Use for Ascended Armor?

Use for Ascended Armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bishop.5723

Bishop.5723

I know many people are waiting for the Ascended Armor that was supposed to come out before the end of the year, but I find myself asking what is the point? Everything can be ran with Exotics now and Ascended will just make it easier with the fact most content was not balanced against it. Will we be getting new and more difficult content? Thoughts?

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Will we be getting new and more difficult content?

Opposing WvW players who have ascended armor.

(edited by Terra Dactyl.2047)

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

My hope is that it can be infused or equipped with agony resistance! I would go for ascended armors just so I can do higher tier fractals that are supposedly coming soon.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Will we be getting new and more difficult content?

This is the major flaw in raising stats and ever increasing numbers in games nowadays…its just a huge CON and more and more players know this.

So your stats increase by a 100, well guess what Anet or any other developer increase your foes stats by a 100+. So effectively that new armour you spent 100’s of hours grinding was just a big waste of your time…

Plus any players who don’t keep up get left out in the cold and give up the game/move on to another.

The constantly increasing stats and ever bigger numbers is a discredited con trick in gaming and its days are numbered…

Fortunately, Anet seem to have come to this conclusion as well, with them indicating future character progression will come via more/new skills/traits.

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Ascended gear in general is not needed for PvE content, they are pretty much like legendaries, something extra to work on if you feel like it.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: PraetorMortis.8610

PraetorMortis.8610

I’m not sure ascended armor has any value beyond being a carrot on a stick for OCD players who can’t do math. From what I’ve seen of it, it has NO infusion slots. It’s just regular armor but pink instead of orange.

For those worried about it in WvW: the shoulders, boots, and gloves are 35/25/25 vs the 34/24/24 of exotic gear. The coat is 106/75/75 compared to the 101/72/72 exotic. If a guy with less than +20 more to a stat can beat you, it’s not a gear issue. It looks like a full set of ascended armor will provide less power increase than a single stack of might.

If it’s a chore to get it, I don’t see the point. If it’s agony resist you need for future fractals, I believe they want you to craft infusions with the new drop items.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m not sure ascended armor has any value beyond being a carrot on a stick for OCD players who can’t do math. From what I’ve seen of it, it has NO infusion slots. It’s just regular armor but pink instead of orange.

For those worried about it in WvW: the shoulders, boots, and gloves are 35/25/25 vs the 34/24/24 of exotic gear. The coat is 106/75/75 compared to the 101/72/72 exotic. If a guy with less than +20 more to a stat can beat you, it’s not a gear issue. It looks like a full set of ascended armor will provide less power increase than a single stack of might.

If it’s a chore to get it, I don’t see the point. If it’s agony resist you need for future fractals, I believe they want you to craft infusions with the new drop items.

What’s the armor increase? Ascended weaponry had significant increases in the damage stat of the weapon itself.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

What’s the armor increase? Ascended weaponry had significant increases in the damage stat of the weapon itself.

for heavy

helm – 127 vs 121
shoulder – 127 vs 121
coat – 381 vs 362
glove – 191 vs 182
pants – 254 vs 242
feet – 191 vs 182

that’s assuming the datamined wupwup ascended chat codes are accurate (which is questionable considering they have TPP stats rather than celestial (wupwup)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Ascendeds have 5% higher stats than Exotics.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

It’s just some grinding to keep players busy until next Scarlet episode.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Well lets all start complaing about something ingame ok? Well see ya tonight ingame

I reallly want the ascended armor, it has some very fabulous parts i want

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Ascended amor will make use of enchancing us roamers to give us an edge when we fight outnumbered against people with exotic mostly Or rangers hahahaha XDDDDDDDD

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Lord Kuru.3685

for heavy

helm – 127 vs 121
shoulder – 127 vs 121
coat – 381 vs 362
glove – 191 vs 182
pants – 254 vs 242
feet – 191 vs 182

that’s assuming the datamined wupwup ascended chat codes are accurate (which is questionable considering they have TPP stats rather than celestial (wupwup)

So the difference is 61 more points you can move to other stats (power, precision, etc). IMO small, but not insignificant.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Protoavis.9107

for heavy

helm – 127 vs 121
shoulder – 127 vs 121
coat – 381 vs 362
glove – 191 vs 182
pants – 254 vs 242
feet – 191 vs 182

So the difference is 61 more points you can move to other stats (power, precision, etc). IMO small, but not insignificant.

61 is the increase in base armor value, nothing to do with stats. But again given that the chat codes are for wupwup but don’t have the stats related to wupwup I don’t personally hold much value in the stats or armor value being accurate.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

You also forgot that they’re fugly as sin.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

All the more reason to buy transmutation stones.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Protoavis.9107

well heavy and light

medium’s pretty decent, the top will likely be on quite a few toons at the least with it not being a trench coat.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The question is, after everyone has Ascended armor what comes next? Descended?

Use for Ascended Armor?

Lord Kuru.3685

for heavy

helm – 127 vs 121
shoulder – 127 vs 121
coat – 381 vs 362
glove – 191 vs 182
pants – 254 vs 242
feet – 191 vs 182

61 is the increase in base armor value, nothing to do with stats. But again given that the chat codes are for wupwup but don’t have the stats related to wupwup I don’t personally hold much value in the stats or armor value being accurate.

But as I understand it, your armor value is Toughness + Defense. So with Ascended armor, your Defense is going up by 61, which means you can reduce your Toughness by that amount and move it to other stats.

As for the set being wupwup, the Defense stat shouldn’t be affected by the set type, only by whether the gear is heavy, medium or light.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Protoavis.9107

My point about the wupwup is the stats are wrong so it’s a bit odd to place value in the defense value’s either. I wouldn’t be surprised if both are inaccurate.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I think the main point is actually…Fine…Transmutation…Stones…

\||||||/
O°v°O

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

well heavy and light

medium’s pretty decent, the top will likely be on quite a few toons at the least with it not being a trench coat.

I like the medium armor, it’s like a tunic instead of a coat. Good enough since Anet will never drop their man-skirt fetish.

Too bad it makes my male Sylvari’s butt look huge. Must be another fetish.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Use for Ascended Armor?

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

From a design point of view, the ascended armor doesn’t really make sense. If extra AR (infusion slots) is needed anywhere for new content it is just likely to be a gateway that excludes the majority of the player population. Game content will presumably be possible with exotic armor still. So this really only seems like WvW players coming to grind PvE for better armor, which makes no sense at all, or PvE players grinding for better armor to be faster at doing game content that they can already do (fast).