Very sad, close to rage wiping

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

Pretty simply I tried coming back to this game. I played a lot back in the day since early access but I have found every guild I had after the initial year or less was solo players or little cleeks unless there was a specific guild event. There was no helping each other unless folks were particularly good friends it seemed. So I have been struggling with a Living Story episode and my guildies basically are not interested.

I want to play the Living Story and its hard in bits to solo though Im sure many players persevere or are better than me but the game has been created to be such a way that has made people want to do their own thing mostly. If I cant get a guild who groups in the open world and help each other then I am wiping my characters.

Why wipe you may ask? Because each time I have come back I have grown more and more frustrated so I will take away that temptation next time. Everything I have will be ruined. I haven’t much gold but I have plenty other stuff.

Why Anet would you create a game that made people play like this? You have so many gameplay types such as PvP, WvW, dungeons, fractals, that in the open world, leveling and story instances most people I have known just solo. This is where I also want to play with others. I am quite depressed now anyway so that doesnt help my mood.

So Anet I just want to say where I am coming from. Whether you care I dont know and Im sure others will post how they are sick of leaving threads and others will make jokes about leaving them my stuff. Some will insult me, call me a whiner, a bad player, a care bear. I just wanted to play a game in community with companion players. I dont want to struggle to solo (and I managed to solo most of the main personal story too except the last part with Zaitan). I dont feel this game is happening for me now.

It seems the smaller gaming communities were always the more helpful. As games get bigger and more diverse its harder to find like minded people.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

(edited by joneb.5679)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you tried the LFG? Some people have success with that.

Good luck.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

2 things you could do,

look for a guild specific for the LS or small “family” type guilds, particularly new ones.

use the lfg when playing your instances, to find others to join you. You could also try asking in map.
_______
but, I suppose it’s easier to just go ..~wah~ not fair anet!.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Other than the final mission, the LS2 was fairly trivial. The only reason why the last fight was a pain is because I’m a Mesmer in full squish gear so ~40% of my DPS is out of the window because the Tentacles like to smack things that get close (and Phantasms/Clones love to go close).

If you’re having difficulties, you may want to change up your approach. Otherwise, you’re in the green looking for a guild (might want to check the guild recruitment section instead of this one) or just use the Open World LFG. There are plenty of LS2 listings everyday.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There is usually a LFG advertisement for most of the living story instances. The older ones tend to appear less frequently. However, you could consider how many people are waiting for someone to create a LFG vs how many create one themselves. You could possibly get enough people to do the story instances.

All of the story instances, including their achievements, can easily be soloed. Having more people does make it a little easier but it can get chaotic as well. I suggest being open to change your build and carry a ranged weapon. I’ve noticed people using a ranged weapon for the last boss of the current episode as it tends to be pretty foolproof.

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

I feel ya’. Some of the quests in LS are really really frustrating when done solo. The finishing event of the 2nd part is even more so. I died so many times my armour was shot and I managed to get 1-3 hits before I was killed again. And on top of the tendrils you get all sorts of minions and you need to kill a dragon in the process.

The LS events need to scale based on how many are in the group that does them, much like world events.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: Belisario.3410

Belisario.3410

I dont mean to be cold or anything and I do agree with most of your points, but I still think this is one of the best MMOs in the market and I’m a new player, been here for a month. So if you really decide to leave, can you mail me your stuff?

My IGN is Fierce Knuckledust

Cheers!

Posted by: int randInt return.7810

int randInt return.7810

You could try again with a different build?
I had to reroll my ft engi for this, since a lot of the enemies have high retaliation uptime.
Its free/instant to reroll now out of combat.
The instances aren’t as paimfully long as some of those personal story ones, so even restarting it isn’t too bad if you end up with armor breaks and need to repair.

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Yo, I’ll take your stuff, please, should you succumb to deleting.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

“I am quite depressed now anyway so that doesnt help my mood.”

One thing you need to consider, is depression affecting your thinking as well as your moods? Depression makes it easier to get frustrated. To see problems as major that are actually minor. It makes it harder to connect with others and to feel refusals to help because they are busy as a more personal refusal. If you are suffering from depression I do hope you are seeing a doctor about this.

As to the game, not all guilds are a good fit. You are allowed to be a member of 5 at a time. If you are not fitting with the guild you are in, try others. Try using the LFG to find people to do the Living Story with you.

If you really get frustrated, I recommend that you don’t make decisions that you will regret later, especially decisions that may be caused by depression. Uninstall the game rather than wiping the account. Walk away and wait for when you feel better. Don’t wipe the account when emotion are strong. Wait till you are calm to make a decision like that.

I hope you get better. Depression is a major illness for many people, but it does normally lift with time and treatment.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

For the majority of Living Story instances only one extra person is required to be able to make it through without much trouble. In fact the only part of the living story where the wife and myself (we ran it all as a duo) required help was the final battle with Zhaitan and if we were running different stories/races as in the beginning we ran those solo until the stories merged.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Sounds to me like you’re in the wrong guild. I do stuff with people in my guild in the open world all the time.

Half the problem people have in games is they join a group of people who don’t share their play style.

Posted by: RiverSong.5067

RiverSong.5067

Threatening to wipe your characters is not going to get you anything. Quite the opposite actually.

I’m not really sure what the core issue is here. In part because you don’t know either.

You seem to feel no one is helping you with story progression. You mentioned you’re broke and that you find it’s hard.

I feel the stories are easy enough to do solo except for the last episode to the personal story which is actually an instance.

I would propose you the following: drop one or two crafting skills as in not using them. Sell your mats and buy decent gear, don’t forget the trinkets. Play around stats and don’t be shy to ask in Lion’s Arch about them. This should help with the PvE as a whole.

If you suffer a genuine depression you’re not going to fix it playing a game. Talk to your relatives if that is the case.

Hope it helps.

My webpage:
pages.videotron.ca/madfang4/

joneb.5679

Hey the actual very kind, decent replies has made rethink the community for a start. I was expecting insults and Im not sure if that would have just made me rage and wipe as I said. Ill persevere a little. +1 to you all but Boneheart who had to go and ask me for my stuff. ;-)

them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

What episode are stuck on?

If I recall, episode 1 was tough at times.

joneb.5679

Im doing the Fort Salma part of Entanglement and got annihilated by the husk every time. I will try different strategies. I suppose that’s the whole point of free retraiting.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Hmm, I used a condimancer for that fight. Took a while, but it worked out

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’d be glad to help you through it if you’re on when I am.

Also, for that fort salma part, apparently there are arrow carts and you arent supposed to fight the husks directly.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I soloed it on a Ranger. That seemed to work for me. Gotta love those pets, some times! =)

Oh! Really! I never noticed the arrow carts! Lol, silly girl!

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I soloed it on a Ranger. That seemed to work for me. Gotta love those pets, some times! =)

Oh! Really! I never noticed the arrow carts! Lol, silly girl!

Yep, there are arrow carts to clear the mordrem husks and wolves.

Anet decided to not go the “whack baddie with stick” route and it ended up depressing people. I don’t mean to sound insensitive; obviously the fact that everyone is solo and he doesnt have a party is an issue, but I’m surprised at how difficult a little subtlety made parts of this living story.

I didnt notice either, but I was tanky and had an ele with me, so it didn’t occur to us until after the fact.

so, @ OP. Get those Arrow Carts.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Hardly worth wiping over I would have thought that this would have been a concern over yet another feature patch that didn’t actually address a single player concern but okay.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!