Upset with transmutation

Upset with transmutation

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xFeiXue.2649

xFeiXue.2649

So I hadn’t been on in a few months. Just spent a couple hours trying to get the Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings, and muted them over onto a lower level back piece for an alt. The problem is that apparently, transmutation now soulbinds items. What the hell is the purpose behind this, and is there anything I can do about it now?

Upset with transmutation

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

I think it needs to be a “white” item. Not sure if it works with blues. If you are really in a bind, I think the gem store backpieces come with a default “statless” backpiece that you should be able to transmute to to accountbound rather than soulbound the item

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

Upset with transmutation

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

ARRGH!!! I made a whole bible for you But ‘Something wen’t wrong and it all disappeared

Owell SHort story…

It is said that you can get a backpack set from TP for a fe gold and unpack it and use transmigation stone at the wings and backpack to get it to account bound.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Upset with transmutation

xFeiXue.2649

Thanks for the help, guys. I was about to try it until my LAN card decided to flop on me >_>
Will keep posted on whether it works or not.

Upset with transmutation

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

Yeah!

I saw the problem with the transmute and decided to soul bind the wings to a character they look OK on and that needed a new back piece.

To me the wings should have been an item not a skin to apply to an item and they should have been account bound from the start.

I have not looked at gem store bought wings. Personally, I am off put from buying wings (or other cosmetics) from the store because it seems unfair to me that we players are asked to buy something that is more or less the same cosmetically as a reward we had to work for just so as to have an account bound rather than soul bound item.

So! I’ll stick to the wings earned in game and be happy.

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

Upset with transmutation

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

I think the main problem would be… non-soulbound back items don’t exist, as such even if you transmute to a White/blue backpiece the result would be the same, the only exception to this however is the wintersday backpack, which is account-bound (even thought it’s a rare), some people, due to some problems with the distribution of the item, managed to get 2 (1 of those is me).

I managed to experiment with the transmutation with the spare copy I had and resulted in another account bound backpack (used the engineer-character-creation backpack skin at that time).

Upset with transmutation

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

I think the main problem would be… non-soulbound back items don’t exist, as such even if you transmute to a White/blue backpiece the result would be the same …

What about gem store back items. For example, the quaggan backpiece. When you buy this in the gem store, there are two parts – a statless backpiece and a quaggan skin. I do not know for sure, but I am pretty sure that the statless backpiece is accountbound. Theoretically, you should be able to transmute the wing skin to that.

If I am completely wrong, let me know. I am at work so cannot test for myself

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

Upset with transmutation

xFeiXue.2649

It doesn’t seem to work. The backpack requires an item to cover, unless I’m missing something with how to use the statless back piece.

Upset with transmutation

xFeiXue.2649

Oh my god, you are kittening amazing. Not only did I get the wings transferred, I can also wear them now despite being lower level than any regular back piece. YOU ARE AMAZING <3
EDIT: Oops. Got a little out of hand with the praise. Although apparently the F word becomes kitten?

Upset with transmutation

Posted by: pave.6901

pave.6901

Transmutate it with a “Account bound” item