Upcoming Stat Changes in the Q3 Balance Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A message from the Skills and Balance Team:

Hi everyone, we have some big news today regarding item changes in an upcoming balance patch. These changes may impact which gear and consumables you want for your build, so let’s dive in and see what’s different!

CONCENTRATION AND EXPERTISE

With the release of Heart of Thorns, we added new stat combos for equipment that included Concentration and Expertise as stat replacements for Condition Duration and Boon Duration. Having both of these systems available on equipment and consumables is redundant, so in the upcoming balance update we will be converting all equipment and consumables that provide a bonus to Boon Duration or Condition Duration to use Concentration or Expertise instead. This allows players more granular control over how much benefit they receive and makes it easier to balance and scale those values across the game. Runes and Sigils are not included in these changes and will remain in their current form.

Consumables

Food buffs that provided Condition Duration and Boon Duration will now provide normalized stat values for Concentration and Expertise similar to other consumables of the appropriate levels. Level 80 food that once provided +20% Condition Duration or Boon Duration will now provide +100 Expertise or Concentration, respectively. This change should lower the power of condition-based builds overall as well as encourage support players to invest more heavily in gear to acquire the boon duration they desire.

We are making this change for a couple of reasons. First of all, condition builds received a significantly higher damage boost from using food than power builds, which made it much harder to balance them across game modes. This change will bring the impact of optimal condi food in line with optimal power food. With the use of food imparting a consistent amount of DPS for all damage-dealing builds, we are able to more easily make changes to the skills and traits themselves, especially base amounts of condition duration. That in turn makes it easier for all players to understand roughly how much benefit they will receive from consuming food.

Secondly, we wanted to clean up a number of inconsistencies with consumables in general, and the upcoming balance patch gave us the perfect window to make these changes. When we made the change to Seaweed Salad, we knew that there were a lot more things that needed attention, but the scope of the changes to consumables was too broad to get out the door at the same time.

Equipment and Upgrades

The Giver’s weapon and armor sets currently are the only stat combos that provide Condition Duration (weapons) and Boon Duration (armor). In the upcoming build, these will be converted to Expertise and Concentration as well! While this will result in a small loss in stats for the weapons, it will greatly increase the benefit of the armor once Concentration is provided in level- and rarity-appropriate values. This change not only completes the standardization of stats on gear, but also will greatly improve the armor stat combo for those looking to play in a support role.

Additionally, Snowflakes and Doubloons have been switched over to use Concentration as well. Doubloons will now grant bonuses in line with other upgrades of their level and rarity, and level 80 Snowflake upgrades will provide the same bonuses as before, now with consistent stat messaging.

CHANGES TO UTILITY CONSUMABLES

We are also taking this opportunity to standardize the way Utility buffs provide bonuses, rework the theming, and ensure that they feel unique and different from Food buffs. All Utility buffs will consistently provide stat conversion from now on. Additionally, Sharpening Stones will always benefit Power-based builds, Tuning Crystals will always benefit Condition-based builds, and Maintenance Oils have been repurposed to benefit Support builds.

As the chart at the bottom of this post reveals, we are making some pretty significant changes, and those changes warrant discussion. When we sat down to talk about consumable balance, we came away with three goals: convert %Boon/Condition Duration into Concentration / Expertise, establish consistency in the damage boost from consumables, and make Utility buffs and Food buffs feel distinctly different. So we reviewed all the different Utility buff models we had tried since the game launched, and decided that the coolest build decisions involved converting stats into other stats. After that, the data showed us that Maintenance Oils were worse than Sharpening Stones for power DPS, so we threw out their concept and repurposed them as the Utility category for support builds.

The damage boost from using the new Utility buffs will be slightly higher for Berserker builds than it was before, and somewhat weaker for Condition builds than it was before. The effects of the baseline buffs also have changed to not convert from defensive stats anymore. That effect is now on the “Magnanimous” prefix, which was introduced in Episode 5 of Living World Season 3. If you’re still interested in that conversion but don’t have the episode or don’t want to do the reward track, the Compact utilities available from Canned Food Crates in WvW will provide a reduced-effect version of the Magnanimous utilities.

Recipes

While we were going through and making changes to the function of the Utility buffs, we also took a hard look at the crafting costs associated with them and made some adjustments to bring down the costs of making Furious, Toxic, and Bountiful utility items. It should be significantly less painful to craft these items going forward, and we are hopeful that the reduced cost of entry leads many more people to experiment with new utilities they may not have considered before.

We’re very excited to release these changes into the wild and look forward to getting them into your hands as soon as possible!

Attachments:

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Finnnnaly a hit to the boonshare + condi meta !!!!

Utility nerfs are questionable tho. Basically everything got hard nerfs.
For full zerk build, with 1960 precision, at best you get +59 power +59 ferocity.
Not sure how its “higher for Berserker builds than it was before”.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

(edited by Vova.2640)

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Condi duration food, from %20 to %6,666666666666667.
Condi duration utility, from %10 to %3 precision → Expertise.

Quite nerf.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

What will be the new effective condition duration on giver’s weapons?

Is there any plan to make ascended giver’s stats available? All my condition builds use exotic giver’s weapons because ascended is unavailable.

Posted by: Umbramare.9156

Umbramare.9156

Anet found a bug where players played other classes than power tempest.

This change will fix that.

Posted by: Ozymandias.8263

Ozymandias.8263

So, uhm… how about making the cost for some of this more specialized gear we now need comparable to the cost of power gear, then? Sigil of Concentration, Runes of Leadership, and now we’ll also need a bunch of Commander armor AND trinkets again, meanwhile power’s still gonna need berserker only?

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Good changes. This should help a lot in making WvW builds a bit less broken. Big hit to durability.

I’m guessing there are no changes to boon/condition specific foods/runes/sigils?

Also, some of these utilities are really bad because you have no baseline condition damage, ferocity, healing power, etc. whereas you do have baseline power, vitality, toughness. Will this be addressed? (Nvm I actually had a bit of a review and it was, I wasn’t paying attention)

What will be the new effective condition duration on giver’s weapons?

Is there any plan to make ascended giver’s stats available? All my condition builds use exotic giver’s weapons because ascended is unavailable.

Tixx’s Armor/Weapons would be great to add this christmas.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

It is just food, doesn’t address the duration given by the gear.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

So raids will be 16% harder… Ty for killing my motivation. Just made 6th viper set, so that when i do raid I would be fully geared nope.

Also with the addition of power precision ferocity AND condi damage gear, ty for combining that with viper. It’s a kill to my gear, as that Grievers gear (of what the name is) is new meta… Ty Anet.

So in conclusion: 100% condi duration (clearly meant to be achieved by lots of classes) is killed… ty so much anet. And you think power has just as good food? Power has some things that are really strong for it (like decreased stun duration) wich is useless for most condi. This change is just a overreaction to the current raid status. (and making raids actually worse).

Raids are balanced around 100% condi duration. Nerfing 16% condi duration (8% damage) means raids will take 8% longer/harder to do. Ty so much… Raid are even more elitist now. And guess what power ele will be risen again. ‘LFG lf 7 ele dps slots’. Bad job anet. Power food generally is better. Condi has only condition damage and condi duration.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

So raids will be 16% harder… Ty for killing my motivation. Just made 6th viper set, so that when i do raid I would be fully geared nope.

Also with the addition of power precision ferocity AND condi damage gear, ty for combining that with viper. It’s a kill to my gear, as that Grievers gear (of what the name is) is new meta… Ty Anet.

So in conclusion: 100% condi duration (clearly meant to be achieved by lots of classes) is killed… ty so much anet. And you think power has just as good food? Power has some things that are really strong for it (like decreased stun duration) wich is useless for most condi. This change is just a overreaction to the current raid status. (and making raids actually worse).

why not just chill for a lil bit and wait for the rest of the balance changes

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Skolops.2604

Skolops.2604

I think that this is good, but it may call for some re-balancing of classes (if they haven’t already taken care of this in the balance update).
Some classes were already able to waaay overcap on Condition duration – e.g., Elementalist – while others couldn’t reach the cap even with the most expensive food and utility and being forced to choose from a more limited selection of runes/sigils. If the class balance isn’t specifically adapted to account for this change, then some classes are going to take a more moderate hit to their condition damage DPS from this change while others will be buried.

Posted by: Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

Wow, I thought they would at least wait until after PoF was released before they swung the nerf hammer. And swing it hard they have. Typical, I’ve just spent the last three months crafting 2 sets of Vipers ascended gear and now they nerf it back to zerkerville. Not Kittening happy to say the least.

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

I understand the motivation and I think that it will be a nice thing in the long term.
Nonetheless, many people bought a lot of runes, sigils and food in advance. Why is it so hard to announce such changes 2 months in advance? So that we can use up our food and decide later which food to buy afterwards. Now, I lost a lot of gold.
Btw what is a furios focusing crystal? Never heard of that.

Posted by: GHOSTs FACIAL.9518

GHOSTs FACIAL.9518

Love it. Condi builds where way too overpowered in WvW and PvP. I hope the changes will set these 2 damage kinds of builds equal!

Posted by: Lost Biscuit.1058

Lost Biscuit.1058

The amount of time and gold I’ve spent to get duration, both boon and condi… I’m upset. The hours grinding DS to get Leadership runes, the amount of gold I’ve now wasted on pearls, maguuma lilies, and the like…. and rip me with my sigils of concentration.

How do you plan on addressing this? Or are we all kitten outta luck?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

The Rare Pizza used to be +40% Condition Duration. First it was cut to 20%. Now you’re taking it down to 6%.

Why bother to have it at all?

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The Rare Pizza used to be +40% Condition Duration. First it was cut to 20%. Now you’re taking it down to 6%.

Why bother to have it at all?

It’s better than 0%

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Lascax.2163

Lascax.2163

OK, let’s see how the Chronos Gearing checklist will be:
- Having Zerker/Commander-Minstrel Gear
- Farm Leadership Runes ( now Mandatory )
- Farm/Buy Sigil of Concentration if running Commander or Minstrel ( now Mandatory )
- Buy Episode 5 to get a Food that consumes Charged Quartz to do daily ( now Mandatory )
- Forget any DPS ambition ( like always but now a little more due to Minstrel being more needed )
- Drop the Doubloons Exotic gear in favor of Ascended ( presumably )
I mean, I am totally fine with not having the burden of having Exotic gear instead of Ascended because it was always ridiculous that the best option is not the actual highest rarity due to an Upgrade slot, but can we at least hope that PoF will get us proper stat combinations?

I have everything I need to re-gear myself having done Raids for a long time, but I think that still new Chronos will have a too harsh way ahead to get into it, and now a semi-mandatory Episode 5 to buy.

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

What about Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup? This is the only viable alternative to Seaweed Salad, but it’s price is ridiculous. I hate using Seaweed Salad because having to constantly “wiggle” your character is really annoying, but there are no other options. The nerf to seaweed salad didn’t remove the annoying character movement it requires despite leaving power builds with no affordable alternative (at least to my knowledge). Removing the need for annoying character movement was supposedly the reason behind the Seaweed Salad nerf, but nothing has changed for players who want affordable food. Please either change how Seaweed Salad works or reduce the price of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

Posted by: SgtOVERKILL.4701

SgtOVERKILL.4701

Raids are balanced around 100% condi duration. Nerfing 16% condi duration (8% damage) means raids will take 8% longer/harder to do. Ty so much… Raid are even more elitist now. And guess what power ele will be risen again. ‘LFG lf 7 ele dps slots’. Bad job anet. Power food generally is better. Condi has only condition damage and condi duration.

Wah. Go get your legendary armor or transmute your current like the rest of us. “Raids will be harder” , you finish every boss with +2mins at least left before enrage anyways. Saying one class is above any other one is just how it goes and always has been in balance changes. The meta shifts. These changes are highly necessary for PvP and WvW, shocking there are other games modes that exist huh?

I have to ask, 6 vipers sets why? I could see 3 at most for different armor types. Seems like a bad play on your part and you’re pushing the blame on anet considering not every class benefits from condi builds.

(edited by SgtOVERKILL.4701)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

But this is what people wanted, raids and all that comes with them. If you push your character to their limits and fine tune everything for maximum performance, then ANY change can “wreck” your build.

Everyone knows changes and balance adjustments are part of an MMO. Sooner or later, everyone gets hit. In normal PvE, players can take the hit and move on, slowly adjusting their gear as they play. But in raids?

This is the reality of being a “good” raider. This is what people asked for.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Aslong as you give us a stat combination that is “Berserker + Concentration” it’s ok. Otherwise you’ll lose pretty much all of the Chronos. This is a touchy topic. There is the lack of a good stat combi for Chronomancers. There are only “Power + Concentration + Badstat + Badstat”.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Falados.7165

Falados.7165

What about Thief we still squishy as hell zerker set isn’t working well please fix this also

Posted by: Myxam.2790

Myxam.2790

Guess I’ll see you guys in Twilight Arbir for some Nightmare Runes

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Well, Chrono’s now out the window and Mirage is dead on arrival.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: Hanakocz.5697

Hanakocz.5697

Or just make whatever build you like and git gut with it and enjoy the game.
Gods, this thinking that you have to have the only 1 build from whole game is the most toxic aspect of this game.

Posted by: EnidLarr.1478

EnidLarr.1478

luckily my viper set was made exotic only and it seems that’s gonna be better to make berserker ascended set than hypes about viper but anyways you can change attributes

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

Can you please at least add a Utility Consumable converter in the game when the patch hits? Royally screwed with the streamlining of the Maintenance Oils being the support consumable since I made a lot of Furious Maintenance Oils for Ferocity and Health and now according to the table, they will be completely different from their initial, intended use…

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Why is condi food being nerfed AGAIN. It was nerfed by 50% when HOT was launched, and now over 60% again. Are you just trying to brick everything in the game so everyone needs to buy the new xpac? The nerf to power food was 50% damage, this is worse than that.

Posted by: Disco Biscuit.1864

Disco Biscuit.1864

So does this mean that all that farming and gold it spend to craft Magnanimous Sharpening Stones for boon duration was a waste of time and money and now they will give me power instead of boon duration?

Makai.3429

Or just make whatever build you like and git gut with it and enjoy the game.
Gods, this thinking that you have to have the only 1 build from whole game is the most toxic aspect of this game.

I’d love for that to be the case, but the meta overlords say otherwise. Good luck getting into a raid or t4 fractal as a Nomad’s Engie.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

why not just chill for a lil bit and wait for the rest of the balance changes

We only need chill for 16% less time, too.

More seriously, it’s hard to know the impact of balance changes until they are actually in the game. And more importantly, the hardest part of raiding is learning mechanics. That’s why the “best” teams can manage with fewer than 10 or with sub-exotic gear. It might make some encounters more challenging for some of us some of the time, but it’s never going to be the difference between success & failure — that is a matter of us learning the fights.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Makai.3429

Why is condi food being nerfed AGAIN. It was nerfed by 50% when HOT was launched, and now over 60% again. Are you just trying to brick everything in the game so everyone needs to buy the new xpac? The nerf to power food was 50% damage, this is worse than that.

Bingo. It’s going to happen before expac 3, too.

Someone lost their OP toy now they’re gonna throw a tantrum :p Grow up, move on, adapt, overcome.

Lost their op toy? If gear itself would get a +5% boost to overcome this no probs. But they didn’t. Power and griever are new meta no matter what cause this change. They have to gives tons of +10/20% condi duration traits to compensate for this (and they wont).

Atm i had a condi thief. Perfectly geared. 30k dps if played to best. Guess what people didn’t even WANT it. So op? c’mon. What makes me angry is i just invested in 6 viper full armor sets. And they are all absolute. Just changing stats with expensive orbs for insignia = 20g per armor set to change. Anet must refund me that. Grinding like hell to have on every profession a viable raid ascneded set, to then have it smashed to pieces by anet. No thanks. Look if at HoT they removed condi duration food (and i expected/hoped it back then! ) ok. I would be 100% ok with it. But they chose to not do so. And balanced the raids (start of HoT) on them. Now it’s over and power is clearly taking over for good. If most condi builds are stranded at 70% condi duration, then they have no place in raids.

And have you noticed how hard a condi engineer is to pull off? With these nerfs, condi engie is out of the meta for 10 years. and power engie? also bad. Thus these changes petrify the raid meta even further. Not a good decision.

Good thing you can easily convert sets now, 20g loss or not. I too have multiple sets of this stuff for raids, I’ll deal. It isn’t hard. Also don’t just think of this in terms of pve – this meta was destroying pvp gameplay especially in wvw where you’d have people stacking this crap in large numbers. With PoF comes new stat sets and specializations, I’d rather they preemptively nerf the potential for also breaking them into OP status prior to us getting them. You might not have felt OP in pve but condi was friggin ridiculous in any other aspect. Split balance is a thing I wish they would do, but they’re inconsistent with it, I expect nothing different now.

And Anet owes you nothing, nowhere does it guarantee that there won’t be any meta changes in future gameplay, this is something EVERYONE has to deal with, you aren’t special, you aren’t owed any refund. I’m someone who does more than just dps in raids, not only will I have to change my condi sets I’ll have to change my mesmer sets as well. You don’t hear me crying.

It still leaves a bad taste. What’s the point of grinding out gear if it’s going to be taken away on a whim? How much of your time and effort will be negated when expac 3 hits? It also goes against the original purpose of the game, being an anti-MMO MMO, but then again, that went away with Fractals.

(edited by Makai.3429)

Posted by: SharkBall.5829

SharkBall.5829

So now that expertise and concentration are stats, you’re going to add them to Celestial gear, right? …. right?

Don’t forget to convert all the condition- and boon-enhancing traits from traitlines to just be concentration and expertise as well please.

Posted by: Skaazi.8264

Skaazi.8264

What is the reasoning for making Magnanimous Sharpening Stones worse than the existing Superior Sharpening Stone?

Will the minus incoming condition duration effect of Sweet Bean Buns see a similar change? If so, will the UI help us see our total incoming condition duration reduction?

In addition to reducing crafting costs, will the currently account bound items be made tradeable on the marketplace so players will have more access to them?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

All makes sense. Do we know when said patch is or that TBC at the moment?

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

If you push your character to their limits and fine tune everything for maximum performance, then ANY change can “wreck” your build.

As if GW2 raids pushed stuff to the limit …

These changes are great and long, long overdue. Condi and boon duration consumables currently are so far beyond their proper budget that it’s not even funny. It’s rare that ANet does something that has so many benefits at once with no relevant trade-offs.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

I wouldn’t be so sure that runes/sigils will not change for those who are already scrambling to find ways that make up the difference. I would also like to point out that as others on this thread have said there are other game modes away from PvE and this is a very welcome change to try and improve them some. You should also keep in mind that adjustments will be made prior to the PoF release to somewhat regulate what shifts in meta the expansion will bring to the table.

EDIT: CORRECTING A MISTAKE MADE BY MISREADING THE OP STATEMENT

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

(edited by trailofsalt.6571)

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Looks like I picked the wrong week to make a stack of veggie pizzas.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I don’t mind that you are nerfing conditions and boon duration. Except that you have built the Elite Spec Scourge to be boon corruption and condition damage. So effectively you have nerfed us before its even out.

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Leadership

Does this mean those too? The announcement doesnt say anything about runes, though it touches on upgrades. Are they getting the nerfstick as well?

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

Someone lost their OP toy now they’re gonna throw a tantrum :p Grow up, move on, adapt, overcome.

Lost their op toy? If gear itself would get a +5% boost to overcome this no probs. But they didn’t. Power and griever are new meta no matter what cause this change. They have to gives tons of +10/20% condi duration traits to compensate for this (and they wont).

Atm i had a condi thief. Perfectly geared. 30k dps if played to best. Guess what people didn’t even WANT it. So op? c’mon. What makes me angry is i just invested in 6 viper full armor sets. And they are all absolute. Just changing stats with expensive orbs for insignia = 20g per armor set to change. Anet must refund me that. Grinding like hell to have on every profession a viable raid ascneded set, to then have it smashed to pieces by anet. No thanks. Look if at HoT they removed condi duration food (and i expected/hoped it back then! ) ok. I would be 100% ok with it. But they chose to not do so. And balanced the raids (start of HoT) on them. Now it’s over and power is clearly taking over for good. If most condi builds are stranded at 70% condi duration, then they have no place in raids.

And have you noticed how hard a condi engineer is to pull off? With these nerfs, condi engie is out of the meta for 10 years. and power engie? also bad. Thus these changes petrify the raid meta even further. Not a good decision.

Good thing you can easily convert sets now, 20g loss or not. I too have multiple sets of this stuff for raids, I’ll deal. It isn’t hard. Also don’t just think of this in terms of pve – this meta was destroying pvp gameplay especially in wvw where you’d have people stacking this crap in large numbers. With PoF comes new stat sets and specializations, I’d rather they preemptively nerf the potential for also breaking them into OP status prior to us getting them. You might not have felt OP in pve but condi was friggin ridiculous in any other aspect. Split balance is a thing I wish they would do, but they’re inconsistent with it, I expect nothing different now.

And Anet owes you nothing, nowhere does it guarantee that there won’t be any meta changes in future gameplay, this is something EVERYONE has to deal with, you aren’t special, you aren’t owed any refund. I’m someone who does more than just dps in raids, not only will I have to change my condi sets I’ll have to change my mesmer sets as well. You don’t hear me crying.

It still leaves a bad taste. What’s the point of grinding out gear if it’s going to be taken away on a whim? How much of your time and effort will be negated when expac 3 hits? It also goes against the original purpose of the game, being an anti-MMO MMO, but then again, that went away with Fractals.

Unless you are 100% new to this game, and I’m talking about in your first 6 months, there is little to no “grind” when stat swapping ascended gear. I feel like people who talk about grind in this game have never played any other MMO. GW2 is most definitely still the least MMO MMO I have every played, by far. That sentence was odd to type. The new fractals are not a necessity, you don’t have to have anything they drop, they aren’t integral to your “gear progression” in any way. Meta changes in every game, if it didn’t change at all in this game it would’ve already died. You have casual players and you have hardcore players, you can’t just pander to casuals, you will effectively destroy your game. Not a lot of people want GW2: Hello Kitty Edition and the people that do, don’t particularly play any part of this game beyond complaining in map chat about how hard it is to get one piece of ascended.

The gear has been changing since the beginning. People went from cheap exos to full ascended sets, a lot of power meta changed and a lot of power meta was effectively killed. Condi was due for an actual balance, people play more than pve – wvw has been a cesspool. I’m just waiting patiently for Reaper to be put back into its power corner, the condi version that exists for it is a friggin abomination and should’ve never seen the light of day.

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

So replacing 2 runes of berserker by 2 runes of trapper and one sigil by sigil of malice with the new food (furious crystals) still caps 100 % condi duration, right?

The loss from runes should translates in -200 condi damage and -5% of power damage contribution. I may be wrong in the math but the “restat” would not be a nightmare.

Posted by: Hot Sauce.2867

Hot Sauce.2867

Will there be changes to the Halloween/Wintersday variants too? What will those ones be like?

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Leadership

Does this mean those too? The announcement doesnt say anything about runes, though it touches on upgrades. Are they getting the nerfstick as well?

Did you read it? They literally say in the first paragraph under concentration and expertise of the announcement that “Runes and Sigils are not included in these changes and will remain in their current form.”

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

Can Concentration and Expertise be added to Celestial, please?

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

Are there plans to address consumables that provide negative condi duration?

Posted by: Phae.1058

Phae.1058

All these nerfs are looong overdue.
In the past 20% condi duration food gave an equivalent of 300 expertise. That was plain and simply broken.

Anet making it harder to 1-click everything to death BabyRage

Geez get over it.

EXACTLY. I have been complaining about the stupid condi for a while now and FINALLY something is being done about it.
And yes…I get it regarding the time and gold spent on making the gear for it, that kitten does suck….but to be upset over no longer being able to just stand there and 1-click condi bomb players to death just tells me that those players don’t really have the skill to play the game the way it should be played. Suck it up and take the time to better yourself so you won’t have to rely on one specific thing to win.

Makai.3429

Unless you are 100% new to this game, and I’m talking about in your first 6 months, there is little to no “grind” when stat swapping ascended gear. I feel like people who talk about grind in this game have never played any other MMO. GW2 is most definitely still the least MMO MMO I have every played, by far. That sentence was odd to type. The new fractals are not a necessity, you don’t have to have anything they drop, they aren’t integral to your “gear progression” in any way. Meta changes in every game, if it didn’t change at all in this game it would’ve already died. You have casual players and you have hardcore players, you can’t just pander to casuals, you will effectively destroy your game. Not a lot of people want GW2: Hello Kitty Edition and the people that do, don’t particularly play any part of this game beyond complaining in map chat about how hard it is to get one piece of ascended.

The gear has been changing since the beginning. People went from cheap exos to full ascended sets, a lot of power meta changed and a lot of power meta was effectively killed. Condi was due for an actual balance, people play more than pve – wvw has been a cesspool. I’m just waiting patiently for Reaper to be put back into its power corner, the condi version that exists for it is a friggin abomination and should’ve never seen the light of day.

I don’t want Hello Kitty edition either, but having my time and effort marginalized out of nowhere feels awful. I regret spending time on Leadership runes, and this will make me hesitant to pursue top end gear in the future.

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

Am I the only one who still doesn’t understand why the stat types were ever changed in the first place? Concentration and expertise are far from intuitive, and ferocity somewhat sits in the same boat. The labels don’t really correlate to their properties.

Critical damage, boon duration, and condition duration make a lot more sense label-wise. I mean, you could better argue that concentration would be a word better fit to add critical damage, and expertise would better fit critical chance.

The way the numbers work in the stats is just fine to me, but the names are goofy.

(edited by SneakyTouchy.6043)