Updates from the chinese client.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

You can’t even imagine the amount of popcorn I have prepared in case those notes are false. oh joy oh joy

Those notes are real, coming from the official chinese GW2 site. But I remain skeptical for now. Even if those changes do make it into the chinese version there is no guarantee they will be introduced into the western version as wel. I hope it will, but for now I assume it won’t.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Why would they not? The camera and stability changes were specifically supposed to hit the Western client on Tuesday, new gem store skins are commonplace in updates, and from what I’ve heard, the 3-to-kick change was supposed to have been implemented in a patch some months back, but apparently didn’t actually work.

I guess there’s no guarantee about WvW, since the Chinese WvW scene could be even worse than what we have now, but considering how long / how many people have been asking for this, it doesn’t seem unreasonable that it’s planned for all versions.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

Why would they not? The camera and stability changes were specifically supposed to hit the Western client on Tuesday, new gem store skins are commonplace in updates, and from what I’ve heard, the 3-to-kick change was supposed to have been implemented in a patch some months back, but apparently didn’t actually work.

I guess there’s no guarantee about WvW, since the Chinese WvW scene could be even worse than what we have now, but considering how long / how many people have been asking for this, it doesn’t seem unreasonable that it’s planned for all versions.

Yes, the point of making false patch notes is to make them look legit. So pointing out they look legit doesn’t proof they aren’t false.

Keep your expectations low.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

This should be GW2 motto for 2k14

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Why would they not?

I never said they wouldn’t.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Why would they not?

“Even if those changes do make it into the chinese version there is no guarantee they will be introduced into the western version as well.”

Do I misunderstand something about that sentence? Because it sounds to me like you’re implying they might not.

Yes, the point of making false patch notes is to make them look legit. So pointing out they look legit doesn’t proof they aren’t false.

The question I asked was that, assuming they are legit, why would they only be implemented in the Chinese client, when a number of the things on the list have already been confirmed for Western and were supposed to be released 2 days ago?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Why would they not?

“Even if those changes do make it into the chinese version there is no guarantee they will be introduced into the western version as well.”

Do I misunderstand something about that sentence? Because it sounds to me like you’re implying they might not.

No guarantee they will =/= They will not.
I said there is a chance these changes (except for the camera changes) will not make it to the western version, I never said they definitely won’t. The Chinese client has a whole number of features that are not present in the western version.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Interestingly, at current gem to gold conversion rates, it costs about $7 (or 560 gems) to buy a Black Lion Weapon Ticket skin from the trading post on average. I consider that pretty great considering that Caithe’s Bloom Dagger cost 600 gems to purchase directly from the gem store.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Does that means china gw2 became a experiment server if they implement it there first instead of doing it in na gw2.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Be mindful that these were chinese patch notes. We already know business is not as usual in GW2 China. Maybe the requirement for WvW map was removed because of chinese world demographics? And maybe three new faces are faces we have already received? It could also be the case that shadow weapons translate differently and it’s something we’ve already seen?

I hope we get all these things but just be aware in case we don’t that this is in fact the Chinese version

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Be mindful that these were chinese patch notes. We already know business is not as usual in GW2 China. Maybe the requirement for WvW map was removed because of chinese world demographics? And maybe three new faces are faces we have already received? It could also be the case that shadow weapons translate differently and it’s something we’ve already seen?

I hope we get all these things but just be aware in case we don’t that this is in fact the Chinese version

There has already been speculation of them removing WvW from map completion. Apparently someone noticed that during one of the Points of Interest streams previewing HoT, the map completion numbers were lower than they currently are, which meant something had been removed from the totals, and then they figured out that removing WvW would match that number exactly. Something like that, anyway. So I’d be rather surprised if that didn’t turn out to be true. The counterpoint would be that it was simply a build that didn’t include WvW (which was one of the main theories against it at th etime), but with these patch notes now I think its more likely to be correct.

As far as the other stuff is concerned…. we haven’t had a Gem Store update this week. It got delayed right along with the patch itself. Which means that whatever they are adding needs to be patched in, rather than being stuff already in the game (which means they won’t be bringing back any of last weeks sales or anything like that). So a new weapon set and a new set of faces would be completely reasonable.

It all still COULD be false, and I assume that’s your point anyway, but it all seems too reasonable for me to lean towards anything more than it being true at this point.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Unless there are some amazing animations to go with those they are some of the most boring skins I have seen.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Unless there are some amazing animations to go with those they are some of the most boring skins I have seen.

Lol. I was thinking that myself. I was interested from seeing the name and thinking they might be awesome skins to get for my Revenant, but then I saw those pictures. Let’s hope they just didn’t make some weapons and paint them black.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

After what appears to have been a report in more detail about the stability and shadowstep/teleport effect changes:

Thief by far and large becomes the worst class in GW2 PvP environments. Absolutely no contest. S/x builds and multiple utilities go from staples to trash tier.

…if it holds. I’m really hoping this aspect of the changes went either incorrectly reported or there are more details.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

AARGH!
Still no life signs from the crew patching up the broken personal story.

Polish > hype