Very good story and lore!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kenji Deathraven.2879

Kenji Deathraven.2879

Dear GW2 team,

I want to simply congratulate you for the awesome and immersive story and lore that you put from the season 2 to the current events.(I didn’t have the chance to play season 1 and the original story was OK also)
I was expecting a ’’simple’’ fantasy story like the other MMO have ( you good and that guy is bad …kill it …end of story)….but you guys nailed it!
Please keep the good work and thank you again for the chance to play this awesome game!

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

The story is actually what got me into the game (and mostly kept me here). I like the personal story missions overall.

Guild Wars’ world building is certainly amazing. A good deal of their writing is very tropesy and disconnected, however.

Posted by: Floating Pork.2185

Floating Pork.2185

Ill bump this up, too.

The S3 Story was exceptionally good and every Team did a great Job realizing it.
Every Team had great additions that really bumped up the storytelling and im looking Forward to seeing These more often!
(f.e. race/Job influenced gameplay/conversations)

Good Job!

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

The gw2 lore is idd excellent. Their story telling is abit on the ehh ide but if they follow up with some charr stuff they have teased from all the way back in se2 up until now in ep 4 ill take that back.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I agree completely.

I have a goal to play through all of the storyline missions, so I can see all of the intricacies of the story. I am just amazed at how many of the “random events” scattered over the map actually are tied to pieces of the main storyline.

It’s going to use 30 characters taken through at least level 20 missions (plus 10 through level 50 and 6 all the way to the end). But, it’s giving me a profound respect for what they’ve created, so I think it’s worth it.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior.

I often would turn off the PC, lights, put my pyjama shirt on and brush my teeth to go to bed – and read in the Wiki of both GW1 and GW2. When I heard some FF14 guy talking about “great storytelling” I almost chocked on my own laughter when I compare it to all the background in GW and its universe.

This game has a great set of races to play with and a bunch of great writers and well-executed ingame scenery makes this game so awesome. I am tired of this JRR Tolkien bullcrap of WoW or Sci-Fi stuff. The Final Fantasy series is just repeating itself and calls it “fan service” and turns into some ridiculous TV show-esque opera soap, I mean, Jesus Christ.

Guild Wars is great in that department.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Excelsior.

I often would turn off the PC, lights, put my pyjama shirt on and brush my teeth to go to bed – and read in the Wiki of both GW1 and GW2. When I heard some FF14 guy talking about “great storytelling” I almost chocked on my own laughter when I compare it to all the background in GW and its universe.

This game has a great set of races to play with and a bunch of great writers and well-executed ingame scenery makes this game so awesome. I am tired of this JRR Tolkien bullcrap of WoW or Sci-Fi stuff. The Final Fantasy series is just repeating itself and calls it “fan service” and turns into some ridiculous TV show-esque opera soap, I mean, Jesus Christ.

Guild Wars is great in that department.

I played some of GW1 been playing GW2 for almost 5 years and a few months ago I started playing FF14 and I can tell you that FF14 story is amazing. GW2 and FF14 for me are the best mmorpgs story wise and I can say that FF14 story is kinda better than GW2 but GW2 story is more unique.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

GW2’s story and Hollts videos are what makes me download the game and buy HoT