Upgarde Extractor price is too high

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Hi there!
As it’s stated, price of this item is incredible high. But not “just high”, but high in comparison with profit what it can give to me.
Ok, I’ll explain.
This item price is 250 gems. I can exchange 28-30 gold for 250 gems. Or, if I’m buying gems directly, I can sell my 250 gems for 48-50 gold. (All just checked in current exchange values)
Also, what a reason to use Upgrade extractor? If I want to save my item and upgrades both. Or if I want to extract upgrades from some kind “unsalvagable” items, like karma items, etc.

What is most expensive items? Legendaries sure. But, if I want to swap upgrades I can just install new, so previous will be lost.
What is most expensive upgrades?
Weapon sigils: Generosity (80+ gold), Karka Slaying (28+ gold) and Bursting (15+ gold)
Armor runes: Exuberance (13+ gold)
Infusions: +14 per 928 gold, +13 per 450 gold, +12 per 200 gold and so on

As we can see, there is only 2 upgrades what is worth to buy Upgrade extractor for weapons, absolutely not worth for armor and has a huge profit to extract infusions. But, so big agony resistance usually installed in the special PVE-gear, so I’m doubt it will be need to extract some when.

So, there is nearly no profits from buying Upgrade Extracor. If you will lower it’s price – you’ll get a far more sales of this item.
I’ll suggest the new price of 100 or even 50 gems for extractor.

Thanks.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

agreed even without all the maths :P

Naz ©

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

The extractor is only supposed to be used on items which you cannot salvage.

And as you note, that means gear bought with Karma or Ascended/Legendary gear. The former case (karma armor) has been pretty much made moot due to the Wardrobe and Soldier’s gear being available outside of karma/dungeons.

As for Ascended: It’s the freaking endgame gear, you’re not supposed to be swapping stuff in and out.

SilverWF.4789

The extractor is only supposed to be used on items which you cannot salvage.

And as you note, that means gear bought with Karma or Ascended/Legendary gear. The former case (karma armor) has been pretty much made moot due to the Wardrobe and Soldier’s gear being available outside of karma/dungeons.

As for Ascended: It’s the freaking endgame gear, you’re not supposed to be swapping stuff in and out.

In fact, it’s not. You are wrong here.

What a reason to extract something from karma gear if I can buy this runes nearly for nothing? What a reason to extract something from Acc gear if I can just buy new upgrades and install it?

Wow, where is this stated? In the EULA? I can do everything what I want with my gear.

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The extractor was only thought ro remove infusions, because at the time we got it we could simply use transmutation to move runes and sigills from unsalvageable items.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

If they lower the price to 50gems we would see lot of use of this item atm it just taking space in the gem store.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

It is a ridiculous amount for a one use item, what they need to do is make wvw/karma gear salvageable for upgrades, I dont care about any freaking ectos or inscriptions. I just want my kitten upgrades back. There is no rune or sigil that is worth 250 gems at the current gem prices. For those very expensive infusions fine, but thats still very expensive. But consider how many people have those infusions, then consider how many people would love an affordable way to get upgrades back from karma/wvw gear. This has been going on to long anet, get your qol team on it.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

It would be pointless to lower the gem price so its profitable to exchange gold to gems and then extract a rune/sigil.
IF that was the case, everybody would be doing it until the gold/gem ratio goes so high and the prices for the runes/sigils go so low, that its not profitable anymore.

IT was intended for high value agony infusions (which will be account bound anyways after extracting) and maybe utility infusions which have a high laurel price.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

You do realize they want people to buy the 25 use Upgrade Extractor, right? Granted, that only reduces the price per use from 250 to 200, but that’s the intention.

SilverWF.4789

You do realize they want people to buy the 25 use Upgrade Extractor, right? Granted, that only reduces the price per use from 250 to 200, but that’s the intention.

200? they need to reduce it down to 50 – that’s a real price.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

IT was intended for high value agony infusions (which will be account bound anyways after extracting) and maybe utility infusions which have a high laurel price.

How do you know the intent behind it?

It works for ALL upgrades not just infusions. If it was only meant for infusions it would be called an Infusion Extractor.

Regardless…the cost of it makes it not worth using for anything besides two upgrades and infusions.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Ok… So it’s not worth using in its current state (to you) so don’t use it.
If Anet wanted people to use this on their runes than they would be cheaper, obviously they’re intended for extremely expensive or difficult to replace upgrades and not for something that can be replaced with ease.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Due to their prices they are basically pointless. The only upgrades I can think of worth using it on would be the superior sigil of generosity. As much as +14 infusions cost, them of themselves are pointless as 70 ar is maximum needed for any agony and that can be achieved w/o the costly upgrades.

So if they were intended for high level infusion, then why are high level infusions basically pointless?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

This item price is 250 gems. I can exchange 28-30 gold for 250 gems. Or, if I’m buying gems directly, I can sell my 250 gems for 48-50 gold. (All just checked in current exchange values)

you have that backwards. current prices:
45g -> 250 gems
250 gems -> 30g

which means that, for the price of an upgrade extractor, you could convert those gems to gold and buy about 4+ of whatever you wanted to extract.
UE is not intended as a way to recoup your cost. It’s intended as a way to recoup your update item. We demanded a way to recover upgrades now that Tstones were removed, and they gave us something that could never be exploited.
Use them for high-value infusions and generosity sigils and nothing else.
I can’t even say I’d change much about them if I could. You don’t really want people buying 1g UEs, because then the price of every expensive rune and sigil would be 1g as they’d never be removed from the game. The only reasonable alternative would be that anything extracted would be account-bound. I’d probably prefer that option, but only just barely.

So if they were intended for high level infusion, then why are high level infusions basically pointless?

min/maxing. if you had +14 infusions, you would only need 5 to get 70AR (instead of 14 x +5’s), leaving all the other infusion slots open to get stat/wvw bonus infusions. that’s 45 extra stats and 9% extra dmg or dmg reduction from wvw guards.

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Gem Shop prices are based on the 80 gems for $1. Exchange bought gem price is never considered when pricing an item.

As soon as you try to use that argument, you’ve failed. Now if you want to say $3.13 is way too much for a single use item, I agree.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Gem Shop prices are based on the 80 gems for $1. Exchange bought gem price is never considered when pricing an item.

As soon as you try to use that argument, you’ve failed. Now if you want to say $3.13 is way too much for a single use item, I agree.

sorry, no one is using that specific argument. the argument being used is: if you took those 250 gems and turned them into gold, you could buy 3-10 of whatever you would want to extract (instead of just getting 1 from extracting it)
so even if you buy gems with RL $, you’re still recommended not to use it. (unless you’re removing expensive infusions)

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

I figure it’s only intended to address edge cases- that it’s meant to provide an absolute limit to the cost of moving an upgrade that you own rather than being more generally useful.

It’s always there, so you always have the choice to pay that $3ish if a particular upgrade is irreplaceable through normal play. It’s somewhat unpredictable when a market condition or game mechanic change could suddenly make something expensive or even impossible to acquire, and when/if that ever happens you have this option to fall back on.

Currently there are only a tiny number of upgrades this applies to- which means everything is probably working as intended. My assumption is that it is not intended to be an item used in anything but the most extreme, probably even unforeseen cases. If it became generally useful it would mean something has broken in terms of upgrade values. Either it would mean the extractor was priced too low, making moderately priced upgrades too commonly available, or the upgrades themselves became priced too high.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

sorry, no one is using that specific argument. the argument being used is: if you took those 250 gems and turned them into gold, you could buy 3-10 of whatever you would want to extract (instead of just getting 1 from extracting it)
so even if you buy gems with RL $, you’re still recommended not to use it. (unless you’re removing expensive infusions)

No by saying the price is too high they are still looking at it from a gold perspective and not a dollar one. You can never use gold in an argument about Gem Shop item costs because ANet doesn’t bother to take the exchange, either way, into consideration when setting the price.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

They should though b/c players do and they are the ones that made gems convertible to gold and vice versa. It’s kinda common sense or very logical if you prefer.

Serenity now~Insanity later