Update gifts and purchasable rewards TODAY

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Yeah, I’m bothered by this whole wintersday thing. Players get shoved into some corner in DR and you have all the same old stuff going on. Kinda feel slapped in the face as a customer honestly, and I hate to say it like that, but that’s what it feels like…

The best thing to do right now is offer some good stuff in these new winter day gifts….

make them drop all the different snowflakes again too…

Offer good rewards for X amount of the various snowflakes and karma and gold.

Offer all these current rewards (minis, recipes, winters presence, toys)…. As rewards that can be purchased with snowflakes and karma and gold…

It’s an easy fix, just do it today. Seriously.

Honestly, by noon PST TODAY y’all could and should make this happen. There are not any excuses why it’s not possible…

Add a vendor that offers ALL the cool wvw Mist weapons that have been sitting there for a year… All Dungeon gear… All for snowflakes and gold and karma…

DO SOMETHING!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Swagger.1459

Seriously. Players pour millions of dollars into the game… We just plunkered down $50-$100 bucks on the xpac, buy hundreds of dollars worth of gems, spend tons of cash through the year… And we are given this for wintersday? Junk and recycled rewards and the same events in a section of DR?

This is lack of leadership care for the loyal players… Honestly, this entire event looks like an attempt to save an extra 10k in coding while you’re tossing 200k for esports…

I don’t complain like this much but seriously…

Posted by: Atlas Tsahalla.2456

Atlas Tsahalla.2456

I’ll agree with some of your above – using snowflakes and whatnot to purchase things, great idea.

But this below part? Really?
I think I missed something – did ANet promise you a game based around Wintersday if you bought the expansion? Was there some special deal that says the Wintersday festivities weren’t just yearly events that ANet in no way has to offer?

I think you may be investing a little too much into this video game.

Seriously. Players pour millions of dollars into the game… We just plunkered down $50-$100 bucks on the xpac, buy hundreds of dollars worth of gems, spend tons of cash through the year… And we are given this for wintersday?

This is lack of leadership care for the loyal players… Honestly, this entire event looks like an attempt to save an extra 10k in coding while you’re tossing 200k for esports…

Swagger.1459

It’s the principle of the matter. They are a business and we are the customers… You take care of your customers period.

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Toooddaaayyy! lol

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m confused. Previously players have complained that temporary content, and festival in particular haven’t come back exactly the same every year. If anything is changed people complain that they have been waiting all year for the old version to be made available again.

Now they do as asked and bring back the entire festival, with some new rewards (new minis, new collection for a skin/effect, new consumables etc.) and somehow this is hugely offensive and needs to be scrapped in favour of a completely new system?

Won’t that just anger all the people who insisted festivals must include all the content from previous years all over again?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Swagger.1459

Yes. today. noon pst sharp.

Posted by: Kahli.4325

Kahli.4325

I enjoy this Wintersday in all honesty, like the slight changes they’ve made, and the things they kept around since before. Try to find some christmas spirit or some actual Swagger, and live happily ever after.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Sorry, you used “slapped in the face” hyperbole. Fail.

Wintersday is available to all so it’s not content tied to the expansion, just an annual event with 90% recycled contact. We have the orphan present hunt that lets us get rid of any junk from previous Wintersday. We got some new items, food, snowflake conversion, recipe/TP tweaks, loads of new achievements, etc. So I find this Wintersday different enough from last year to feel new.

Sorry I don’t see the outrage here.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Holiday events have historically been recycled for the past 10 years. Why would people start thinking now that this one would be any different?

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

It’s almost as if they have limited man-power to work on things in the game or something…..

Swagger.1459

Just a flesh wound and I aren’t going to do that JP once, let alone three times…

I’m not going to do Jormag 3 more times out of the 50 or whatever I’ve done it…

I’m not going to play musical games 3 times when I didn’t care to do it once. That’s not my idea of fun.

Y’all like that stuff then do it and have fun. Others would be happy to burn resources and stuff that are just sitting there to have THEIR fun.

The entire premise is options for stuff so all players get stuff and have fun. Some of y’all like recycled events and rewards then fine you got it… The rest don’t care.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Just a flesh wound and I aren’t going to do that JP once, let alone three times…

I’m not going to play musical games 3 times when I didn’t care to do it once. That’s not my idea of fun.

Y’all like that stuff then do it and have fun. Others would be happy to burn resources and stuff that are just sitting there to have THEIR fun.

The entire premise is options for stuff so all players get stuff and have fun. Some of y’all like recycled events and rewards then fine you got it… The rest don’t care.

If you don’t care for it don’t play. Catering to all players is why this game is such a mess in the first place.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

So to fix the things that you don’t want to do, you propose adding more rewards for doing the things you don’t want to do?

Or you just want to spend all your money on rewards? I’m not sure I understand. Festivals in guild wars have traditionally been the same event each year, maybe with a new item or (in GW1) some new quests here and there. Festivals have never been the place to get rewards from other parts of the game, except inasmuch as selling festival rewards can get you money for other things.

I’m thinking of halloween, canthan new year, wintersday, the dragon festival, etc. There is literally no precedent for what you’re proposing yet you act like it’s what has been expected from the beginning. But what I see and expect from the 10 years of Guild Wars events is mostly copy + paste, with some new elements each year but not significantly. It’s pretty nice imo

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

I’ve posted quite a few complaints about ANet recently but in fairness I have to agree with comments here saying in general terms the festival should be the same every year. It’d be nice to see some less popular items replaced with something new in time but changes should be kept to a minimum.

It’s the familiarity that makes it good, just like every Christmas eve my wife and I watch ’A Christmas Carol’ starring Patrick Stewart while drinking mulled wine. I can almost lip-sync to the narrative now but that doesn’t stop me enjoying the evening.

There are plenty of things in this game that need changing but imo, Wintersday festival isn’t one of those things.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I missed “Grawnks heart” so this is ok to me.

It also takes at least two years for a holiday event to be fully repolished, we did this with halloween.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Swagger.1459

I don’t care so much about recycled events entirely… I looking at all things wintersday gw2…

It is a let down and you can see how little effort went into it.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I… you… how… ugh!

Seriously… no words.

How the hell is something they’ve done for a decade (ie – the recycling of yearly events) an issue? I mean, really. You honestly thought they were going to do something different than what they did in GW1? (Which amounted to varied amounts of tweaking from year to year, not massive overhauls) Hell, they told us in the first year that they planned on building festival content for reuse.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Swagger.1459

I don’t really care about events too much. Reread all of it and put things into better context.

There are disappointments with this event and that’s clear by the boards. So fix things up right?

Add better rewards right?

Add another path for rewards right?

Turn this event into a material, karma,gold… Sink for stuff…

ADD to the event… THAT’S what I’m saying…

Jeepersbahumbug! /kickssnowpeople

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Probably won’t see alternative options for achieving certain things the first year out. Might see additional options next year though. (Take Gwyn from Halloween for example) While I’m not precisely the happiest of campers regarding that approach, taking that path does 2 things for anet. First, it offers a tiny bit of exclusivity (for a short time) for some people. Second, it gives people more goals to work towards in the future. Granted, not everyone will look at it from that perspective.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Lucent.8906

Lucent.8906

Seriously. Players pour millions of dollars into the game… We just plunkered down $50-$100 bucks on the xpac, buy hundreds of dollars worth of gems, spend tons of cash through the year…

Not everyone buys that many gems or spends that much money on the game. Don’t feel entitled to having them cater to you specifically just because you spent some money on the game.

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Do something different-forum complain

Do the same-forum complain

Do mostly the same but add a little different stuff-forum keep complaining

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

It’s the principle of the matter. They are a business and we are the customers… You take care of your customers period.

In other mmos festivals are the same ever year. It provides everyone with the same opportunity to complete the events, and doesn’t lock out new players. I’m sorry but the only thing they should address is make it more like the first winters day with op toy mobs everywhere.

This way everyone who plays the game gets to experience the same event and work towards rewards that they missed last year, or weren’t here for.

My only complaint is that toypocolypse isn’t party content, as i wont do it without friends.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Well then I guess they should add mounts and capes and make raids easier and remove all items gated behind specific content. Oh and remove the mastery system, or revamp all of the HoT zones so you aren’t required to have any masteries, and make the story mode easier, and I could obviously go on and on. Customers aren’t always right. What pleases some won’t please others.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

No, I’m very likely not going to be doing the JP once, much less 3 times but I’m well aware that other people love this JP, so suxs to be me no doubt, but asking for it to be removed is another thing altogether.

I actually have no problem at all with recycled content and brand new rewards. I do the content for the rewards that I want or can do, then I’m off to do other things.

Now I wish they had better recycled content, like the same quests to do each year with amusing lines from the NPCs like they had in Guild Wars 1, but recycled holiday events are fine.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Griever.7480

Griever.7480

The issue isnt that they recycled the event, the issue is that they didn’t improve on it, we have insane achievement requirements for this year, 10k this and 1k that do this for one hour 30 times.

its to the point that people cant do these things even if they farmed the whole season out.

Once again i see the people who got divided, the people with lots of cash from ah flipping gem buying and whatnot who just buy these items and insta gets the achievement, except for the hard ones or the ones that take too long.

And then we have the people who werent so blessed as to get lucky drops and lots of money forced to sell their wintersday loot to somehow benefit from the event, they can kiss those achis goodbye.

Now the only ones getting the wonderful new skin is those who can afford it, by this i mean has both the riches in the game and in real life, and also those who can spare the time to get lucky at the jp and other event, how many do you think this is? a minority inside a minority inside yet another minority, happy kittening wintersday.

Posted by: badwolf.2583

badwolf.2583

my biggest problem with the event, is the 10k drinks required to get the new skin, which wouldn’t have been a problem if they hadn’t removed the mystic forge recipe to make wintersday gifts, but sadly anet removed that, and the ability to trade ugly things for gifts, its a huge letdown as they essentially made a "farm these items in a limited time, but severely limited the supply.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Gifts are available year round and there’s the tree in the home instance that can be done daily. There’s also next year.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If you dont care about playing the wintersday content, i wonder what you need a snowflake sink for.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

This is all because they did one Halloween different, it was expected to be different for everything…

Posted by: HakunaMataBaby.2734

HakunaMataBaby.2734

Tired of players like you who play this game. Wintersday is a holiday event, in no way is it “content” they don’t need to update it, they didn’t even need a wintersday. There are some new things to go for this year. Stop being a ungrateful rotten snot(lol swear words are kittens so..)

Thank you arenanet for wintersday, I’ll be doing the jp all day ^-^