset about this. There is a growing Reddit thread on the issue as well. It reeks of grabby hand’ing to me, too.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

Reading this thread, we understand your questions and want to share a little information: This set is designed to be a special, exclusive set and therefore it’s a little different than most. There are a couple of other interesting factors that you’ll want to know: The set is available for one ticket. It will remain priced at one ticket into the future, so someone who wants it now doesn’t need to be concerned about it becoming unavailable or about it rising in price in the future. Other sets currently available are not account bound, such as the Cavalier Weapon Set which was recently released at a price of 1 Black Lion Claim Ticket and remains at that price now. In addition, we do intend to continue to offer tradeable sets in the future. If you’d like a preview of the new set, go to your bank wardrobe and filter for “Privateer.” We hope this answers your questions, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

-Sarah

Why is the set special? Why would we think it’s anything but you testing the waters on how much you can screw over customer before there’s backlash?

This sounds like a hastily made up “reason” designed only to quell the growing base of angry customers.

Why is it so special? Do please elaborate.

I’d also like to point out that this doesn’t do anything for people like me who have beyond awful luck with the boxes and almost never see scraps as drops, even when they had increased drop-rate. I’ve been playing since the 3-Day Head start, and have never had a full ticket drop, have only had a total of 15 scraps drop, and while everyone else is drowning in the avian minis all I’ve gotten is a whopping one hawk when all I really want is the raven. My RNG is the pits.

It doesn’t matter how long you leave them up for 1 ticket if it takes me all year to get one full ticket, which I’m not even averaging that.

Account-bound weapons were a problem, then it was fixed…. now it’s a problem again. Forgive me if I don’t believe this was intended as a “special case.”

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Ahh – ‘special’ the worlds favourite word to get a free pass for general skulduggery.

While im here why are Gold to Gem and Ecto prices rocketing? is that special too? lol

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It doesnt answer the question of why these are more exclusive or special than any orher set or why it was once changed for being against we wamted and yet is now deemed appropriate.

The obtaining of these skins was not in a great place, but I am not seeing how this instance improves the ongoing problem, especially as they have no reason to be different to any other bl skin. Unless ofc we finally have underwater skins in the selection?

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

It came to me that she means the way of distributing this set is special, rather than that this set in itself is special. It’s a skin after all just like other sets.

It’s special because this is the only set that is non-tradable and will be 1 ticket forever.
Until they decide this is a good method to release other sets.

Unless there’s some other lore reason behind the set.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Reading this thread, we understand your questions and want to share a little information: This set is designed to be a special, exclusive set and therefore it’s a little different than most. There are a couple of other interesting factors that you’ll want to know: The set is available for one ticket. It will remain priced at one ticket into the future, so someone who wants it now doesn’t need to be concerned about it becoming unavailable or about it rising in price in the future. Other sets currently available are not account bound, such as the Cavalier Weapon Set which was recently released at a price of 1 Black Lion Claim Ticket and remains at that price now. In addition, we do intend to continue to offer tradeable sets in the future. If you’d like a preview of the new set, go to your bank wardrobe and filter for “Privateer.” We hope this answers your questions, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

-Sarah

That’s the impression it gives me, too. I’d usually say that a company should already know that making something as simple as an item skin a $33-35 cash/800-900g exchange purchase would not be received well, but Anet seems rather bad at predicting player response.

And if these skins were something special, why is that just now being mentioned after player outcry over them? Is that not something that would be pointed out in patch notes/the BL store banners to entice players to buy them?

I’m also fairly sure that most of the backlash against the BL ticket weapons (both this set, and the system in general) would not exist if skins were occasionally added as in-game rewards. Skins are clearly easy enough to produce, seeing that a new set gets pushed out every few weeks. So why does every one of them have to come attached to cash purchases?

Even a 50$ expansion only granted access to a few new sets of weapons (5 I believe, including reclaimed weapons). There has been several times that amount released as BL ticket sets in the fairly short time since HoT’s launch. Players would probably be a lot more accepting of decisions like this is if just 1/5 of those skins were available in some way other than spending gems.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

-snip-

That sounds sensible to me, and I see the appeal in having a Black Lion ticket-exclusive set. I think it would have been more easily understood if the weapons were called “Black Lion” weapons or “Evon Gnashblade Weapons,” to indicate that they’re meant to be exclusive to the ticket system—Otherwise, they just look like a disconcerting change in practice.

Thank you for the clarification!

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Rathany.9476

Rathany.9476

I really like this set and don’t mind wearing skins that say ‘I spent a lot of money on the tp’. I have no interest in wearing skins that say ‘I gambled a lot’. So, the context kinda kills these for me.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

From a Reddit poster:

https://modelviewculture.com/pieces/the-whales-of-microtransactions-and-the-elephant-in-the-room

Designing a good product takes effort, and even the most experienced tech workers will be tempted to skip time-consuming challenges. Microtransactions have, for some, become the perfect way to avoid having to build a solid experience: they only need to create a good hook, and hide the rest behind a paywall. It doesn’t matter what the end goal is, or if having full access is any different from the free version. It doesn’t matter if paying to progress is the only solution, as long as people keep paying. As long as they get hooked and stay curious and hopeful, it’s good enough.

But it shouldn’t be.

Good article

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Maximus.8376

Maximus.8376

It came to me that she means the way of distributing this set is special, rather than that this set in itself is special. It’s a skin after all just like other sets.

It’s special because this is the only set that is non-tradable and will be 1 ticket forever.
Until they decide this is a good method to release other sets.

Unless there’s some other lore reason behind the set.

This. How can it be so hard for others to understand what she means. People are really twisting stuff to their liking and it’s so sad ;S

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Fridam.4615

Fridam.4615

“This set is designed to be a special, exclusive set and therefore it’s a little different than most. "

it dont look so special that it should not be able to be traded. i Think this is a bad thing to do.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

-Sarah

This is the type of info that needs to get out before it’s released so people know, this is a different thing. If it’s a special set, why do we have to gamble for it? There aren’t enough new earnable armor or weapon sets in the game as it is and now we have to gamble our hard earned real world or hard earned in game currency to maybe get a chance of one or a few of these? The anger and frustration have many layers and rightfully so. This was a terrible decision.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Fridam.4615

Fridam.4615

even legendary can be sold..what makes this weapons more special then legendarys?

:/

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

“Special,” to me, would be a really fine looking set that is somehow tied to the current lore of the game. There is nothing special about this set, aside from the fact that I can buy the scepter and pretend I’m Harry Potter on my necro.

I’m fine with special weapon sets being released with bundles, like the Immortal skins. You took feedback and separated the components out, but to get an Immortal skin you had to buy the bundle. Black Lion tickets are RNG enough, Privateer weapons should have been added as a bundle or separate box in the gem store.

(edited by rhapsody.3615)

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

ANet, this set would feel special to me if it were tradeable AND remain always available at 1 ticket. It would mean that the skins would be reasonably obtainable on the TP and the BLWS simultaneously/consistently… and that would definitely be a special set.

As it stands I do want it… all of it… but I doubt I’ll pursue it. I’d need to approach it from both means as I listed above in order to feel the price is worthwhile for the effort to obtain any more than a couple of the skins.

~EW

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

ANet, this set would feel special to me if it were tradeable AND remain always available at 1 ticket. It would mean that the skins would be reasonably obtainable on the TP and the BLWS simultaneously/consistently… and that would definitely be a special set.

As it stands I do want it… all of it… but I doubt I’ll pursue it. I’d need to approach it from both means as I listed above in order to feel the price is worthwhile for the effort to obtain any more than a couple of the skins.

~EW

It’s not about feeling “special” to the player, it’s about feeling “special” to Anet’s bank account.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

~EW

I think if they want to go the untradable route, the set needs to give something amazing for completing the collection (in addition to never going away and never going up in price). Something better than 7 tickets anyway.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Grymlocke.1067

Grymlocke.1067

-Sarah

when are we getting the Fused weapon skins back ? be nice if there was some measure of normal rotation………

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

-Sarah

My assumption would be because this is called “Privateers” as in “an armed ship owned and crewed by private individuals holding a government commission and authorized for use in war, especially in the capture of merchant shipping”, as in Evon Gnashblade, the owner of the Black Lion Trading Company. So the lore reason would be he wanted to give out weapons only to people who purchased his keys, kind of like a private rewards club.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Bioectomy.9217

Bioectomy.9217

This set is designed to be a special, exclusive set and therefore it’s a little different than most.

Ah, I see the problem. You believe people are angry because they can’t get this weapon set. No no no, we’re angry because we cannot buy, sell, or trade this weapon set and are fearful that future weapon sets will follow this trend if it passes some unseen variable of market viability to warrant locking future weapon appearance behind such a gate.

This is a very rational fear in light of Heart of Throns having so few armor and weapon skins in game and so very many in the Black Lion chests and shop.

I hope that cleared up the miscommunication that apparently existed.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

-Sarah

We already have special, “exclusive” set. The Immortal set. This is uncalled for.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

-Sarah

It doesn’t answer anything, but it DOES manage to miss the point.

“Just a cash grab we were hoping you wouldn’t notice, nothing to see here.”

Classic Anet response.

Headdesk

(edited by oshilator.4681)

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: DAMONWEX.3254

DAMONWEX.3254

-Sarah

Reading this the words i don’t see are “We will not release any account bound bl skins in the future” and “This weapon set will no longer be accountbound” . Also what i don’t see is the reason why this set has to accountbound. So all i see are useless assurances and empty promises to cover the greedy cash grab that this clearly is.
I have no problem paying for things i like but sticking skins behind rng and removing every other method of obtaining them imo is a giant middle finger from Anet to it’s faithfull playerbase. I played and supported this game for over 2 years is because this game is one of the fairest mmorpgs out there. They never tried to nickle and dime their players in the past so i was glad spending money in the gemstore. Sadly since the release of HoT the dev’s priorities seems to have changed the constant gemstore pumping leading to artificial gem price hikes, unfinished and buggy content, adding exclusive content that divided the playerbase into a toxic cesspool and the list keeps going… It seems like Anet no longer cares about the ideals they had when they were first creating gw2.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Byron.1902

Byron.1902

We don’t care about ‘special’ sets. Your decision making is such total kitten its unreal.

Most of the game’s end-game revolves around skin rewards. You’ve just taken a massive dump on one possible progression system.

If this persists (for the love of god see the light and reverse it) do you understand every decision you’re currently making is fueling the anti-anet bubble. Why are you so determined to turn people against you?

If this crap sticks you need to seriously amend Black Lion Chest loot tables. People don’t buy them because they are kittene not because the TP gets in the way. Perhaps have the loot from chest itemized into 3/4 selections that you can actually choose from. Getting a repair canister, tome of knowledge and a dye is a slap in the face.

I didn’t buy keys before and I still won’t be buying keys now. Maybe if you played your own game you’d understand.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: HenryChinaski.4732

HenryChinaski.4732

Just buy 16 tradeable skins, unlock them and get 7 tickets for this skins…
Bought the 16 balthasar skins for 280 gold two or three weeks ago.

Edit: Also one key per week can be made easy with story (less then 30 minutes when fast)

(edited by HenryChinaski.4732)

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

-Sarah

It’s special “just because”.

Seeing some truly bad trends with the direction of this game. Getting close to reevaluating where I spend my time and money in the MMORPG world.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

-Sarah

Can it be I just saw you in Divinities reach on FSP? Yes I am stalking you, I told you that. (its a joke please dont ban me :s)

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

-Sarah

“Why” is pretty much what I want to know too.

While I am not necessarily against having a set here or there that aren’t tradable, there should also be a solid reason as to why they aren’t. People should probably note the bolded part of the original post. If these indeed never go away (never get rotated out), and never go up in price, I can see that as part of a legitimate reason behind not letting them be tradable. Granted, I don’t necessarily feel that accounts for “enough” of a reason, but it’s a start.

My thoughts exactly. There is no indication of anything about this set being special. They aren’t named for the new Raid, they don’t have any significance to the story, they aren’t these legendary looking skins (they are nice though in my opinion). In the end, they don’t look or feel any different than any other BL set released.

Just sounds like a quickly crafted reason given to try to quell the angry cries. Would love for a dev to give a solid reason for the “special” moniker that was just given to this set.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

I imagine this is a direct result of the AB meta multi-map (exploit?). It’s flooding the market with gold (thus the gem ratio went bonk).

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

-Sarah

Oh please .. we are not dumb sarah. The weapon is not special at all, it looks like a rushed job designed for testing the players respons to this kind of sale.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

-Sarah

It’s special “just because”.

Seeing some truly bad trends with the direction of this game. Getting close to reevaluating where I spend my time and money in the MMORPG world.

It’s special because the skins are tied to the Black Lion Trading Company.

Evon Gnashblade is a captain of a ship (he was eligible for the Captain’s Council which requires you to be a ship’s captain) and he was commissioned by the Captain’s Council and the Lionguard to arm to their forces during Scarlet’s assault on Lion’s Arch. That arguably makes him a privateer.

These weapons are only available by purchasing Black Lion Keys, the Black Lion Trading company belongs to Evon. The weapons are special because they are rewards for supporting the Black Lion Trading Company, and their name reflects that (not as well as it could).

Untradable weapon skins

oshilator.4681

-Sarah

Oh please .. we are not dumb sarah. The weapon is not special at all, it looks like a rushed job designed for testing the players respons to this kind of sale.

I find it interesting that we were given no prior indication this would be happening. Kind of like the time they took the custom gem exchange option from us & hoped we wouldn’t notice.

The more things change around here, the more they stay the same.

Headdesk

Untradable weapon skins

Neural.1824

-Sarah

It’s amazing isn’kitten They really do think we’re stupid cattle with bank accounts they can just reach into and raid whenever they please.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

-Sarah

To be honest, a bit more clarification before release (maybe some polls?) would be nice. (and please ask us, if we like the RNG BLC thing in general. I personaly don’t like it)

The BLC gambling thing in general is not liked that much already, mostly due to the fact that several new items get released there, instead via new content (Like things we see enemies wield, but don’t drop).
Right now we get a whole set every two weeks, with a big drough in other content.

The BLC is something that is only tolerated, because there is alittle alternate route, but nothing more.
The system in which we are able to aquire items, without the need to jump through RNG hoops is also only tolerated because it is less painful.

Overall is the idea of the BLC skins so very anti-consumer, that I am really questioning why it endured so long, even though it was said a lot of time, that people would gladly pay money to get direct access (which ironicly the gem to gold conversation allows)

I don’t understand why you gate these things so much and “force” people to play the lottery.
Just to get some extra sales in?

I mean, these skins aren’t even that special. They are flutes strapped to weapons (Still cool and I like them, but not special enough).

The distribution model isn’t special as well. It is something you allready tried before and even with the curtesy of them being available forever (?), they are still gated more strongly then all others before.

Yes, the others are more limited, but you don’t have to jump through several hoops just for a chance to get them.

Why should I care about these flutes if the new skins are actually interesting?

There are just so many things, this new “special concept” isn’t adressing.

Again, what is the point?

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

Chiming in here. I don’t mind you guys selling skins on the gem store- I’d prefer more armor and fewer outfits, but that’s a different matter entirely- but the RNG involved is a step too far. You’re forcing anyone who wants one of these skins to gamble, either with tons of gold or notable amounts of real money. It’s the rare moment most people would be better off playing the -actual- lottery.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

-Sarah

Sadly, this was my initial thought… seems like testing the waters.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

All i have to say – where are my legendary weapons? We seen kittenload of these blc skins already since legendary weps itself was put on “hold”…

I also believe that you are only testing waters with this set for more “special and exclusive” occasions in future.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Untradable weapon skins

oshilator.4681

All i have to say – where are my legendary weapons? We seen kittenload of these blc skins already since legendary weps itself was put on “hold”…

I also believe that you are only testing waters with this set for more “special and exclusive” occasions in future.

“Nothings off the table.”

Headdesk

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

-Sarah

It’s supposed to be a special and exclusive set? Hilarious. The set is VERY lackluster, just like the last five weapon sets that were released. I bet there’s an ulterior motive behind releasing a new set like this. The most obvious would be to get people to buy gems for keys.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Good luck selling me anything after this move. Gems? another expansion? anything? yea no that’s done and over. Greedy practices like this under the guise of “Oh they’re special” is just plain and moronic and sleazy design. I suggest you rethink your practices if you don’t want this already dying game to die faster.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

Untradable weapon skins

DragonflyDusk.6582

1) Pretty sure the problem with the Legendaries wasn’t designing them, it was setting up the collections.

2) You are spot on here.

Untradable weapon skins

Neural.1824

Chiming in here. I don’t mind you guys selling skins on the gem store- I’d prefer more armor and fewer outfits, but that’s a different matter entirely- but the RNG involved is a step too far. You’re forcing anyone who wants one of these skins to gamble, either with tons of gold or notable amounts of real money. It’s the rare moment most people would be better off playing the -actual- lottery.

The blatant use of gambling by game companies as a means of getting income has gotten to the point where perhaps it is time for governments to step in and regulate it, just like they have done with online Casinos.
Heck, with real casinos, at least you have a chance of getting real cash back. With game companies, the house keeps 100%

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

First off, I agree with most here that it feels like a cash grab.

I honestly do feel that this is ANet testing the waters. Result: The water is toxic. Poor move on Anet’s part I believe.

The only good reason I can see them doing this (and it is a huge stretch) is that many people also gripe about not having any exclusive items. By making them account bound there would be a lot less people with them. Again, I know that is a stretch for some type of justification.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

Ahh – ‘special’ the worlds favourite word to get a free pass for general skulduggery.

While im here why are Gold to Gem and Ecto prices rocketing? is that special too? lol

I do understand what you mean but it’s not skullduggery, even if it is a tactic to get people buying keys. If it were skullduggery every single Pound and/or Dollar store out there would be skullduggering all over the place.

You as a customer know what you need to do to get a ticket scrap/ticket, and it’s your choice to do that, Anet aren’t conning us into buying keys.

I personally think people should calm down after what has been said about this set, and watch this space.

If this is how they want to play it out, we should all just not buy gem store items in protest, but people won’t do that. Let’s just see. It might just be a one off (whatever the reason) and they said this set is to remain one ticket far into the future, so even the sad odds of receiving a ticket you’ll have chance to get a weapon skin if you want one. I’m not even all that impressed with these skins to be honest; even the past 2 sets I’ve been a little saddened by.

What I want is for that patch where supposedly BL Key drop rate had increased to be revisited, because what? And to plead with Anet to improve the stuff given in the chests because right now, they’re not worth buying keys for anyway; and even more so if skins would become account bound!

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

yep yep.. we done with the outfit milking and now we up the level on rng chest ticket weapons. Yay for a-net… seriosly why do i even still play this game

Untradable weapon skins

DragonflyDusk.6582

I do understand what you mean but it’s not skullduggery, even if it is a tactic to get people buying keys. If it were skullduggery every single Pound and/or Dollar store out there would be skullduggering all over the place.

You as a customer know what you need to do to get a ticket scrap/ticket, and it’s your choice to do that, Anet aren’t conning us into buying keys.

I personally think people should calm down after what has been said about this set, and watch this space.

If this is how they want to play it out, we should all just not buy gem store items in protest, but people won’t do that. Let’s just see. It might just be a one off (whatever the reason) and they said this set is to remain one ticket far into the future, so even the sad odds of receiving a ticket you’ll have chance to get a weapon skin if you want one. I’m not even all that impressed with these skins to be honest; even the past 2 sets I’ve been a little saddened by.

What I want is for that patch where supposedly BL Key drop rate had increased to be revisited, because what? And to plead with Anet to improve the stuff given in the chests because right now, they’re not worth buying keys for anyway; and even more so if skins would become account bound!

From my experience, “Let’s just see” always ends very badly. I’m not going to wait and see where this goes, because we were here long ago with fused weapon skins. We’ve already been down this road. If you don’t stand against the precedent now, I don’t doubt for a second this will not be a one-off scenario.

As I’ve noted in a previous post in this thread, if these remain untradeable then I can go ahead and consider them out of reach, because in 3 years of playing I have only received enough scraps for a single ticket.

It’s not even about wanting this exact set, it’s about nipping this is the bud before they all end up this way.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I really like the skins, and have a lot of tickets with which to get em, but I still don’t agree with the choices made with making these bound.

As far as being special, there’s no lore behind them (yet), and if they really were special, they would’ve been obtainable via gameplay, maybe associated with the little tidbits of Living World we’ve been getting.

I don’t usually think things like this are worth commenting on, but in this case, I mostly hope our opinions matter enough to prevent trends in the future.

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: unlucky.2689

unlucky.2689

How about the Fused weapons?

Yaemmi Rovel – tempest – PvX player

Untradable weapon skins

oshilator.4681

I really like the skins, and have a lot of tickets with which to get em, but I still don’t agree with the choices made with making these bound.

As far as being special, there’s no lore behind them (yet), and if they really were special, they would’ve been obtainable via gameplay, maybe associated with the little tidbits of Living World we’ve been getting.

I don’t usually think things like this are worth commenting on, but in this case, I mostly hope our opinions matter enough to prevent trends in the future.

Anet likes to repeat the same mistakes over & over.

It’s become their MO.

Headdesk

Untradable weapon skins

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Pretty sure its Anet’s way of saying you need to purchase gems to obtain future skins. Can you really blame them though. They are trying to make the game survive off the gem store. They have over 200 employees and a vast amount of servers so I don’t blame them for making this kind of choice.

I would of strongly prefered a monthly fee and removing free to play but can’t do much about that now. Games become free to play usually always follows the downfall of the game.

Bad Elementalist