Victory or Death Reward

Victory or Death Reward

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valgar.9576

Valgar.9576

I’m on the final mission of the main story on one of my characters and I am just wondering, does anyone think that completing the main story will give you different rewards after HoT is realeased?

I’m just wondering, not that it matters too much.

Victory or Death Reward

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Probably not. (And I hope not since I’m still working on my own personal stories to collect all the pact weapons)

Victory or Death Reward

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I doubt it. The release of HoT doesn’t seem like it should have any impact on the original PS, considering HoT is set a couple of years after the Victory or Death chapter.

They changed the rewards when the revamped personal story (which wasn’t so long ago- maybe a few months now). I doubt they’d change it again, and if they will I would imagine it would come with a warning of sorts (like last time).

Victory or Death Reward

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Unlikely those rewards would change. Victory or Death does not lead into start of HoT, there’s the LS S2 that fills that gap between Zaithan’s demise and the upcoming HoT.

What might be possible is for that story step, or completing LS S1 in its entirety, could potentially be one of the things that will retroactively grant some Mastery Points once HoT launches, since it has an achievement tied to first time completion and it has been confirmed LS S2 chapters will grant a point each.

Victory or Death Reward

Posted by: MightyFrog.5247

MightyFrog.5247

I think there will be a change in the reward for “Victory or Death”.
I think the guild influence scroll will change.
Same thing for the scroll in PS “Battle for Claw Island”.

Victory or Death Reward

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I think there will be a change in the reward for “Victory or Death”.
I think the guild influence scroll will change.
Same thing for the scroll in PS “Battle for Claw Island”.

True. That will be a change since influence will no longer be a thing. Wonder if it’ll be a favor scroll, just one less thing to get or something else entirely.