Vendor All Minor Runes

Vendor All Minor Runes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Icethorn.6570

Icethorn.6570

The Vendors should have an option which allows the player to quickly vendor all the Minor Runes and Sigils in their inventory.

Besides being a button at the merchant you could also put a UI option when you right click on a minor rune or sigil that says “Vendor all minor”

This would greatly alleviate trash in a player’s inventory.

Constantly salvaging leaves lots of this sort of unnecessary junk behind. No one uses them anymore. Just see how many are sitting unpurchased in the TP. Some Minor Runes like Grenth are up to 42,000 wasted runes sitting the TP which no one wants.

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: thuras.4537

thuras.4537

would be a nice option, they always clog up my inventory after salvaging

Seeing a Charr burn gives a whole new perspective to the word charcoal

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

It would be nice if somehow we could flag them as junk, so with one click they would be removed with the rest of the largely useless items.

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: jujoco.4853

jujoco.4853

+1 to this!
It would be another way to reduce clicking
I also get my inventory clogged with runes and sigils and it’s very annoying to have to click them all to sell
Maybe like the salvage all button that you can click: “sell all green / blue etc”?

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Griffin.5379

Griffin.5379

OR just add an option to set certain items/groups as “junk item” so they can be sold by the already existing button

also this belongs in the QoL Feature Thread.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/QoL-Suggestions-merged/first

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It would be nice if somehow we could flag them as junk, so with one click they would be removed with the rest of the largely useless items.

I don’t want them flagged as ‘junk’ — the game’s nomenclature is confusing enough without letting us redefine it.

Instead, I’d like to see it work more like the right-click on salvage kits:

• Sell all junk
  • Sell all minor runes|sigils.
  • Sell all player-defined trash (which would be chosen in the [f11] panel’s list of options)
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It takes me maybe 10sec each day to sell my green sigils and runes, all less than 10 of them. Seriously count how many in a day you get. Do it and then list the number here and maybe time how long it takes to sell them.

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I like this idea but its really “treating the symptom” solution. It be better if they weren’t useless to the point we have to vendor them.

I really hope that a sigil/rune rework is coming down the pipes to where you can unlock a rune/sigil by salvaging or equipping a weapon/armor with it. Then whenever you go to salvage anything with a rune or sigil it gives you a single type of material as currency to switch them freely.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I just reserve the bottom bag for junk and whatever I consider junk goes there. Then when I go to the vendor I just click on anything in that bag. Sure, extra clicks, but it goes fast.

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

It takes me maybe 10sec each day to sell my green sigils and runes, all less than 10 of them. Seriously count how many in a day you get. Do it and then list the number here and maybe time how long it takes to sell them.

Less than 10? I sell about 100 or so per day.

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

From the July AMA:

Has there been consideration given to being able to flag minor runes and sigils as junk? Or a similar solution.

We have talked about a salvaging system for runes and sigils for years, but it’s a rather large project, larger than you might expect, so we haven’t gotten to it.

We have had some discussions on possible changes we could make to reduce the inventory clutter of these, but haven’t settled on a solution yet. In the meantime, we set up the Bloodstone Fen rewards to try and give comparable rewards with less inventory management required.

Hopefully that gives you some peace of mind that minor sigil/rune clutter is a problem they’re pondering…

~EW

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Red Rover.9810

Red Rover.9810

Or better yet, change the loot tables so that at level 80 instead of dropping blue/green gear have crafting materials drop instead. Blue/green level 80 gear is completely worthless since no one will ever use it.

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

they are worthless anyway shouldnt even come out of salavage. Salvage 10 items 5 new worthless runes take up the inventory spot right away.

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Yeah, I’m about the same.

As Was Na mentioned above a Sell all minor sigils|runes would be a blessing.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

(edited by Endless Soul.5178)

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I don’t want them flagged as ‘junk’ — the game’s nomenclature is confusing enough without letting us redefine it.

Instead, I’d like to see it work more like the right-click on salvage kits:

• Sell all junk
  • Sell all minor runes|sigils.
  • Sell all player-defined trash (which would be chosen in the [f11] panel’s list of options)

Something ‘we’ could flag, in the options somewhere or similar. Not something they do across the board.

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

So stop using the 25% upgrade extraction kits on everything?

You need to recount how many you salvage in a day because 100 is not realistic unless you are farming AB for 5 hrs a day or something.

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So stop using the 25% upgrade extraction kits on everything?

You need to recount how many you salvage in a day because 100 is not realistic unless you are farming AB for 5 hrs a day or something.

Does it really matter if it’s 10 or 100? It doesn’t bother me to sell minors, but it clearly drives some people bonkers. They’d love any sort of solution that removes the headache.

I mostly don’t want the solution to be too specific about minor runes, though, because:

• everyone has their own definition of ‘junk’
  • i’m hoping that anet is going to address the vendor value of major & minor upgrades (my preference is: a different system for building high-value runes, but just offering sinks of any kind would be useful)
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Vendor All Minor Runes

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I would like to see the runes themselves salvage into market-based in-demand leather and cloth.

It could have a, say, 50% chance (or 100% chance) of salvaging into the currently most expensive/lowest supply leather/cloth. So if you are starting with a copper-fed at 20% chance to get a sigil, its a 10% chance to get one additional material.

Or it could be random, but then that is still increasing the over-supply of materials that are not in demand, such as silk and gossamer, whereas T6 leather is extremely low supply for the demand and this system would increase T6 leather until the supply catches up, then something else will be lower and it would be increased.