Vendor all option for Minor Runes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Icethorn.6570

Icethorn.6570

Now that we have a Salvage All option for gear it tends to leave behind lots of minor runes which are worthless on the TP. It would be nice to have an option to Vendor All Minor Runes after we salvage.

You could also make a threshold for confirming which items to throw away. That way it doesn’t give me a confirmation every time I toss a useless Minor Rune from my inventory.

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

just make minor major runes salvageable into nothing

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

From the ama a couple days ago:

question:

Has there been consideration given to being able to flag minor runes and sigils as junk? Or a similar solution.

answers:

We have had some discussions on possible changes we could make to reduce the inventory clutter of these, but haven’t settled on a solution yet. In the meantime, we set up the Bloodstone Fen rewards to try and give comparable rewards with less inventory management required.

We have talked about a salvaging system for runes and sigils for years, but it’s a rather large project, larger than you might expect, so we haven’t gotten to it.

So, they’re aware of the problem with minor sigils/runes, and have been for a very long time. Your vendor-all idea for sigils/runes would circumvent the merchant system in place… probably a very difficult thing to program, too.

It was mentioned elsewhere in the ama that a lot of QoL changes are done on dev downtime… which I take as most QoL changes aren’t anything close to a priority in the dev to-do list.

~EW