Use for Ascended Magi?

Use for Ascended Magi?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

RNG “blessed” me with a Magi weapon chest. And I reaaally do not want to waste it.

I have every class maxed except mesmer and ele. Is there ANY use that I can get out of this?

Because magi…

Though I have been thinking of making an ele if that is any consolation

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

(edited by OptimistPrime.9283)

Use for Ascended Magi?

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

With those sort of crapshot stats, I’d use it as an underwater weapon purely for the damage boosters. Ascended hits about 100 more on average base attacks, and underwater fights don’t ever matter. That being said, make it a spear or something. IMHO.

Use for Ascended Magi?

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

I run a support build on my ele with magi stats with celestial trinkets. I wouldn’t say it’s the most optimal thing in the world but it works for me.

But as adula said if anything use it for an underwater weapon unless you want to run a support based healing build.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

(edited by Travis the Terrible.4739)

Use for Ascended Magi?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its a good fill in combo there no way to get vit and precision other then Magi. So its not bad on the low hp class that can do dmg the healing is a nice add. So say gurds or ele maybe even thf (i am not sure about that one).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Use for Ascended Magi?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Where does this sort of loot drop? I’ve never seen a weapon chest, and my guildie who does loads of champ trains never has either.

As for the topic: I’m sure whatever decision that gets made is going to be for the best

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Use for Ascended Magi?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Where does this sort of loot drop? I’ve never seen a weapon chest, and my guildie who does loads of champ trains never has either.

As for the topic: I’m sure whatever decision that gets made is going to be for the best

I think nearly any thing can drop it but GM fractals wvw rank up chest and the 2 raid boss mobs i think can drop them more likely though the raid bosses drop ones that have there own effects to them. But over all they are very very very rare drops that or you just craft them your self.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Use for Ascended Magi?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Just transmute the skin onto a second zoija weapon or something so that you can have two of the same ascended zerk weapons but easily recognise which one has which sigil based off of what color it is. That’s what I did when I got a shaman weapon chest. Now I know first glance which axe has sigil of battle and which has sigil of undead slaying.

Use for Ascended Magi?

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Just transmute the skin onto a second zoija weapon or something so that you can have two of the same ascended zerk weapons but easily recognise which one has which sigil based off of what color it is. That’s what I did when I got a shaman weapon chest. Now I know first glance which axe has sigil of battle and which has sigil of undead slaying.

Why are using sigil of undead slaying? You running arah all day or what?

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Use for Ascended Magi?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I think nearly any thing can drop it but GM fractals wvw rank up chest and the 2 raid boss mobs i think can drop them more likely though the raid bosses drop ones that have there own effects to them. But over all they are very very very rare drops that or you just craft them your self.

Ah, okay thanks.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Use for Ascended Magi?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

magi is good for vampiric build, i think…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Use for Ascended Magi?

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I got a drop box with similar craptastic stats. Instead of trying to work it into a build at the expense of losing valuable stats, I didn’t give a second thought to transmuting the skin to an exotic staff that my elementalist uses. It looks so perfect with her armor and, considering the stat difference, I really didn’t lose anything. Don’t try to force it onto a char just because it’s ascended, but you might find a ‘SKIN’ that looks rather impressive on one of your toons.

Use for Ascended Magi?

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Healing power as a major? White skin best skin!

And that’s about all, a skin.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Use for Ascended Magi?

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

Thank you for the responses everyone!

I made this thread before I looked up the color of its skin. I will probably be making a Zojja weapon and transmuting the Magi skin onto it.

Because that white ascended skin is wonderful.

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing