Vendor Ascended Gear?

Vendor Ascended Gear?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

I went to equip my ascended mace yesterday and noticed it was missing from my inventory! Unless this is some obscure bug, I’m guessing I accidentally sold it to a vendor. I’m usually quite careful, but given the sheer amount of garbage you have to constantly clear out of your inventory in this game, the odds of an accident like this happening are relatively high.

Why can you even still sell ascended weapons to a vendor? It made sense prior to the introduction of ascended salvaging kits, but now it seems like it’s there just to cause players grief. The invisible bags don’t seem like a great solution since my weapons get scattered about my inventory as I switch them out.

I’m bummed. I don’t want to have to spend a bunch of gold to make another mace. Anet, please remove ascended weapons and armor from the vendor list!

Vendor Ascended Gear?

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

You have the Safe Box as a valid option to utilize. Put all your most valuable stuff you don’t want to sell in there, and then you don’t have to worry about it.

~EW

Vendor Ascended Gear?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

It’s pretty hard to miss the bright pink text on ascended items though, unless you vendor everything like a madman, lol. I wish I could get back all of the asc weapons I vendored for 1g because the stats were useless at the time.

Did you submit a ticket? If not, do so ASAP. They usually sort out things like this pretty quickly.

Vendor Ascended Gear?

cthaeh.2168

You have the Safe Box as a valid option to utilize. Put all your most valuable stuff you don’t want to sell in there, and then you don’t have to worry about it.

~EW

I suppose I should just buy one to try it out. Like I said, I’m constantly switching out my weapon set, so my weapons get scattered about my inventory. It seems pretty cumbersome to have to remember to move all your weapons into that bag prior to selling anything, but maybe in practice it’s not so bad.

Vendor Ascended Gear?

cthaeh.2168

It’s pretty hard to miss the bright pink text on ascended items though, unless you vendor everything like a madman, lol. I wish I could get back all of the asc weapons I vendored for 1g because the stats were useless at the time.

Did you submit a ticket? If not, do so ASAP. They usually sort out things like this pretty quickly.

Yeah, this is the first time it’s happened to me since ascended weapons were released. I always check the buyback tab after selling to confirm I didn’t accidentally sell something, too. Dunno, maybe I was tired.

I did submit a ticket, but having never submitted one before I’m not sure what to expect. Not sure how forgiving they are with these kinds of mistakes.

Vendor Ascended Gear?

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

~EW

I suppose I should just buy one to try it out. Like I said, I’m constantly switching out my weapon set, so my weapons get scattered about my inventory. It seems pretty cumbersome to have to remember to move all your weapons into that bag prior to selling anything, but maybe in practice it’s not so bad.

It might take some getting used to, but I find it quite useful. I usually keep 1 on every character to hold food, lewt bags I want to wait to open, looted rares/exotics to MF later, and other misc sundries. I have one character with 2 safe boxes… the second I use for his second set of equipment to swap out builds when I need/want.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Vendor Ascended Gear?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I find support is usually pretty understanding, especially when it’s your first time having a mess up like this. Hopefully they can restore your item.

Vendor Ascended Gear?

cthaeh.2168

I find support is usually pretty understanding, especially when it’s your first time having a mess up like this. Hopefully they can restore your item.

Support got back to me and was able to send me a replacement mace! They are amazing.

Vendor Ascended Gear?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Support got back to me and was able to send me a replacement mace! They are amazing.

Yay! And definitely consider the invisible bag/safe box option others mentioned above. It saves you from having these accidental vendor issues (most of the time, anyway).

Vendor Ascended Gear?

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I use my copper fed salvage kit for green and lower items and silver fed kit for rare or higher. Sometimes I’m not paying attention and go to use the wrong kit on a rare item and it asks if I’m sure I want to salvage it. I choose ‘No’ and use the right kit for it.

What they could do for rare or higher items is have a confirmation window pop up when selling to a merchant/vendor, just like you get when salvaging rare or higher quality items. “Are you sure you want to sell this item?” It could solve the whole issue. And if you still sell it by accident then you really need to start paying attention more.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Vendor Ascended Gear?

Posted by: Will.6829

Will.6829

I use my copper fed salvage kit for green and lower items and silver fed kit for rare or higher. Sometimes I’m not paying attention and go to use the wrong kit on a rare item and it asks if I’m sure I want to salvage it. I choose ‘No’ and use the right kit for it.

What they could do for rare or higher items is have a confirmation window pop up when selling to a merchant/vendor, just like you get when salvaging rare or higher quality items. “Are you sure you want to sell this item?” It could solve the whole issue. And if you still sell it by accident then you really need to start paying attention more.

That surely can’t be hard to do.

Personally I find it more annoying to have a confirmation dialogue when buying Obsidian shards for karma (which I couldn’t care less about). And yet you can flog off an Ascended weapon for 1G instantly.

Never happened to me, but I’ve been close! (had to use buy back – phew!).

So yeah, just add a confirmation when selling exotic/ascended.

Vendor Ascended Gear?

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

That surely can’t be hard to do.

Personally I find it more annoying to have a confirmation dialogue when buying Obsidian shards for karma (which I couldn’t care less about). And yet you can flog off an Ascended weapon for 1G instantly.

Never happened to me, but I’ve been close! (had to use buy back – phew!).

So yeah, just add a confirmation when selling exotic/ascended.

Yeah. The problem with buying items back from a vendor is that if you switch to another map you lose it for good. It would be nice if the vendor buy back option stayed available as long as you’re logged into the game, with stuff being cleared out and lost after exiting the game.

There’s something charming about rangers.