Upcoming Stat Changes in the Q3 Balance Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

So i spent like 2 months “grinding” all three living story map currency collecting to obtain full vipers trinkets, i then spent 2 months “grinding” pvp for asended wepons and Armour, i then change all stats to vipers… so i have been on this grind conveyor belt, put there by ANETS as these LS maps where the only way to obtain vipers… now after ive done the hard work, they are telling me my condi necro build will be rubbish its Power based now!!!!
Is this any better than the WOW gear grind, for it then to be changed?
Isnt this anti GW ideology, oposite to there “mission statment”

GW2 is steadily turning into a game where the only winning move is not to play.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Yea, pretty sure they nerfing for expansion just like what they did for hot and how it screw so many things up. Let wait and see the skills balance changes, that’s what really matters. Afterall, pre-hot did that and made a lot of mess.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They’re doing this because the elite specs will be providing greater trade off buffs in their traits.

One of the Scourges traits for example converts a percentage of your condition damage in to expertise. You will have to choose this trait over other traits for that benefit instead of being able to use foods to fill every hole.

I think these are good changes but I hope there are more tweaks in the near future.

Yeah, obviously we can’t have the new elite specs to be not necessary. Better nerf the current builds now, to make the place for new ones.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ahnlok.3897

Ahnlok.3897

One of Anet balancing devs prob got their kitten kicked in pvp or wvw against condi + boon support builds after 2 years of ignoring how broken the meta was since HoT

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Based on today’s announcement that utility consumables are being completely changed, it feels really bad if you’ve been using things that are totally changing in usage with the upcoming patch. I’ve made a bunch of Magnanimous Sharpening Stones and Magnanimous Focusing Crystals for different content, and now I’m stuck with these things that have no value in the context I created them for? They’re now giving power/condition damage instead of the defensive stats that I wanted.

I fully support a boon/condition nerf from a food perspective, and think it makes a lot of sense. What I don’t like is sinking hundreds of gold into account bound consumables only to have them not even do what you made them to do.

Some possible solutions (only one is necessary):

• Provide a way on patch to convert utilities 1-to-1 into eachother so that players can pick whichever one they need and don’t lose the value of their old consumables
  • Remove the account bound modifier and let players sell them on the TP to recoup costs to then buy what they want to make
  • Don’t totally change the purpose of utility consumables as proposed and keep them closer to what they currently do just with nerfed numbers
[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Nerfing condi by reducing overall condi damage?

Hahahahahahaha… Notice how WvW is not mentioned in the OP except for canned consumables?

If deathly chill isnt nerfed and dire/trailblazer stats isnt changed it’s not a balance patch. It’s the single most OP condi trait and people are abusing the most bunker/max condi damage armor stats in the game with condi builds.

Yet nothing of this is mentioned.

WvW is truly kittened for balance.

Will we ever have anything resembling balance? Will Anet ever admit that WvW is not PvE?

There are rumors in the necro world that ArenaNet is going to change the reaper tree to a more power oriented line. The DC GM trait would be a part of this change. They are just rumors of course.

This was already kinda confirmed in the livestream yesterday. During Wooden Potatoes segment where he was going over some of the elite specs, he mentioned condi Reaper and Deathly Chill are getting nerfed. He said, “Reaper should not be in that condi space, at all. And that’s what they have done…” “…Bitter Chill* has been nerfed from Reaper, but there has been substantive changes elsewhere in the traits…” (Note* he says “Bitter Chill”, but he was mousing over Deathly Chill)

Here's the point in the stream where he mentions this and he talks a little more about other things they’re doing with Necro/Reaper.

(edited by Ultimaistanza.4793)

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Are runes of the traveler and divinity going to get concentration and expertise?

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I guess, someone decided that the Scorch was going to be too kitten insane.

Posted by: finkle.9513

finkle.9513

So i spent like 2 months “grinding” all three living story map currency collecting to obtain full vipers trinkets, i then spent 2 months “grinding” pvp for asended wepons and Armour, i then change all stats to vipers… so i have been on this grind conveyor belt, put there by ANETS as these LS maps where the only way to obtain vipers… now after ive done the hard work, they are telling me my condi necro build will be rubbish its Power based now!!!!

Well if im required to put as much time sink into rebuilding my gear to meet how Anet want me to play as i did for Vipers, then i will probably stop playing, i play casual. Im a paramedic that works 12 hour shifts, i dont consider a force in build change “fun new content”

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Well if im required to put as much time sink into rebuilding my gear to meet how Anet want me to play as i did for Vipers, then i will probably stop playing, i play casual. Im a paramedic that works 12 hour shifts, i dont consider a force in build change “fun new content”

I’m with you on that. It’s the same reason I don’t bother with legendary weapons…not much of a point with the mighty nerfhammer in play.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

First thanks for the update! I really appreciate that you are keeping us up to date on everything this quickly after the announcement. That’s what we’ve been expecting from the team and that’s how it should always be done! Here’s to hoping this path continues! Great work!

That being said I have to say that the runes and sigils should be updated they need some serious work on damage output as well as events that cause them to occur so I was saddened to find out that you won’t be updating that.

This is a hard nerf to classes that have been critically and chronically stuck in the condition damage mode since launch such as the engineer and the necro. I had two pistols with heal sets on and the set was to improve the boons the two pistols were both giver. So tell me how it didn’t harm my character by making me have to put on all concentration or all expertise but not be able to mix match it.

Will there be a set of runes released that has the same bonus to concentration that the armor+runes will provide that we will be able to use so that we can stick it on armor that has expertise on it for healing purposes?

Support that can’t effectively do damage along with other classes that can will thus be told it’s not worth it change to another character or don’t come to the bounty.

That’s where we’re heading again.

My final question would be does this mean that you are actually providing upcoming changes to both the engineer and the necromancer that will allow them to actually have power builds finally?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

This will have literally no effect on burn guardian. You may proceed

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I can kill stuff so I don’t need to get very deep into this whole feature of the game – but I commend what was clearly lots of hard work and thoughtful approaches!

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Am I the only one who still doesn’t understand why the stat types were ever changed in the first place? Concentration and expertise are far from intuitive, and ferocity somewhat sits in the same boat. The labels don’t really correlate to their properties.

Critical damage, boon duration, and condition duration make a lot more sense label-wise. I mean, you could better argue that concentration would be a word better fit to add critical damage, and expertise would better fit critical chance.

The way the numbers work in the stats is just fine to me, but the names are goofy.

My thought exactly. The old nomenclature is by far clearer, more straightforward, and preferable. Why would you want to obscure the concepts?

Hmmm, obscure??? This is the equivalent of a HoT map (obscure) but applied to naming. I wonder if HoT was the inspiration for this.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

so in the upcoming balance update we will be converting all equipment and consumables that provide a bonus to Boon Duration or Condition Duration to use Concentration or Expertise instead.

So you have a stat in the game called “boon duration,” which controls the duration of boons, and you have a stat in the game called “Concentration,” which controls the duration of boons, and you decide to remove the one call “boon duration?”

WHY?

Why remove the stats that do exactly what they say they do, and leave in the stat which nobody will have any idea what they mean unless they look it up in a wiki?

How does that make any sense?

Why not just leave Boon Duration and Condition Duration as the stats, and remove Concentration and Expertise?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: gishalicious.3510

gishalicious.3510

i totally understand why you guys are making these changes especially since with the last pwer food nerf condi is so much stronger then pwer right now (which don’t get me wrong, it’s so much fun to play condi on a class that i’m used to playin as pwer… thief and rev for example) but I literally JUST made stacks of rare veggie pizza and toxic focusing crystals, so that just… sucks ;/

Posted by: Blood.5607

Blood.5607

So raids will be 16% harder… Ty for killing my motivation. Just made 6th viper set, so that when i do raid I would be fully geared nope.

Also with the addition of power precision ferocity AND condi damage gear, ty for combining that with viper. It’s a kill to my gear, as that Grievers gear (of what the name is) is new meta… Ty Anet.

So in conclusion: 100% condi duration (clearly meant to be achieved by lots of classes) is killed… ty so much anet. And you think power has just as good food? Power has some things that are really strong for it (like decreased stun duration) wich is useless for most condi. This change is just a overreaction to the current raid status. (and making raids actually worse).

Raids are balanced around 100% condi duration. Nerfing 16% condi duration (8% damage) means raids will take 8% longer/harder to do. Ty so much… Raid are even more elitist now. And guess what power ele will be risen again. ‘LFG lf 7 ele dps slots’. Bad job anet. Power food generally is better. Condi has only condition damage and condi duration.

All I see here is crying, plz. It needed the nerf.

Power Rev Main (But Ventari best)|Wanting to Buy Gift of Masteries + 77 clovers for 700g! Pm me

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

So you have a stat in the game called “boon duration,” which controls the duration of boons, and you have a stat in the game called “Concentration,” which controls the duration of boons, and you decide to remove the one call “boon duration?”

WHY?

Why remove the stats that do exactly what they say they do, and leave in the stat which nobody will have any idea what they mean unless they look it up in a wiki?

How does that make any sense?

Why not just leave Boon Duration and Condition Duration as the stats, and remove Concentration and Expertise?

They aren’t removing boon duration and condition duration. They’ll still appear on traits and effects, just no longer on food or equipment.

Why have a distinction between boon duration and concentration/same for conditions/same for crit chance/same for crit damage? Because then you’ll be trying to calculate your total values from roughly 50 slots from raw percentage values, when a converted gear value is both easier to use and provides more accurate values.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

Hahahahahahaha… Notice how WvW is not mentioned in the OP except for canned consumables?

If deathly chill isnt nerfed and dire/trailblazer stats isnt changed it’s not a balance patch. It’s the single most OP condi trait and people are abusing the most bunker/max condi damage armor stats in the game with condi builds.

Will we ever have anything resembling balance? Will Anet ever admit that WvW is not PvE?

There are rumors in the necro world that ArenaNet is going to change the reaper tree to a more power oriented line. The DC GM trait would be a part of this change. They are just rumors of course.

This was already kinda confirmed in the livestream yesterday. During Wooden Potatoes segment where he was going over some of the elite specs, he mentioned condi Reaper and Deathly Chill are getting nerfed. He said, “Reaper should not be in that condi space, at all. And that’s what they have done…” “…Bitter Chill* has been nerfed from Reaper, but there has been substantive changes elsewhere in the traits…” (Note* he says “Bitter Chill”, but he was mousing over Deathly Chill)

Here's the point in the stream where he mentions this and he talks a little more about other things they’re doing with Necro/Reaper.

Thanks for the informative reply! I think it’s great if the desire is to give power reaper a boost.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

Posted by: Neid.4519

Neid.4519

Plz consider swapping the stats of furious and toxic focusing crystals – people have loads of toxic focusing crystals right now and it would be very sad to made them unusable because we are desperate for expertise

Posted by: Hornet.6357

Hornet.6357

These changes range from extremely weird to painful. Any account bound utility will be unusable in two weeks time. If for example, I had a large supply of bountiful sharping stones (a staple for chronomancers), what kinda build would I even use them for now? Is support going to refund my materials or anything? Same with the Magnanimous ones. Furthermore, some builds will be fine with these changes, others will get a major nerf to them.

There was nothing wrong with the Condi Raid Meta. Your rotations still had to be executed correctly, and some bosses had severe issues making condi builds less than ideal.

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

They need to nerf everything so the new expansion elite specializations feel stronger. its all marketing so ppl buy expansion :P

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Thanks for the informative reply! I think it’s great if the desire is to give power reaper a boost.

No problem! : )

Posted by: Dragon.7195

Dragon.7195

In the table Chart: Upcoming System Changes August 2017

Maintenance Oil – Bountiful – 0.6% and 0.8% changes while Sharpening Stone and Focusing Crystal have 6% and 8% changes. That’s a factor of 10.
Is that a typo?

Posted by: Lilieze.8290

Lilieze.8290

Why Anet can’t just buff something that’s underpowered?
A is OP than B, nerf A.
and now B is OP, ok then we neft B..
and A is OP, so now we nerf A..
omg just stop, that will never “balance” thing off. You just messing off all the players.

Posted by: Neid.4519

Neid.4519

In the table Chart: Upcoming System Changes August 2017

Maintenance Oil – Bountiful – 0.6% and 0.8% changes while Sharpening Stone and Focusing Crystal have 6% and 8% changes. That’s a factor of 10.
Is that a typo?

no because healing effectivness is worth way more than some extra healing power

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Imo this is good timing, as metas are likely to be shaken up anyway once PoF and its Elite Specs drop.

Ohoni.6057

They aren’t removing boon duration and condition duration. They’ll still appear on traits and effects, just no longer on food or equipment.

Why have a distinction between boon duration and concentration/same for conditions/same for crit chance/same for crit damage? Because then you’ll be trying to calculate your total values from roughly 50 slots from raw percentage values, when a converted gear value is both easier to use and provides more accurate values.

But why not just have a stat that is called “Boon duration” that you can raise and lower, and what that stat does is raise and lower the duration of boons? I mean, so long as people know what a “boon” is, if you ask a thousand players, including newbies, “what do you think Boon Duration does?” and at least like half of them will say “change the duration of. . . boons? Maybe?” And they’ll be right! If you ask those same people “And what does Expertise do?” And maybe only a few people will guess that it means “Also raise boon duration?” And only a VERY few people will even realize that that isn’t the correct answer, because Expertise is the Condition one!

K.I.S.S. ANet.

done by now.”

Posted by: Sparky.8724

Sparky.8724

Good balance team you have there. No communication with the players at all before announcing changes like this. Nice job anet.

Posted by: VersionX.6187

VersionX.6187

So funny to see the PvE section crying about a major balance patch adressed to wvw. Now you know how the wvw community feels in most of the balance patches.

Keep it up Anet, new elite specs and these changes all looking great.

Sarrs.4831

But why not just have a stat that is called “Boon duration” that you can raise and lower, and what that stat does is raise and lower the duration of boons?

Because then you have “boon duration” in your traits and effects that is a percentage value, and “boon duration” in your gear and food that is an integer value, and then you have upgrade components which are a mix of both of these. If you had an upgrade component that read “+5 boon duration”, as a newer player, you would likely not know if it’s intended to be a percentage value or a fixed value until you equip it.

Before you suggest it: you can’t flatten these values to both use a uniform +value or +percent. That makes them work differently than they currently do.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I suggest a little renaming as part of this update to better clarify what some of the more ambiguous terms mean:

“Concentration” —> “Booncentration”

“Expertise” —> “Experdition”

“Ferocity” —> “Precisiocity”

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Can Concentration and Expertise be added to Celestial, please?

Said every Reaper ever.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Posted by: Majir Kejr.8537

Majir Kejr.8537

Sounds like a good reason not to buy anything else from ANET

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Thank you so much for these changes! This will help thin out some of the condi cancer in wvw some.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Its not rumors wooden potatoes confirmed it with his post show. The expansion he got to play had a lot of the balances already in effect and he briefly went over necro.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Why is condi food being nerfed AGAIN. It was nerfed by 50% when HOT was launched, and now over 60% again. Are you just trying to brick everything in the game so everyone needs to buy the new xpac? The nerf to power food was 50% damage, this is worse than that.

Becaue condis are overpowered.
There is no justification to having a single food to give 300 points worth of expertise.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Posted by: Imry.3642

Imry.3642

The only thing that I dislike from this is how Giver’s will stay different between Armors and Weapons.

If we are to have consistency, we should have it fully: One name, one stat combination.

I’d much rather have a the condition stat set separate into a different name like “Trickster” and give it for Halloween instead Wintersday, and keep Giver’s as the Wintersday stat for both weapons and armor. Existing Giver’s weapons would be merely renamed to Trickster then.

So are Givers getting updated to ascended?

Both of these, please? I’d love to have ascended Sandford’s Giver’s equipment and Thorn’s Trickster’s equipment ^^

What about Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup? This is the only viable alternative to Seaweed Salad, but it’s price is ridiculous. I hate using Seaweed Salad because having to constantly “wiggle” your character is really annoying, but there are no other options. The nerf to seaweed salad didn’t remove the annoying character movement it requires despite leaving power builds with no affordable alternative (at least to my knowledge). Removing the need for annoying character movement was supposedly the reason behind the Seaweed Salad nerf, but nothing has changed for players who want affordable food. Please either change how Seaweed Salad works or reduce the price of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup.

IMO they should change seaweed salad to something like “+0.5% outgoing damage for each unique boon on you” or “+2.5% damage while you have Swiftness”. It maintains the flavour and gets rid of the wiggling.

(edited by Imry.3642)

Posted by: Nikon.3921

Nikon.3921

I would like to see Condi scaled in WvW and or Condi being more than 1 stat. You can argue all day about duration etc, but with pure tanky condi builds, it just takes 1-2 cycles and the person who is defending against condi has popped all their condi clears. If it’s not too much work, maybe make it so they have to choose what type of condi they want to build up. So have stats for bleeding, poison, etc. So “condition dmg” isn’t across the board. Personally, I think it should be just scaled. I wouldn’t want someone to lose out on all the condition types, and would rather see the dmg scaled more so condition dmg isn’t that strong. I’ve seen some pure tank condi builds last a long time vs 3-4 physical builds before they go down. I’ve built a few tanky physical builds where instead of condi dmg it’s physical, and they down so fast vs condi. Why not even the playing field? T1 NA 95% of my dmg in my logs are condi.

Just my two cents.

Posted by: FearTheOyster.5138

FearTheOyster.5138

I’d honestly wait to see the rest of the balance changes before screaming “Condi is dead” just because of food being made consistent across the board. It is quite possible some skills will be adjusted to take the change into account, so that they won’t have to be thrown out. What they’re likely going to wind up doing is make it so that a build isn’t 100% dependent on having a certain food buff on while the player could otherwise be using a PvP-oriented food (for example).

Also please remember that making food/consumables a consistent strength will make it easier to fix and balance skills in general. And ultimately, it would be ideal for Viper and Berserker to have equal worth. Just because Viper’s worth is being lowered and Berserker’s is being increased does not mean “then Berserker is now better than Viper”. Just closer to equal, as it should.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The duration meta destroyed diversity.

Sure, nerfing it will cause havoc but boon sharing and insane condi damage dominates end game content and obsoleted a lot of equipment stat’s.

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

Food was a mistake. Just remove it from the game already and boost stats accordingly. Its annoying to constantly have to pop it anyway.

And yeah, not looking forward to raids getting even more difficult. You are making it more and more difficult for new players.

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

People crying about Anet not announcing major changes… in a thread to announce major changes.

Hahaha priceless.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Posted by: Matt H.6142

Matt H.6142

Hopefully the balance pass, which I see was looking at costs as well, has looked at the utility stations from Living World Season 1 rewards. (Sharpening Stone, Tuning Crystal, Maintenance Oil feasts – Have old Lion’s Arch models for the stations.
The amount of ascended mats is way too high since legendary journeys were added to the game. Should be equal in price to other feasts.

Fort Aspenwood home
All Professions Level 80

Posted by: Adrenalin.5719

Adrenalin.5719

I mean people crying here about having wasted money because of these changes is all quite cool, but please get to the core of this issue then.

If you design a game without a treadmill and with weird attribute gear you can’t basically balance/change the game without making people rage and probably quit the game as a whole in a lot of cases.

In the beginning of the game everyone was just zerk and there was no need to ever change away from zerk so it worked fine. Then you realized it’s quite boring when everyone is zerk and you started changing.

In this situation you should have realized that all ascended gear should have been stat-
and rune-/sigil-swappable from the start and that legendaries are only about looks.

Sure you can convert but it’s a pain in the ass especially when you have to rebuy expensive runes and sigils.

You actually made me start getting into WoW because a treadmill is one thing, but advertising your game to be without one and then either intentionally acting against it to generate cashgemsgold or just being clueless is on another level. Think about it.

fanboy | A passionate fan of elements of geek culture, letting his passion override social graces
and common sense.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Overall I’m happy with this announcement. I’ve been saying for a while now that utility and food buffs were way too powerful. Nerfing them this hard is good for the game. I just hope that the rest of the changes in this balance patch are this good.

Ohoni.6057

Because then you have “boon duration” in your traits and effects that is a percentage value, and “boon duration” in your gear and food that is an integer value, and then you have upgrade components which are a mix of both of these. If you had an upgrade component that read “+5 boon duration”, as a newer player, you would likely not know if it’s intended to be a percentage value or a fixed value until you equip it.

That’s easily solved, you just put a symbol, like this one, “%” next to the ones that are intended to be taken as a percentage value. There are already abilities in the game that do this, like the traits that give a percentage of Stat A as Stat B.

done by now.”

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

So what is the base ferocitly for classes? This seems like very odd chose for making % effects off of. I though oil was better crit chase not support only. The armor changes was needed as well as the food but the off food or wrechese seem realty odd.
I get the reasoning behind it more vit / armor should not mean you do better dmg but the more power should do more crit dmg and the more precision should be something else. I am not sure if locking power to precision is the best ideal.

Look more classes have high crit % hits due to boons and class tools making ppl stack more precision to push power high will make them push that 100% chase and become worthless. Anet if your going to do this you REALTY need to look at the other effects of crit dmg and crit chase or a lot of things are going to become comply worthless to op (it pains me to say it but fresh air will add a lot of power on-top of its crit dmg as well as acrain effects).
This is a major changes to stones oil and crystals to the point of maybe needing to add in refund levels of mats and recipes.

Look this is game up-heaving for what ppl worked for. The best support food was Magnanimous Tuning Crystal and it took work to get the means of crafting it. Now its going to become a “meh” condi dmg food. That out right crazy to do that to your player base (i will live all though i made well over 100 of them to be used in wvw healing ele) ppl who may not have the ability to make it work. YOU MUST KEEP THE TYPE OF EFFECTS so Magnanimous Tuning Crystal NEEDS TO STAY A SUPPORT ITEM as well as the other ones. You can changes the % and what they are base off of but you cant simply flip what they are for on ppl like this and not see the crazyness that going to come from it.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Sarrs.4831

So what is the base ferocitly for classes?

It’s a pretty big issue for how powerful the effects are, and has been for a while, there was one Ranger trait that gave a stat conversion based on Healing Power but because you have no base Healing Power the amount it actually gave was always pathetic.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

ArenaNet, you are going in the wrong direction!

You need to nerf baseline durations, not the duration of the increases. Stats should be required, not just have everyone running around with an average.

Now you’ll have people with full Expertise only doing 7.5sec bleed while someone with a build nothing related to conditions does 5sec. The problem is that the base conditions come too often and too long, not the increases.

Why do you think almost no one even takes Condition Duration? All existing condi builds are built almost entirely around Condition Damage alone.

My dumb suggestions:
- Change Condition Duration to an absolute; i.e, having 50% means that your conditions last only 50% of their normal time, not 150%.
- Give players a base Condition Duration(Expertise) of 50%, and make it able to increase to 150% with the use of Expertise and duration% gear.

This will put conditions back in the hands of condition users, not random joe builds.

Also almost no one uses the new foods outside of raids and WvW because it takes too many resources to craft something that only lasts for 30-45 minutes, we’re talking up to five gold for some of the benefits which is too much.

At least introduce lower level versions of the foods to save costs.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)