Very dissapointed with Guild Puzzle

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Areann.1304

Areann.1304

My guild has been very enthusiastic and optimistic about the guild missions. We went all out for them and yesterday completed Guild Puzzle. We had been looking forward to it for these couple of months. Unfortunately it’s not at all what we expected. Half of the people who participated really disliked it and said they will NEVER do it again. Only a few said they liked it.

We are always very prepared and organized for guild mission. Our numbers are between 40 and 60 people. We use teamspeak, explain tactics, give tasks to specific parties and all that. This allowed us to succeed in Guild Puzzle as a guild. But at least 2/3 participants could not finish the puzzle and did not get their rewards.

The problem is that the puzzle is very gated. To open every gate is a mini puzzle in itself. But the gates close again after a very short time. Since there are also jump to make, you have to individually start over when you miss a jump. The result is that the guild becomes scattered through all the stages of the Guild Puzzle. And everybody wants to advance, so basically we had to solve all the gate puzzles at the same time.

Think about six parties who are doing a difficult dungeon at the same time, within the same teamspeak channel. It’s absolute chaos, because everybody is giving out different orders.

Also, if you can’t jump, you can’t make it at all.

Link to Dulfy guide: http://dulfy.net/2013/04/28/gw2-guild-puzzles-guild-mission-guide/

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Can mesmers use portals inside Guild Puzzles?

Posted by: Boatdrinks.2546

Boatdrinks.2546

Yes.

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

We are always very prepared and organized for guild mission.

Think about six parties who are doing a difficult dungeon at the same time, within the same teamspeak channel. It’s absolute chaos, because everybody is giving out different orders.

Doesn’t sound organized at all.

Vayne.8563

Yes.

I would think the mesmers that can make it, after they get their reward, would go back and form parties in game with those who can’t make it, and help out. That’s how I’d try to organize it. I wouldn’t have everyone speaking in mumble, for sure.

This way, individuals could pair up.

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Honestly, it’s described as a combination of puzzle and jumping puzzle elements, so what exactly did you expect?

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Vayne.8563

Actually now that I think about it, each mesmer could technically party with four people, since they could all portal.

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

Yaayy another Mesmer do the dirty job meanwhile the rest of us just sit down and let the Mesmer breack they butt to portal us. Nice! That’s why I always say: I let my portal in my other Armor.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Some ppl simply hate puzzle and doing it with your guild will not changes this. Your disappointment should be with your guild mate not Anet.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

40-60 people at the same time and you don’t expect chaos?? Sounds strange to me, just do more runs with less people.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Stupor.2786

Stupor.2786

I think the point of this exercise is that it’s not supposed to go smoothly the first time through. You use the first run to discuss with your guild what went wrong and how to fix it. Identify guildies who are strong at this type of puzzle and use them to train your weaker members. Next time you run, ask for volunteers to stay back and help walk people through the parts they are having difficulty with. This is how you bond as a guild. It might take a few weeks or a few months but eventually the weaker ones will get better. Isn’t this what people have been moaning about in this forum for months, that there was a lack of things to do as guilds? So Arenanet gives you something challenging to do as a guild and you’re just gonna give up after one try?

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

We’ve done puzzles a few times and usually get 80%+ of our people through. I don’t think you can blame this on the puzzle.

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

The issue isnt how hard the challenge us but how easy it is to stop people playing, if you die you go back to the very start. and you need around 10 people per stage to do each part without issues so if you have less than that at any stage you get stuck and cant continue.

since its easy to get killed at certain areas its pretty easy for people to fall behind which means that a lot of players will get locked out

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Hmm… could have 2 chat programs up. Team speak with each party in a sepperate channel and then raid call for the leader of each party with a diff key bind for chatting between the two

Posted by: Areann.1304

Areann.1304

The big problem is that the gates close again, so all the puzzles have to be completed multiple times. That brings the chaos because people are working on different puzzles at the same time. Party’s don’t help because people fall dead and have to start over.

We approched this Puzzle the same way as all the other missions. I have seen some good ideas to improve our organization.

Posted by: kwalle.3674

kwalle.3674

And everybody wants to advance, so basically we had to solve all the gate puzzles at the same time.

I think that is the big essential thing of it, you need to cooperate and move as a guild, and not as individuals
Waiting till everyone is ready before opening doors that close soon after etc… (note that I have no idea how the guild puzzles are made, so I don’t know any details)

If everyone is trying to do the puzzle for himself, thinking only of the reward, then it’s (obviously) not going to end well…

Sword of Justice [SoJ]
Gunners Hold