Updates until expansion questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Capitol City.4856

Capitol City.4856

Hey guys, I don’t know if this question has already been asked and clarified, or asked and buried, or what, so if you guys want to redirect me to another thread, that’s fine. I was wondering two things about the living world/misc updates that’ll lead up to Heart of Thorns. I already know that updates will be coming out until the expansion is released, so don’t worry, that’s not one of them.

1) What kind of updates will be coming out prior to Heart of Thorns?Are you guys starting season three before the expansion, is it going to be nothing but balance changes and holidays, or will we see some cool filler content such as the zephyr sanctum and the Super Adventure Box?

2) How frequently are we going to be seeing these updates? Are you guys staying on your two week schedule, or are you dialing back to once a month or maybe less?

Obviously both of these questions are directed at devs, who have a history of not revealing details around updates, but if you players have heard anything regarding these two questions from any official source, please tell me what’s up/send me to your sources. Thanks everyone.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

Your answer is here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-29-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-expansion-level-cap-gear-tier

“We won’t be doing any more Living World updates,” he reveals. Living World Season 2 ended where Heart of Thorns will pick up, “[it] literally rolls right into it”, so no new big story drops until then. Game updates, though, will continue as you’d expect.

Capitol City.4856

That helps a bit, it clears out one of the three options I proposed in question 1 at least. It doesn’t actually answer question 1, and doesn’t say anything about question 2 unless it’s implied by “as you’d expect” that they’ll continue to come out on a two week basis. Thanks for the info though

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

The “every two weeks” was just for Living Story updates. I ‘d say we get monthly bug fix updates and the April Feature Update and that’s it.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Interesting. I missed that announcement and was wondering. It’s going to be a long dry spell if it’s several months till the expansion starts.

Guess I’ll be leveling alts on my second, new account (and seeing what the fuss is for the NPE and traits) as well as doing key runs on my old account.

Capitol City.4856

Hmm. I wish we had a little more to go on than speculation. If bug fixes and an update in 3 months is all we’re getting, I might have to go look at some other stuff to bide my time. That wouldn’t be so bad, I might actually do my homework now…

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

My guess is they try to fill the gap between now and the beta with SAB, WvW S4, Queen’s Gauntlet, etc. That would be about it.

Posted by: Kortas.7345

Kortas.7345

I know that it is very unrealistic but i hope that we get:
- SAB World 3
- Living World Season 1 in the Story Journal
- fixed PS (Orr in the right order and with the greatest fear plotline)
- Arah Story Revamp (Not much hope here but I think if it comes it comes in the same patch as LW S1)

I think that would set the perfect stage for new players that might come with HoT because as of now there is this huge story gap between PS & LW S2 while also giving veteran players something to do.

I would however also be satisfied with SAB W1 &2 as well as the Queens Gauntlet.

Capitol City.4856

I heard they were redoing season 1 from more than a few sources, I’m guessing they’re doing it in the same manner they did season 2 (replayable instances within the story journal). That would be really cool for them to bring in before the xpac, that way new players would know what was going on. More than anything I wish we could just get something official on this so I know what to expect.

Posted by: sneakyfox.9804

sneakyfox.9804

I’m surprised this question isn’t getting asked more. Two weeks after the season 2 finale we got a balance update to might and confusion, so that may be a hint as to what we’ll be receiving in the coming months. Hopefully we’ll get something akin to some of the fun on-the-side stuff like new activities and the SAB before HoT is released. It’s going to be a long year if we have to wait with nothing to tide us over :P

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I hope we don’t have until the Expansion now total silence.
Absolutely now its the time, where Anet can’t come up again with an excuse like – we can’t do this, it interferes with our living world time plan"

So now is the time to come up again with Patches to focus on more things like Game Perforcmance, Fun Aspects, Activities, Quality of Life Improvements, Massive Bug Fixes, Minor New Features or Redesigns of existing Content to bring new fresh air into certain areas of the Game, SpvP and WvW Improvements like adding new WvW Skills, fixing finally ther WvW Achievements and so on, as also more Class Balances regarding Traits, fixing the Trait System, fixing the Personal Story – the list of possibilities now is very long.

So these are the Top 10 things that I absolutely expect to see now before Heart of Thorns gets released: (We can still wait several months before this happens, at least until August 2015 I guess)

1) Super Adventure Box World 3 and the Return of Hard Mode for all 3 Worlds, so that those, which had not enough time to do Hard Mode last time, can do it this time and all can explore a new World
2) Implemention of finally Polymok, Bar Brawl and Shooting Range (seriously, whats Anet taking so long with this, that 2+ years after game release this Content is still not there, when it should have been from begin on in the game)
3) Personal Story Fixes
4) Implementation of Jeweler 500 and Chef 500 finally together with new Ascended Runes and Sigils as QoL together with Build Templates as Part of a small Feature Pack before HoT comes, to give pve and WvW finally the same simple Building System, that PvP has
5) Living World Season 1 Reimplementation with Achievements ect like S2-System
6) Redesign of either the Shatterer, Jormag or both similar to Tequatl
7) Return finally once again of Dragon Bash now that Scarlet is dead and nobody will disturb on Dragon Bash again, letting us finally get somehow the Mystic Dragon Minipet together with new Dragon Masks (Skin for Head that exists also in GW1) and Lanterns as toys
8) Another new WvW Season
9) Another Class Balance with Focus on Traits and Trait System Revamp
10) hopefully doing something within a Patch for the Game Performance, maybe as part of the small Feature Pack, like giving GW2 finally somethign like DX11 Support or giving the game also a 64bit Client, or integrating something new, that makes using SweetFX or Combat Mod part of the game officially, so that everyone can profitate from these things for better graphics and better combat system in regard of targeting for all.
(11) Would love to see that complete UI Redesing of Amax getting implemented into GW2 ^^, but its unlikely, that this would happen, so i count it as (11) outside of the Top 10 of mine.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Capitol City.4856

I hope we don’t have until the Expansion now total silence.
Absolutely now its the time, where Anet can’t come up again with an excuse like – we can’t do this, it interferes with our living world time plan"

So now is the time to come up again with Patches to focus on more things like Game Perforcmance, Fun Aspects, Activities, Quality of Life Improvements, Massive Bug Fixes, Minor New Features or Redesigns of existing Content to bring new fresh air into certain areas of the Game, SpvP and WvW Improvements like adding new WvW Skills, fixing finally ther WvW Achievements and so on, as also more Class Balances regarding Traits, fixing the Trait System, fixing the Personal Story – the list of possibilities now is very long.

So these are the Top 10 things that I absolutely expect to see now before Heart of Thorns gets released: (We can still wait several months before this happens, at least until August 2015 I guess)

1) Super Adventure Box World 3 and the Return of Hard Mode for all 3 Worlds, so that those, which had not enough time to do Hard Mode last time, can do it this time and all can explore a new World
2) Implemention of finally Polymok, Bar Brawl and Shooting Range (seriously, whats Anet taking so long with this, that 2+ years after game release this Content is still not there, when it should have been from begin on in the game)
3) Personal Story Fixes
4) Implementation of Jeweler 500 and Chef 500 finally together with new Ascended Runes and Sigils as QoL together with Build Templates as Part of a small Feature Pack before HoT comes, to give pve and WvW finally the same simple Building System, that PvP has
5) Living World Season 1 Reimplementation with Achievements ect like S2-System
6) Redesign of either the Shatterer, Jormag or both similar to Tequatl
7) Return finally once again of Dragon Bash now that Scarlet is dead and nobody will disturb on Dragon Bash again, letting us finally get somehow the Mystic Dragon Minipet together with new Dragon Masks (Skin for Head that exists also in GW1) and Lanterns as toys
8) Another new WvW Season
9) Another Class Balance with Focus on Traits and Trait System Revamp
10) hopefully doing something within a Patch for the Game Performance, maybe as part of the small Feature Pack, like giving GW2 finally somethign like DX11 Support or giving the game also a 64bit Client, or integrating something new, that makes using SweetFX or Combat Mod part of the game officially, so that everyone can profitate from these things for better graphics and better combat system in regard of targeting for all.
(11) Would love to see that complete UI Redesing of Amax getting implemented into GW2 ^^, but its unlikely, that this would happen, so i count it as (11) outside of the Top 10 of mine.

I don’t EXPECT these things, but seeing even half of this list would be really nice. I didn’t even think of something like 10, but that would great for those of us with crappy computers :O in the end, what I’m really hoping for is content. I know everyone is already asking for SAB, but some other filler stuff would be nice as well. Just stuff to tide us over, I’m pretty easy to please when it comes to that regard. Mini games (polymock was a cool idea), new holidays, silly SAB-esq stuff. And above all that, i really hope it’s permanent.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

I already know that updates will be coming out until the expansion is released, so don’t worry, that’s not one of them.

Remember that last year ArenaNet slowed update release significantly because they were busy with the preparations for releasing GW2 in China. It’s likely that they will be even more busy now, so I would expect even less than what we got back then.

(Ergo, nothing.)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I kind of expect now something among this.. i don’t say that ANet has to do exactly all of my list now.. but now at a moment like this i simply wouldn’t let an excuse like " we have no time for this/that, cause of Living World" not count anymore, because Living World has now until the release of HoT for now a long break (again) for sure of several months, if not longer.

So ANet has now plenty time again to focus on alot of other things that have been ignored for too long.
So their teams, which were responsible for the living world content, can all focus now on other projects, while the team(s), which was all the time in background working on oT can continue on that

Alot of things in this game simply said could need some more polishing

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

So their teams, which were responsible for the living world content, can all focus now on other projects, while the team(s), which was all the time in background working on oT can continue on that

Assuming that there has been a team working on HoT for a very long time now. As far as we know, HoT development could have started relatively recently, and what the “background team” was working on was the stuff we have seen in Gem Store.

Capitol City.4856

Assuming that there has been a team working on HoT for a very long time now. As far as we know, HoT development could have started relatively recently, and what the “background team” was working on was the stuff we have seen in Gem Store.

I really really doubt that :P

Anyways, they already said they were going to be updating until the expansion, so as for your doubts in that matter, I’m not too worried. The original two questions I asked were details regarding those updates. It would just be nice to know.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Will be interesting if we get any festivals at all. If expac starts immediately where the LS ended, there’s no time lag for a festival to fit into the in game timeline. They may add it in anyway, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t see any.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Interesting. I missed that announcement and was wondering. It’s going to be a long dry spell if it’s several months till the expansion starts.

At this point all we can probably hope for is SAB

- Living World Season 1 in the Story Journal

I’m starting to give up hope of seeing that any time soon. Maybe after HoT? But mosdt likely they’ll just start working on the next thing.

- fixed PS (Orr in the right order and with the greatest fear plotline)

This is something that seems more likely, since they only need to undo what they did

- Arah Story Revamp (Not much hope here but I think if it comes it comes in the same patch as LW S1)

They’ve had just over 2 years to do it. This is even less likely than S1 I’m afraid.

I heard they were redoing season 1 from more than a few sources

The only source I know about was from the start of S2 where they said they’d like to but currently didn’t have anyone working on it.

Remember that last year ArenaNet slowed update release significantly because they were busy with the preparations for releasing GW2 in China. It’s likely that they will be even more busy now, so I would expect even less than what we got back then.

(Ergo, nothing.)

Which makes me wonder about the time-line for when they decided to do HoT and started working on it. Somehow I kinda feel that if they could have arranged it so that Season 2 went on up until just before HoTs release that would have been ideal (maybe they had development delays? Maybe they only started working on it just after S2 started?). The problem now is that we’re essentially in a position where we can’t expect to see any new content. Hopefully ANet will start releasing HoT details at least, otherwise we’ll be in a position where we have no content and no idea what there is to look forward to. Not to mention that we’ve already had several long release breaks already.

I really really doubt that :P

And I do hope you’re right.

Capitol City.4856

Two weeks after season 2 ended they released a balance patch, which was probably to let us know that they’re still on a two week schedule (or maybe I’m just assuming things I really want :P ) so theoretically we should see a new patch around the 10th…? We’ll see whether they release another balance patch, maybe something a little cooler, or nothing at all. I wouldn’t mind all that much though, all I really want is some answers as to what to expect. The issue I’m having is that the fact that they haven’t said anything about it probably means they don’t want to say anything that’ll make us upset :/ which probably means that we’re not going to be seeing anything to keep us busy any time soon. Only time can tell, next week will give us some answers at least regardless of what happens.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I would be so happy if they made season 1 replayable. I rushed through it without reading/listening to any of thw story and would love the chance to play it again.

Capitol City.4856

I’m almost sure they will, I’m guessing it’ll probably come out with HoT or soon after. Unfortunately that doesn’t address the BEFORE HoT questions, which is why I made this thread :P

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They better release something during this time. >.>

Here we are now, entertain us!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Rebuilding LA and after that having a dragon bash would be nice

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Rebuilding LA and after that having a dragon bash would be nice

If LA is going to be rebuilt, it’ll probably happen in HoT.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

A celebration like Dragon Bash would probably be in poor taste considering the entire Pact fleet just got blown up.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

The updates is in development so they can’t talk about them or give a release schedule.

Posted by: Veneratio.1980

Veneratio.1980

No Tuesday, news day?

I was kinda expecting some news about what we might be getting next week to tide us over.

Please be SAB. Please be SAB. Please be SAB.

Capitol City.4856

No Tuesday, news day?

I was kinda expecting some news about what we might be getting next week to tide us over.

Please be SAB. Please be SAB. Please be SAB.

Yeah, I don’t mind if the news was vague, I just thought they would have filled us in somewhat by now. I also suspect that if they’re going to release the SAB before HoT, they’ll save it for this April 1st.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

If Anet is able to slot back in some aspects of LS1 (I’m looking at you Marionette) I’d be a happy panda

Capitol City.4856

I’m thinking, since we had that raid CDI a while back, that when the marionette makes a return that it’ll come back as a raid of some sort.

But back to the two original questions, has there been an update on this?

Posted by: sneakyfox.9804

sneakyfox.9804

They don’t seem to be giving us any info on this any time soon. What I suggest is that we wait until this Tuesday (when the next update would be coming out) to see if any new patches comes out, and if it doesn’t then we pick up on asking questions. We could have our questions answered for us in a few days here.

Capitol City.4856

WoodenPotatoes just said on his most recent video that there WILL be an update this Tuesday, although he didn’t specify what kind (so it could just be another balance update, but I find that unlikely). Cross your fingers, everyone