Upcoming Stat Changes in the Q3 Balance Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

Why is condi food being nerfed AGAIN. It was nerfed by 50% when HOT was launched, and now over 60% again. Are you just trying to brick everything in the game so everyone needs to buy the new xpac? The nerf to power food was 50% damage, this is worse than that.

Bingo. It’s going to happen before expac 3, too.

So raids will be 16% harder… Ty for killing my motivation. Just made 6th viper set, so that when i do raid I would be fully geared nope.

Also with the addition of power precision ferocity AND condi damage gear, ty for combining that with viper. It’s a kill to my gear, as that Grievers gear (of what the name is) is new meta… Ty Anet.

So in conclusion: 100% condi duration (clearly meant to be achieved by lots of classes) is killed… ty so much anet. And you think power has just as good food? Power has some things that are really strong for it (like decreased stun duration) wich is useless for most condi. This change is just a overreaction to the current raid status. (and making raids actually worse).

Someone lost their OP toy now they’re gonna throw a tantrum :p Grow up, move on, adapt, overcome.

Lost their op toy? If gear itself would get a +5% boost to overcome this no probs. But they didn’t. Power and griever are new meta no matter what cause this change. They have to gives tons of +10/20% condi duration traits to compensate for this (and they wont).

Atm i had a condi thief. Perfectly geared. 30k dps if played to best. Guess what people didn’t even WANT it. So op? c’mon. What makes me angry is i just invested in 6 viper full armor sets. And they are all absolute. Just changing stats with expensive orbs for insignia = 20g per armor set to change. Anet must refund me that. Grinding like hell to have on every profession a viable raid ascneded set, to then have it smashed to pieces by anet. No thanks. Look if at HoT they removed condi duration food (and i expected/hoped it back then! ) ok. I would be 100% ok with it. But they chose to not do so. And balanced the raids (start of HoT) on them. Now it’s over and power is clearly taking over for good. If most condi builds are stranded at 70% condi duration, then they have no place in raids.

And have you noticed how hard a condi engineer is to pull off? With these nerfs, condi engie is out of the meta for 10 years. and power engie? also bad. Thus these changes petrify the raid meta even further. Not a good decision.

Good thing you can easily convert sets now, 20g loss or not. I too have multiple sets of this stuff for raids, I’ll deal. It isn’t hard. Also don’t just think of this in terms of pve – this meta was destroying pvp gameplay especially in wvw where you’d have people stacking this crap in large numbers. With PoF comes new stat sets and specializations, I’d rather they preemptively nerf the potential for also breaking them into OP status prior to us getting them. You might not have felt OP in pve but condi was friggin ridiculous in any other aspect. Split balance is a thing I wish they would do, but they’re inconsistent with it, I expect nothing different now.

And Anet owes you nothing, nowhere does it guarantee that there won’t be any meta changes in future gameplay, this is something EVERYONE has to deal with, you aren’t special, you aren’t owed any refund. I’m someone who does more than just dps in raids, not only will I have to change my condi sets I’ll have to change my mesmer sets as well. You don’t hear me crying.

It still leaves a bad taste. What’s the point of grinding out gear if it’s going to be taken away on a whim? How much of your time and effort will be negated when expac 3 hits? It also goes against the original purpose of the game, being an anti-MMO MMO, but then again, that went away with Fractals.

Unless you are 100% new to this game, and I’m talking about in your first 6 months, there is little to no “grind” when stat swapping ascended gear. I feel like people who talk about grind in this game have never played any other MMO. GW2 is most definitely still the least MMO MMO I have every played, by far. That sentence was odd to type. The new fractals are not a necessity, you don’t have to have anything they drop, they aren’t integral to your “gear progression” in any way. Meta changes in every game, if it didn’t change at all in this game it would’ve already died. You have casual players and you have hardcore players, you can’t just pander to casuals, you will effectively destroy your game. Not a lot of people want GW2: Hello Kitty Edition and the people that do, don’t particularly play any part of this game beyond complaining in map chat about how hard it is to get one piece of ascended.

The gear has been changing since the beginning. People went from cheap exos to full ascended sets, a lot of power meta changed and a lot of power meta was effectively killed. Condi was due for an actual balance, people play more than pve – wvw has been a cesspool. I’m just waiting patiently for Reaper to be put back into its power corner, the condi version that exists for it is a friggin abomination and should’ve never seen the light of day.

I don’t want Hello Kitty edition either, but having my time and effort marginalized out of nowhere feels awful. I regret spending time on Leadership runes, and this will make me hesitant to pursue top end gear in the future.

Since I play more areas of this game than just raids I’ve had around 6 full leadership rune sets. It’s whatever.

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Why is condi food being nerfed AGAIN. It was nerfed by 50% when HOT was launched, and now over 60% again. Are you just trying to brick everything in the game so everyone needs to buy the new xpac? The nerf to power food was 50% damage, this is worse than that.

Bingo. It’s going to happen before expac 3, too.

So raids will be 16% harder… Ty for killing my motivation. Just made 6th viper set, so that when i do raid I would be fully geared nope.

Also with the addition of power precision ferocity AND condi damage gear, ty for combining that with viper. It’s a kill to my gear, as that Grievers gear (of what the name is) is new meta… Ty Anet.

So in conclusion: 100% condi duration (clearly meant to be achieved by lots of classes) is killed… ty so much anet. And you think power has just as good food? Power has some things that are really strong for it (like decreased stun duration) wich is useless for most condi. This change is just a overreaction to the current raid status. (and making raids actually worse).

Someone lost their OP toy now they’re gonna throw a tantrum :p Grow up, move on, adapt, overcome.

Lost their op toy? If gear itself would get a +5% boost to overcome this no probs. But they didn’t. Power and griever are new meta no matter what cause this change. They have to gives tons of +10/20% condi duration traits to compensate for this (and they wont).

Atm i had a condi thief. Perfectly geared. 30k dps if played to best. Guess what people didn’t even WANT it. So op? c’mon. What makes me angry is i just invested in 6 viper full armor sets. And they are all absolute. Just changing stats with expensive orbs for insignia = 20g per armor set to change. Anet must refund me that. Grinding like hell to have on every profession a viable raid ascneded set, to then have it smashed to pieces by anet. No thanks. Look if at HoT they removed condi duration food (and i expected/hoped it back then! ) ok. I would be 100% ok with it. But they chose to not do so. And balanced the raids (start of HoT) on them. Now it’s over and power is clearly taking over for good. If most condi builds are stranded at 70% condi duration, then they have no place in raids.

And have you noticed how hard a condi engineer is to pull off? With these nerfs, condi engie is out of the meta for 10 years. and power engie? also bad. Thus these changes petrify the raid meta even further. Not a good decision.

Good thing you can easily convert sets now, 20g loss or not. I too have multiple sets of this stuff for raids, I’ll deal. It isn’t hard. Also don’t just think of this in terms of pve – this meta was destroying pvp gameplay especially in wvw where you’d have people stacking this crap in large numbers. With PoF comes new stat sets and specializations, I’d rather they preemptively nerf the potential for also breaking them into OP status prior to us getting them. You might not have felt OP in pve but condi was friggin ridiculous in any other aspect. Split balance is a thing I wish they would do, but they’re inconsistent with it, I expect nothing different now.

And Anet owes you nothing, nowhere does it guarantee that there won’t be any meta changes in future gameplay, this is something EVERYONE has to deal with, you aren’t special, you aren’t owed any refund. I’m someone who does more than just dps in raids, not only will I have to change my condi sets I’ll have to change my mesmer sets as well. You don’t hear me crying.

It still leaves a bad taste. What’s the point of grinding out gear if it’s going to be taken away on a whim? How much of your time and effort will be negated when expac 3 hits? It also goes against the original purpose of the game, being an anti-MMO MMO, but then again, that went away with Fractals.

Unless you are 100% new to this game, and I’m talking about in your first 6 months, there is little to no “grind” when stat swapping ascended gear. I feel like people who talk about grind in this game have never played any other MMO. GW2 is most definitely still the least MMO MMO I have every played, by far. That sentence was odd to type. The new fractals are not a necessity, you don’t have to have anything they drop, they aren’t integral to your “gear progression” in any way. Meta changes in every game, if it didn’t change at all in this game it would’ve already died. You have casual players and you have hardcore players, you can’t just pander to casuals, you will effectively destroy your game. Not a lot of people want GW2: Hello Kitty Edition and the people that do, don’t particularly play any part of this game beyond complaining in map chat about how hard it is to get one piece of ascended.

The gear has been changing since the beginning. People went from cheap exos to full ascended sets, a lot of power meta changed and a lot of power meta was effectively killed. Condi was due for an actual balance, people play more than pve – wvw has been a cesspool. I’m just waiting patiently for Reaper to be put back into its power corner, the condi version that exists for it is a friggin abomination and should’ve never seen the light of day.

I don’t want Hello Kitty edition either, but having my time and effort marginalized out of nowhere feels awful. I regret spending time on Leadership runes, and this will make me hesitant to pursue top end gear in the future.

Since I play more areas of this game than just raids I have around 6 full leadership rune sets. It’s whatever.

It doesn’t effect you so it’s not an issue. Got it.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

This is a good change, and one people should have been expecting. We needed normalization on the way condi and boon duration are handled in the game.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

As a Guardian, I welcome this buff to my class. Every other class depends on condi food or buff food, meanwhile Guardian has been left as power the entire time. So a nerf to everyone else is a buff to me.

“But Firebrand is a condi spec, therefore you got nerfed before it came out.” Well it’s a good thing I can get 100% burn duration without food easily and adjust for food from there. And they said only having 1 damage condition was bad.

“But Firebrand stacks boons, therefore it will be harder to stack before the spec came out.” May I introduce you to the staff trait my friends: +20% boon duration while wielding a staff that doesn’t show up on the stat screen anywhere.

I accept these buffs as a Guardian main.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

how does the new bountiful maintenance oil work?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

I agree with the reasoning with all the changes.
However, with that said,
toxic maintenance oil with 3% power and 6% condi damage to concentration?
Pleeeeaaaase don’t favor condi support over power support with permanent changes.
Why is the condi damage conversion higher than power?, Why is there no Power and Precision to concentration conversion?
Out of the maintenance oils shown, people with condi Vipers are going to get waaaay more concentration than people with power berserkers.
Please change and don’t favor one build type over another.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

(edited by Xstein.2187)

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

It doesn’t effect you so it’s not an issue. Got it.

In your words I have GRINDED far more than you have, I had to edit that last post I’ve HAD 6 full sets, which means I’ve straight up deleted leadership runes through stat changing before and regrinded them. It has consistently effected me. It’s still whatever.

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

Posted by: Daedraz.1650

Daedraz.1650

As a condi engi main, I am obviously not too happy with these changes. There’s just no reward for playing one of the most difficult classes in the entire game juggling a carpal tunnel inducing rotation once these changes take place.

I really hope there is going to be a substantial nerf to ele as well, otherwise we will see a return of the ye olde “power ele or gtfo” meta. And I really don’t want to return to that meta. I went through all the hassle of getting quip for my engi because i love the class, and I fear that I’ll never get to use it again for my raid premades or any lfgs because all the exp groups are only looking for eles. And as much as I would love to say that is an exaggeration, knowing the exp raiding community, I really can’t.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Why is the condi damage conversion higher than power?

The conversion is higher because condi damage starts at 0 while power starts at 1000. If Anet was super ambitious they would have made condi damage, expertise, and concentration all start at 1000.

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

The normalization is great, but the direct nerf to condi dps vs power dps is heavy handed and has the now expect lack of gradient that this game balance patches is infamous for.

It does however have a few bigger drawbacks. Infusions are now much closer to power level in comparison to food, by now being 33% of the effect from food. People have in the past generally ignored infusions as something that mini-maxers do, so either food will have a marginal effect (6% could be said to have that), or we are entering a place where every marginal effect is required to do advanced content.

My question however is, when will we see a nerf to banners and PS? A warriors role in a group is dictated by those two items, and is it not time now to finally get rid of the highest dps increases overall?

Posted by: Myxam.2790

Myxam.2790

Well lets talk about this logically.

A Full set of Viper’s (Armor, Trinkets, and Weapons) Gives you 42.2% Condition Duration. Throw in 4 Runes of Nightmare and 2 Runes of the Trapper and you come out to 67.2% before foods OR Sigils. For a thief, that’s 100% condition duration for Poison. Throw on a Sigil of Malice and we’re at 77%. Furious Crystal gives you around 3% for your gear’s Precision (more if you have access to more via traits or skills). 6% for the Foods, and we’re at ~87% for all of the Conditions, and at well over 100% for our class specific condition.

My main thing, is can we have these economy breaking Patches and Dowels removed from the game?

Posted by: Vindicus.2130

Vindicus.2130

Nobody owes you anything, or is going to refund you anything. Balance changes happen in games. Sometimes something you worked towards building gets toned down, deservedly so in this instance. Pick up and carry on because you’re entitled to nothing.

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

As a condi engi main, I am obviously not too happy with these changes. There’s just no reward for playing one of the most difficult classes in the entire game juggling a carpal tunnel inducing rotation once these changes take place.

I really hope there is going to be a substantial nerf to ele as well, otherwise we will see a return of the ye olde “power ele or gtfo” meta. And I really don’t want to return to that meta. I went through all the hassle of getting quip for my engi because i love the class, and I fear that I’ll never get to use it again for my raid premades or any lfgs because all the exp groups are only looking for eles. And as much as I would love to say that is an exaggeration, knowing the exp raiding community, I really can’t.

So retribution for your displeasure of a condition meta nerf is to nerf another class? Nerfs will hit everyone post PoF release so I wouldn’t worry about the future. That said, why is it you think the meta shouldn’t change? Because you say so? Because it affects your gear? Your food? You should adapt to the change just as plenty of power builds have while watching this very long running condi meta dominate the game.

As for your statement about only wanting a particular build… make your own LFG? Do raids and or fractals with your guild? Players not wanting X build is not a balance problem, it is a player problem.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

Posted by: Vindicus.2130

Vindicus.2130

Lol sad, already pitchfork out for another class because of kitten from a completely unrelated power reduction to yours. The salt intensifies.

Xstein.2187

Why is the condi damage conversion higher than power?

The conversion is higher because condi damage starts at 0 while power starts at 1000. If Anet was super ambitious they would have made condi damage, expertise, and concentration all start at 1000.

Forgot that. My bad, jumped the gun a little. Vipers is still higher with 81.45 concentration from full ascended vs 62.04 from berserkers.
Thats 5.43% boon duration vs 4.136% boon duration, which is a barely a noticeable difference. Plus vipers is 4 stat while berserkers is 3. I’ll retract my last statement. Need to see what new stats come with pof anyway.

(edited by Xstein.2187)

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

I feel you. I’m about ready to give up on Mesmer for Warrior/Thief 1 1 1 1.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

Please Please Please cut the damage reduction % of some HoT foods by at least half or overhaul them completely (OR EVEN) make them unusable in WvW if you wish to keep them in PvE. They need to be brought in line with every other food and they harm power builds . I hope ANET reads this comment.

Otherwise amazing change and props. Now I just hope many significant skill/trait balances are coming for expansion.

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Can someone explain this to me ? " we will be converting all equipment and consumables that provide a bonus to Boon Duration or Condition Duration to use Concentration or Expertise instead. " What does that mean? If condi duration and boon duration is Expertise and concentration… you’re just saying the same thing twice. You mean you’re changing the name on the item? Im so lost. so Toxic fusing crystals will say 10% Expertise instead of 10% condition duration? Is that what you’re saying?

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Posted by: Daedraz.1650

Daedraz.1650

Lol sad, already pitchfork out for another class because of kitten from a completely unrelated power reduction to yours. The salt intensifies.

Written like a person who clearly has never raided before period. You see, right now powers eles are top DPS. Even after condi nerf, which will obviously knock out condi ele out of the rankings, power eles will remain at the top. What do you think is going to happen if power eles remain the same while the condi classes go down on the benchmarks? I’m not joking about the power ele or gtfo meta. That was a real thing that plagued early raid days when they first came out and it was not a fun meta at all. And yes, while I am personally not happy about these fixes, I am addressing a real concern. If you think the condi meta is bad, clearly you’ve never seen the power ele or gtfo meta. You are really underestimating the nature of the exp raiding community. And I don’t like it, but it is what it is.

Posted by: Balthzar.3807

Balthzar.3807

So here is my question.

Obviously the stat changes are a direct result of Arena Net’s mistake in the last balance and now that I have spent a few hundred gold to convert several toons from power to condi (thank god I didn’t do all of them). Since arena net is making a change that impacts so many people and it was their miscalculations I don’t feel I should be financially responsible for this.

What will Arena Net do to compensate people for their time and effort wasted. Put simply my time is worth money, I spent that money because of balance changed that you made in error and ALL people and business in life are held accountable

My suggestion is a free stat change item for sets of gear changed to be able to change them back. Yes its a lot of data, yes it will probably require work on Anets part but I swapped over 4 sets and between freshwater pearls, and black diamonds I want compensation.

oh and I would really like a response its too often that I have gotten no response from Arena Net when I have a question that they don’t care for.

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Won’t make as much difference as people think. Just drop sigil of earth for sigil of malice and the DPS barely goes down.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Was part of the reason they did this to make people build towards duration for a specific condition or two instead of everything?

Xstein.2187

Can someone explain this to me ? " we will be converting all equipment and consumables that provide a bonus to Boon Duration or Condition Duration to use Concentration or Expertise instead. " What does that mean? If condi duration and boon duration is Expertise and concentration… you’re just saying the same thing twice. You mean you’re changing the name on the item? Im so lost. so Toxic fusing crystals will say 10% Expertise instead of 10% condition duration? Is that what you’re saying?

Food will say 100 expertise instead of 20% conditions duration.
Its going to change from a percent to a direct number. Its doing this to standardize the system. However, the food changes are also getting nerfed as well. 20% condition duration and boon duration food is being switched to 100 concentration or expertise. 15 points of those stats equal 1%. So, the food is being nerfed from 20% to 6.667%.

trailofsalt.6571

So here is my question.

Obviously the stat changes are a direct result of Arena Net’s mistake in the last balance and now that I have spent a few hundred gold to convert several toons from power to condi (thank god I didn’t do all of them). Since arena net is making a change that impacts so many people and it was their miscalculations I don’t feel I should be financially responsible for this.

What will Arena Net do to compensate people for their time and effort wasted. Put simply my time is worth money, I spent that money because of balance changed that you made in error and ALL people and business in life are held accountable

My suggestion is a free stat change item for sets of gear changed to be able to change them back. Yes its a lot of data, yes it will probably require work on Anets part but I swapped over 4 sets and between freshwater pearls, and black diamonds I want compensation.

oh and I would really like a response its too often that I have gotten no response from Arena Net when I have a question that they don’t care for.

ArenaNet will do nothing. They owe you nothing. Meta shifts happen in every game and it is up to the player to adapt to them. We have all lost some investment over the years due to shifts in the game. You’re not special over anyone else just because now it happens to be your gold, effort, and time.

Posted by: Daleon.8912

Daleon.8912

We only need chill for 16% less time, too.

Made my day.

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

I don’t mind that you are nerfing conditions and boon duration. Except that you have built the Elite Spec Scourge to be boon corruption and condition damage. So effectively you have nerfed us before its even out.

this post is hilarious because it’s true!

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

And why not also make gear with said stats easier to acquire on exotic versions for the average player?

As of now making any HoT stat related gear is stupidly expensive, and some of us would really like to experiment with them. It is quite annoying that stuff like Soldier, Valkyrie or Berserker are steadily and easily avaiable through all the game, whereas to get a Single piece of Viper you either have to finish the whole main quest or pay 400+ Gold to level up crafting to 500 and THEN invest even more resources into making exotics…

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

While we talking about it, Can we balance Condition mesmer and Acro-thief? And why isn’t adrenaline gain on warrior Baseline when getting hit? You should gain adrenaline when getting hit.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Posted by: noxeran.2743

noxeran.2743

Written like a person who clearly has never raided before period. You see, right now powers eles are top DPS. Even after condi nerf, which will obviously knock out condi ele out of the rankings, power eles will remain at the top. What do you think is going to happen if power eles remain the same while the condi classes go down on the benchmarks? I’m not joking about the power ele or gtfo meta. That was a real thing that plagued early raid days when they first came out and it was not a fun meta at all. And yes, while I am personally not happy about these fixes, I am addressing a real concern. If you think the condi meta is bad, clearly you’ve never seen the power ele or gtfo meta. You are really underestimating the nature of the exp raiding community. And I don’t like it, but it is what it is.

I don’t generally respond to these posts, but this is just patently wrong. First of all power ele is not highest DPS right now, condi ele is. If condi ele weren’t there condi thief would be top dps. If you got rid of both of those, then yes power ele would be best but only on low toughness, large hit box targets, which is exactly three things in raids: Keep Construct, Samarog, and the Golem. For those three things power ele would be above the current condi meta by about 2%. For the other 10 encounters condi is king. The current best condi build(thief) is 14% better than the best power build on small hitbox, which is not actually power ele. Its power theif, followed by power engi. Even assuming this food nerf was not compensated at all, after the 5% nerf(you really are only losing beserker runes) condi thief still beats power theif by 8%, and ele by more than that. You are in absolutely no danger of going back into the “power ele or gtfo” meta.

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

RIP Maintenance Oil

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The only thing that I dislike from this is how Giver’s will stay different between Armors and Weapons.

If we are to have consistency, we should have it fully: One name, one stat combination.

I’d much rather have a the condition stat set separate into a different name like “Trickster” and give it for Halloween instead Wintersday, and keep Giver’s as the Wintersday stat for both weapons and armor. Existing Giver’s weapons would be merely renamed to Trickster then.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

Also people are seriously over-hyping Griever stat set. Ferocity is a minor stat on it, which is where most of the damage from power builds comes from, and while condition damage to some extent makes up for some of this, the fact that it has ZERO condition duration means you will be able to achieve half of the number of conditions stacks. This means that the ticking DoT of condition damage will be half of what is currently available on a full viper set up with 100% duration. This DOES NOT KILL VIPER, and just happens to give power builders a slight edge that didn’t exist before against the increasing number of enemies with high toughness that were specifically introduced to counter the power meta. This will work best on setups that are hybrids, power based but that spread enough conditions to justify having the damage. At best this kills berserker stats once and for all, but it is 50% lower damage than viper on a full condi build.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

While we talking about it, Can we balance Condition mesmer and Acro-thief? And why isn’t adrenaline gain on warrior Baseline when getting hit? You should gain adrenaline when getting hit.

The last thing warrior needs is another buff. It’s already beyond broken in wvw 1v1s.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Raids are balanced around 100% condi duration. Nerfing 16% condi duration (8% damage) means raids will take 8% longer/harder to do. Ty so much… Raid are even more elitist now. And guess what power ele will be risen again. ‘LFG lf 7 ele dps slots’. Bad job anet. Power food generally is better. Condi has only condition damage and condi duration.

Sheesh. This and mounts in the same week. How do you cope with all these changes?

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Am I the only one who still doesn’t understand why the stat types were ever changed in the first place? Concentration and expertise are far from intuitive, and ferocity somewhat sits in the same boat. The labels don’t really correlate to their properties.

Critical damage, boon duration, and condition duration make a lot more sense label-wise. I mean, you could better argue that concentration would be a word better fit to add critical damage, and expertise would better fit critical chance.

The way the numbers work in the stats is just fine to me, but the names are goofy.

Actually, the outlier is “Condition Damage”. They should rename it to something like “Malice”

Posted by: Karnyvor.5482

Karnyvor.5482

Changing Boon/Condi duration will have the following impacts: 150 expertise is about a 10% bonus to condi duration. I haven’t checked, but if consistent, this translates into 150 concentration being 10% bonus to boon duration.

Celestial Gear: Will Anet add expertise and concentration to this gear set? It makes sense they should, especially given how hard it is to obtain. This could be something done in this patch.

Power based glass cannon builds just got a significant buff.

“Runes and Sigils are not included in these changes and will remain in their current form.” -These just became a lot more expensive on the TP

Posted by: Eddie Mo.7169

Eddie Mo.7169

Finnnnaly a hit to the boonshare + condi meta !!!!

Utility nerfs are questionable tho. Basically everything got hard nerfs.
For full zerk build, with 1960 precision, at best you get +59 power +59 ferocity.
Not sure how its “higher for Berserker builds than it was before”.

Yeah but if you use the base instead, it’s 3% precision to power > +59 power, and 6% ferocity(1060) to power > +64 power.

That’s 123 power from just the utility itself, more than the 100 power before.

Posted by: finkle.9513

finkle.9513

So i spent like 2 months “grinding” all three living story map currency collecting to obtain full vipers trinkets, i then spent 2 months “grinding” pvp for asended wepons and Armour, i then change all stats to vipers… so i have been on this grind conveyor belt, put there by ANETS as these LS maps where the only way to obtain vipers… now after ive done the hard work, they are telling me my condi necro build will be rubbish its Power based now!!!!
Is this any better than the WOW gear grind, for it then to be changed?
Isnt this anti GW ideology, oposite to there “mission statment”

Posted by: Myxam.2790

Myxam.2790

Quick question for everyone jumping on the “Ele or GTFO” bandwagon… If they’re doing this to foods, what you makes you think Fresh Air is gonna see the end of the Quarter as it is?

In before the Class Changes that get announced for this Quarter involves Fresh Air getting a 15 second ICD.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Nerfing condi by reducing overall condi damage?

Hahahahahahaha… Notice how WvW is not mentioned in the OP except for canned consumables?

If deathly chill isnt nerfed and dire/trailblazer stats isnt changed it’s not a balance patch. It’s the single most OP condi trait and people are abusing the most bunker/max condi damage armor stats in the game with condi builds.

Yet nothing of this is mentioned.

WvW is truly kittened for balance.

Will we ever have anything resembling balance? Will Anet ever admit that WvW is not PvE?

Posted by: Arzurag.7506

Arzurag.7506

Sigh, people freaking out about these low numbers and unimportant changes to food.
If your build relies on buff-food then it is a bad build.
Buff-Food should always be treatened as addition not as mandatory.

Walking’s good, fighting’s better, fcking’s best

Posted by: The Blog.1824

The Blog.1824

And why not also make gear with said stats easier to acquire on exotic versions for the average player?

As of now making any HoT stat related gear is stupidly expensive, and some of us would really like to experiment with them. It is quite annoying that stuff like Soldier, Valkyrie or Berserker are steadily and easily avaiable through all the game, whereas to get a Single piece of Viper you either have to finish the whole main quest or pay 400+ Gold to level up crafting to 500 and THEN invest even more resources into making exotics…

I agree with this. I would love to try out condi builds more often, but most of the time I just fall back to berzerker since it is way easier to acquire. Wouldn’t mind viper being more comfortable to acquire aswell.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

It is just food, doesn’t address the duration given by the gear.

Having both of these systems available on equipment and consumables is redundant, so in the upcoming balance update we will be converting all equipment and consumables that provide a bonus to Boon Duration or Condition Duration to use Concentration or Expertise instead.

They will definitely be nerfing runes.

Runes and Sigils are not included in these changes and will remain in their current form.

I was saying gears.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

If deathly chill isnt nerfed and dire/trailblazer stats isnt changed it’s not a balance patch. It’s the single most OP condi trait and people are abusing the most bunker/max condi damage armor stats in the game with condi builds.

Will we ever have anything resembling balance? Will Anet ever admit that WvW is not PvE?

yeah but condi necro uses +20% duration food which is getting nuked, and condi necro has a broad spread of condis. they’re seriously hurt by this change :x

Nalhadia – Kaineng

trailofsalt.6571

Nerfing condi by reducing overall condi damage?

Hahahahahahaha… Notice how WvW is not mentioned in the OP except for canned consumables?

There are rumors in the necro world that ArenaNet is going to change the reaper tree to a more power oriented line. The DC GM trait would be a part of this change. They are just rumors of course.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

yeah but condi necro uses +20% duration food which is getting nuked, and condi necro has a broad spread of condis. they’re seriously hurt by this change :x

You do realize that builds can already exceed 100% duration? While it might hurt your maximised dps against a stationary raid boss, a loss of ~10% duration from food mean very little in WvW.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

So are Givers getting updated to ascended?

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

Sigh, people freaking out about these low numbers and unimportant changes to food.
If your build relies on buff-food then it is a bad build.
Buff-Food should always be treatened as addition not as mandatory.

Hahahaha. Have fun finding a raid group without using buff food.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Can Concentration and Expertise be added to Celestial, please?

Woot, I can already feel the opness of this.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

They’re doing this because the elite specs will be providing greater trade off buffs in their traits.

One of the Scourges traits for example converts a percentage of your condition damage in to expertise. You will have to choose this trait over other traits for that benefit instead of being able to use foods to fill every hole.

I think these are good changes but I hope there are more tweaks in the near future.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma