Use transmutes to rename items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Trojan.1839

Trojan.1839

After the last patch many of my items reverted back to generic names. My Ebon great sword became a generic zerker pearl battle great sword of blah and my Knowledge is Power is now a pearl conch of force. Being that GW2 puts much emphasis on tweaking things like skins, colors and such I would like to see the new transmutes expanded to allow for item name changes. I would be willing to use a full charge just to change an item name in addition t the charge for re skinning.

Its a win win. We get to pick our own gear names and ANET gets to sell more transmutes

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

It would make me feel a little like I got taken. But I’d go for it if I got to pick the name at random and dups were allowed.

Thinking about it more Guilds might like having the ability to name stuff anyway. Like “<Guild’s> PileDriver”

An excellent idea OP. Certainly better than living with my LongBow_of_AnnoyingName

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

I just posted something similar on a different thread, but…

I think it’s a matter of pride. Getting unique weapons is certainly an accomplishment, but the wardrobe system had the potential to allow for simple clones. Now if you pull a named exotic, you can equip it, and if someone asks you to ping your gear then they’ll all see that you have a legitimate named weapon. So now when I see someone with “Twilight” but it reads “Pearl Greatsword of <x>” I snicker a little.

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Hi there!

We’re collecting feedback about the Wardrobe System in a dedicated main-thread in order to make it easier to follow. Please make sure to post your comments, questions and concerns there. You are very welcome to repost your feedback in it:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Wardrobe-Transmutation-Outfits/page/16#post3942461

Thank you!