Upcoming Dye- Shadow Abyss

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Shadow Abyss, coming soon for 9000000g.

Other colors, Shadow Red, Blue, Violet, Magenta, and Turquoise.

Attachments:

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

hard to tell in the screenie.. how is it any different from typical Abyss dye?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

All the edginess!

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Look at the cloth parts of the armor. Its way darker. It’s like Midnight Fire on cloth. So imagine that without the weird color interaction based on armor material.

Zelendel

Posted by: moonlightseal.6927

moonlightseal.6927

Blacker than the Blackest Black Times Infinity!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgMf2Go-qCE

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I’m still holding out for Midnight Abyss myself. :U

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Bad point is that the old “Abyss” color has been lighten in this patch.

So “Abyss” is now just another “deep gray” and “Shadow Abyss” is exactly like the previous Abyss color was previously.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

So “Abyss” is now just another “deep gray” and “Shadow Abyss” is exactly like the previous Abyss color was previously.

That sounds like a really cheap way to make cash with dye packs if true.

Posted by: Nonny.5170

Nonny.5170

Sooo… any idea where you get these?

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Sooo… any idea where you get these?

Black Lion Chest most likely (not for sale yet as far as I’m aware.)

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

RIP black…. this is getting lame…

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

Shut up and take my money! XD

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Posted by: GenoGar.5497

GenoGar.5497

Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have a gear treadmill. It has a black dye treadmill. Every new patch, the old black isn’t as black and the newest black is even blacker.

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

My Abyss Dye looks exactly the same as it always has.. I haven’t noticed a “Lightening” of my color at all and I use Abyss on most of my characters.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

They will come , but haven’t been released yet…

But people have spammed the orders already casually overbidding people with 10 or even 40 gold the idiocy is eneourmous. Why not overbid by 1 copper and keep prices at a normal level, cause you made intoductory prices about 1500-2000 gold from start now instead of 40-70 If people are willing to buy a dye so bad they want to just order fro 150+ gold… GG

You created the hype of the most expensive duye ver, waiting for the dye to go 1500+ gold…

Comeone people just buy the BL dye pack and pay for your legendary with 3 or 4 lucky drops..

For previous of the 10 new black shades search in BLTP for shadow and dye and removed the “only show available” selection criterium. Let the bidding begin.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

So..it is already known in the TP but not yet available?

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Wait a minute….for real?

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

Wait a minute….for real?

Protip: don’t believe everything you read on a forum.

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Arikyali.5804

Wait a minute….for real?

Protip: don’t believe everything you read on a forum.

Hey now, I was skeptical. I don’t think Anet would do something like that.

I’m just going to have less of a reason to be happy for buying Abyss dye when it was only 10g… -sigh-

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

In case you want the actual color values, look here:

http://colors.gw2tools.de/

Interesting to see that for light armor, midnight fire is already at (0,0,0), so it cannot get darker than that. For medium and heavy armor, there existed no such color before, but the new shadow colors provide that.

Abyss was never the darkest black for all armor types, by the way. Midnight Ice and Midnight Fire was. Look up the values in the color table.

Arikyali.5804

Interesting to see that for light armor, midnight fire is already at (0,0,0), so it cannot get darker than that. For medium and heavy armor, there existed no such color before, but the new shadow colors provide that.

Abyss was never the darkest black for all armor types, by the way. Midnight Ice and Midnight Fire was. Look up the values in the color table.

Sweet, useful link.

It’s also safe to note that the shadow dyes would likely ignore patterns on equipment. So that might make Abyss still better in some sense?

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I wonder why people are so obsessed with the boring black (and white) colours… My characters are super colourful and I change my colours often.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Black and White are generally the most wanted colors. And there is 400 dyes to choose from if you wanrt a colorful armor but there is 1 whitest and 1 blackest

(well light armor will retain the blackest (being Midnight Ice) as the new dye is not the blackest on light armor anyways.,)

It will matter ever so slightly on heavy armors, mostly in the highlights. but if you’re willing to shed out 151+ gold you could get one.

IF you want to buy any shade of black htese ones are definately more dark then the more common midnight range. And for some part way cheaper. (as it stands now)

Having one will NOT make you’ll not stand out in a crowd

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Ok, i can confirm that i was wrong.
Have been misleaded by the fact that on some maps my character is less dark than on other ones.
I’ve took an old Arah screenshot and i made the same screenshot today at the same place.
Indeed, there is no differences at all.
So yes, i was wrong, sorry for the confusion.

Proofs : http://imgur.com/a/DGNLh (abyss dye everywhere + polyrefractor black, first pic is the old one, second pic is from today)

Arikyali.5804

Black and White are generally the most wanted colors. And there is 400 dyes to choose from if you wanrt a colorful armor but there is 1 whitest and 1 blackest

(well light armor will retain the blackest (being Midnight Ice) as the new dye is not the blackest on light armor anyways.,)

It will matter ever so slightly on heavy armors, mostly in the highlights. but if you’re willing to shed out 151+ gold you could get one.

IF you want to buy any shade of black htese ones are definately more dark then the more common midnight range. And for some part way cheaper. (as it stands now)

Having one will NOT make you’ll not stand out in a crowd

But my pants!! I just can’t get them dyed properly!! I’ve tried everything!! But the colors look so off! So plain, so…bleh!!

I want the shadow dyes to change that!

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

There are 16581375 possible color combinations with 256,256,256 RGB, looks like Anet can cash in a lot

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

There are 16581375 possible color combinations with 256,256,256 RGB, looks like Anet can cash in a lot

hmm? RGB 24bit = 16777216 (0-255=256 per R, G and B -> 256^3)

a loooot of money

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

That sounds like a really cheap way to make cash with dye packs if true.

Does this surprise you?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Black and White are generally the most wanted colors.

You can’t do this: http://imgur.com/3l0izj5.png or this: http://imgur.com/n8PiMZ1.png in Black and White. Black always reminds of Sopranos ending.

For the Click averse..

Attachments:

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

(edited by velmeister.4187)

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

well this means Shadow Abyss is a must buy for all your 0,0,0 needs -_-.

Arikyali.5804

well this means Shadow Abyss is a must buy for all your 0,0,0 needs -_-.

Shadow Abyss is overrated. I got the Shadow blue and Shadow magenta. Those slight color tints are sweeeeet!

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

Yep. Bought my shadow green and shadow violet on the TP, and I like them. I’m not buying the Shadow Abyss, since using it makes it hard to see the armor’s details and textures. :T

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Shadow Abyss – the black that the shadow of another black casts.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: AfterXII.2761

AfterXII.2761

Well at least it’s gone down in price a little bit lol http://www.gw2shinies.com/item/69231

http://gw2shinies.com/ – A Guild Wars 2 Trading Post Service
http://gw2tno.com/ – The Nameless Ones [TNO]

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Shadow Abyss: The Newer, More Expensive Midnight Ice/Fire/etc. etc.

Call me when they release a black that is just black that obscures all textures.

“Jet Black”. “Darkest Darkness”.

“Shadow Abyss”. lolz.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Not true, at all.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

These are all so close to each other… can you even tell the difference between them outside of the super brightened preview screen?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Shadow Abyss: The Newer, More Expensive Midnight Ice/Fire/etc. etc.

Call me when they release a black that is just black that obscures all textures.

“Jet Black”. “Darkest Darkness”.

“Shadow Abyss”. lolz.

Mmm, I miss my pure black cape from Ultima Online.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Kal Spiro.9745

These are all so close to each other… can you even tell the difference between them outside of the super brightened preview screen?

The leather armor I wear on my main doesn’t take colors normally. It’s a lighter fabric for some reason. Black shows up as a dark purple. Midnight Fire is a dark red. Even Abyss is only a dark grey. I’m using Charcoal because it’s the closest thing to black that isn’t tinted to an actual hue that I could afford. Shadow Abyss is the first color that is legitimately black for the whole thing.

I have a similar situation on my Norn. Her chest and pants are from two different sets and they react to color differently, such that I’m stuck with her main color being grey because I have to use two different shades to gain the same color throughout. Shadow Abyss removes that problem by being the same shade of black regardless of where it is and what it’s on.

Unfortunately, though, I can’t afford one, so it really doesn’t matter for me.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It depends on the material you’re dyeing. Some armors will lighten any dye applied. So yes, the hints of tints will show up on some things (e.g. female Winged pants, light armor). I am pretty sure that anyone looking at you running around will just see black, though, no matter which of these dyes you use.

Interestingly, the Shadow Green and Shadow Blue show up better than any of the orange or red hues. Again on the Winged pants, the waist gems actually get a green/blue glint to them with Shadow Green/Blue, but just look black with any of the others.

They do make good trim and detail hues, but for larger areas of armor I suggest using them only when you want to look like you have black clothes on.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Not true, at all.

Yes, not true at all. Abyss and black dyes were always lighter than Midnight Ice on most materials (its why I never bought them and went with the far cheaper option at the time of a few gold- before they removed dye drops from the game).

The only reason people are saying they lightened abyss dye is because they finally have something truly black to compare it to without thinking outside of black, gray, white colors.

Here is my armor in only Midnight Ice (1st) compared to Abyss (2nd) and Shadow Abyss (3rd)

Attachments:

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

Posted by: perfektspace.1024

perfektspace.1024

So black is the new black? OK.

Kal Spiro.9745

So black is the new black? OK.

Black was never the black, because black is dark purple.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The leather armor I wear on my main doesn’t take colors normally. It’s a lighter fabric for some reason. Black shows up as a dark purple. Midnight Fire is a dark red. Even Abyss is only a dark grey. I’m using Charcoal because it’s the closest thing to black that isn’t tinted to an actual hue that I could afford. Shadow Abyss is the first color that is legitimately black for the whole thing.

I have a similar situation on my Norn. Her chest and pants are from two different sets and they react to color differently, such that I’m stuck with her main color being grey because I have to use two different shades to gain the same color throughout. Shadow Abyss removes that problem by being the same shade of black regardless of where it is and what it’s on.

interesting… I wonder if they help the nightmare of colors that is luminescence armor…
That armor hates dyes…

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Dat highlighting!
I’ts like getting two colors per channel. Very impressed with these dyes. (Though, why are there two very similar purple shades, and only one ever other?)

Attachments:

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

interesting… I wonder if they help the nightmare of colors that is luminescence armor…
That armor hates dyes…

Somewhat. At least as far as getting the two distinctive channels to actually look different. This is violet shadow and celestial.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Coming soon. Void Abyss. Blacker than the blackest black that ever blacked before!

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

with rbg -1,-1,-1?

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).