Update On Future/Upcoming Game Updates?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

We had one back in July I think, when are we getting the next one?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

They covered the entire second half of 2013, so my guess would be early 2014.

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

My guess it will be after the holiday season. Colin can shout out from his soap box about some tangible content but most of it will be generic “making the world more dynamic in the next year” speech. Since they can’t reveal too much unless the content is actually ready to ship. As of now we still have to look forward to ascended armor, halloween, wintersday, fractal update, balance/skill tweaks, and some other small things.

There is a long list of things they can take from this year and improve upon them for the next. The recurring content give them some breathing room so they do not have to develop things from scratch. However if they don’t use the data they have gathered from this year appropriately, then things will backfire. My guess we will probably get couple more dungeon and world boss refurbishment. One of the writers did say they are working on a way to connect all of the living story content together. I am also guessing we are going to get some more annually recurring content next year to fill in the months that missed out this year. The biggest hurdle to them is actually making any of this evolving world stick in a non predictable way. The invasion mechanic alleviated some of this issues. Though it does not rekindle interest in maps like Timberline Falls and does not impact the map in a win/loose scenario.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

My guess it will be after the holiday season. Colin can shout out from his soap box about some tangible content but most of it will be generic “making the world more dynamic in the next year” speech. Since they can’t reveal too much unless the content is actually ready to ship. As of now we still have to look forward to ascended armor, halloween, wintersday, fractal update, balance/skill tweaks, and some other small things.

There is a long list of things they can take from this year and improve upon them for the next. The recurring content give them some breathing room so they do not have to develop things from scratch. However if they don’t use the data they have gathered from this year appropriately, then things will backfire. My guess we will probably get couple more dungeon and world boss refurbishment. One of the writers did say they are working on a way to connect all of the living story content together. I am also guessing we are going to get some more annually recurring content next year to fill in the months that missed out this year. The biggest hurdle to them is actually making any of this evolving world stick in a non predictable way. The invasion mechanic alleviated some of this issues. Though it does not rekindle interest in maps like Timberline Falls and does not impact the map in a win/loose scenario.

Indeed. Depending on the outcome of Teq they were gonna revamp other bosses as well.

My feedback: less frequent spawning and/or make it easier for smaller servers. NO ONE does it anymore on GH as far as I know. That’s after 2 weeks. kitten shame, because the mechanics are pretty solid imo.

I look forward to more changes to and adding onto the traits and skills myself. Love the combat system, bring it.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!