Upcoming Releases / Events??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Novamatrix.2569

Novamatrix.2569

I am curious as to if anyone knows if Anet will release some previous content soon. Mainly, festival of the four winds. The last time it was released was May 20th of last year, so it might come back sometime over the next few weeks or so?

I know they do not plan on releasing any major new content because of the HoT xpac coming up, but it would be so boring and uneventful to wait x amount of time for it, especially since they have not announced a release date for it. It could be 2 months or 7 months, so why would they have no events running inbetween this time?? The last one was the Lunar dragon event, which was kind of disappointing.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this, and what are some other events that occurred around this time?
Personally I think it will come back before the month is over, simply to give us something to do. Though, if it comes back, there would not be much new content for it, apart from a few skins or minies. Though quartz crystals have almost reached 2 silver and an event would give us a way to farm them and lower the prices a bit.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I think you can kiss the Festival of Winds goodbye for the foreseeable future. The Zephyrites are scattered and broken— all over Dry Top. At least two of their leaders are missing/dead. I doubt there will be a Festival before they can regroup and rebuild.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I was always against expansions under the stipulation that it would put a stop to regular content updates. There are already many burn through content and drop it until the next expac games. I thought this game was going to be different in that reguard and hope it picks back up soon. This kills communties and leaves players feeling like there is nothing to do but the same thing they already been doing for weeks. I had to focus my recruitment on players just comming into the game because all the veterans I have stopped logging in months ago when the living story dried up.

I dont care if its recycled festivals or what. We need something, anything to do. Since alot of us are being locked out by borked RNG for the next beta. Whats there to look foward to with HoT release date not even being announced? Nothing. This game has nothing going for it for the forseeable future.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

You’ve seen the last of the Festival of the Four Winds, at least for a year or more, though most likely, it’s history, gone, finished. As for those getting burned out, I’ll say it again if I’ve said it a million times already, the game is as fun as you make it, even with doing the same content repeatedly. Personally, I’m still enjoying SW, and the more I play it, the better I get at it, which is going to be bonus come HoT time, because I’m expecting HoT to be very much like SW, only even less forgiving, even less time to revive downed/dead players, more chaotic…just a lot more fun.

Posted by: Novamatrix.2569

Novamatrix.2569

And what about things like Dragon bash, Halloween, wintersday?? If they do not release HoT by (first will be dragon bash, which should be in august,) What will become of it?? Will they simply skip over all these traditional holiday events to continue working on the HoT xpac? I dont really see them skipping over these…
And wtf was with the Lunar dragon event a few months ago?? What was the point of it?? Why release that one if they had nothing else planned for the future? Sure, they dial it back a bit, no more new content every 2 weeks, but say every 2 – 3 months instead they bring back something from the past with minor tweaks to occupy our time. This seems more logical.

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

I am also missing events. They could re-release something just to keep us busy until HOT is ready. Could be a festival, a wvw season, anything that gives stuff and achievement points.

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

At this point I’d like them to just do ‘memory’ events from LS S1.

Bring back events and chapters even if they’re not canonically happening at the current time

I need me some knight cores and those things are too freaking expensive now. :-(

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I was hoping there would be an event to rebuild LA since..you know..it’s still broken.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game