Versatile mighty infusion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Versatile mighty infusion gives 5 power and 5 agony resistance. It can be put into defensive infusion slot in case you have no use for defensive stats on your character. Price of this infusion is quite high though: 100 passion flowers, 250 powerful bloods and 50 mystic coins which totals 250 gold with market rate.

Is 250 gold a fair price for 5 extra power?

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

They used to cost less to craft before, I doubt many think the price is fair especially with +5AR.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Stap.1025

Stap.1025

The cost and being +5 power isn’t the issue for me. It’s for those real hardcore min/maxers, so I’m basically relaxed about the cost. The problem IMO is that its only +5 AR, if it was +7 so you could use the same armour set in high level fractals then it would make far more sense.

I think I read a post recently though where a dev said that they have seen this is an issue and want to do something about it but the fix they designed at first had some very bad outcomes that they weren’t expecting. I got the impression this comes under the banner of “not as easy to fix as it should be”.

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

I was looking to get it for WvW and general PvE playing. Every bit of stats is helpful, but I don’t play fractals myself. I wish they would make a WvW version of this item with some +% guard damage like what regular WvW infusions have.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Time gated too if you’re gathering the flowers yourself.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blooming_Passiflora#Notes 1-2 Passion Flowers per node; can only be gathered from 3 times a day per account.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Passiflora 0-1 Passion Flower per day; can only mine 15 per day per account.

So at most you can get around 21 per day. So that’s about 5 days, give or take, per infusion you want to craft. About 30 days to make enough infusions for just your armor, another 25 or so for your trinkets, and up to another 20 days for 4 weapons if you go with 2 per set. So, it takes about as long, or longer, to craft these types of infusions as it does to craft ascended equipment.

And then there is the 50 mystic coins per infusion. Mystic coins have been a hot topic lately, mainly because people are running out of them due to legendary crafting and other things, and you have very limited resources to get mystic coins. (I believe ArenaNet is looking into it and going to come up with something, but don’t quote me on that.)

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Two things:
First, that is an Omni Infusion. It means it can be put in any Infusion slot, no just Defensive.
Second, it’s the price of the items you use in the Mystic Forge, not the price of the +5 Power (look the Moto’s one).