Victory stories!

Victory stories!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Noxaeternam.6214

Noxaeternam.6214

Yo, guys. Ever noticed that all too often, video game forums just suck?

That’s because the people who are having fun and enjoying the game are actually playing it. People come here to whine. Heck, I’ve done it before.

That being said, let’s just have an awesome thread, eh? Got a dirty killstreak in your last WvW session? Did you get two exo drops in a row on the Champ train one day when you were bored? Got a hilarious story from your last dungeon run where it was up to the support Guardian to duke it out against the Howling King alone after a near-wipe?

Spill ‘em. Let’s have a positive thread!

My contribution- During Battle for Lion’s Arch, at final instance, everything went technicolour crazy. Faces disappeared. AoE rings were invisible. My inventory and map were all sorts of bonkers. I lol’d. Pic related.

Attachments:

For the love of the Six, fix the Mac client.

Victory stories!

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

The first valueable thread we got here in a while.

(edited by nGumball.1283)

Victory stories!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Cool picture. =)

I don’t have any great stories, except a drop that many people would feel bad about, so…

Victory stories!

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

Don’t know if it counts as a victory story – but it is funny. Last night we were in Twilight Arbor “up” path and discovered that the life drain the tree puts on Laurent is real. In other words, don’t get too close or you end up with a bunch of skulls on your map :P

Guild warrior for life!

Victory stories!

Posted by: Noxaeternam.6214

Noxaeternam.6214

Don’t know if it counts as a victory story – but it is funny. Last night we were in Twilight Arbor “up” path and discovered that the life drain the tree puts on Laurent is real. In other words, don’t get too close or you end up with a bunch of skulls on your map :P

Duly noted. I will not be making that error! XD Victory, funny, whatever. Doesn’t matter. Just no rage and no hate! That’s why this thread is here. GW2 is a funny game sometimes.

Last night, for instance. Guildies wanted to go ‘Nightcapping’ in wvw, capturing camps and whatnot while everyone is asleep for easy wxp and ap. We proceeded to build 5 Alpha Golems and punch doors and gates while I said “KNOCK KNOCK”, then just go in and smash face. It was pretty hilarious and a barrel of fun.

For the love of the Six, fix the Mac client.

Victory stories!

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Most of mine come from dungeons.

Pre torch nerf CoF path 3 (had to have all 5 torches lit)
Done with a PuG group who I dragged onto a guild vent. We had to stagger how we fought enemies, as all of us killed them within different time frames (one poor necro had to start his about 15 seconds before us due to how long it took him to kill them)

Pre nerfs simin (About a month after the game was released. Sometime October of that year as I recall.)
Back when she healed a rather ridiculous amount

3 Ele’s using staffs. All 3 with bezerker traits, but only one with bezerker gear.
1 mesmer with tank gear
and 1 PuG Necromancer who literally did not know that he had poison skills (the only reason we had brought him in the first place) upon rigorous questioning of his setup, he stated that his only poison skill was Corrosive poison cloud (a utility skill)

The actual fight took about 8 minutes. We were capable of preventing her from regenerating, but not capable of damaging her without timewarp. Which is to say we chunked her down over the course of 4 time warps.
Exhilarated from victory (this being our 3rd attempt, and about 10 cumulative hours spent on this boss) we promptly walked into the next group of enemies and wiped because we were playing specs that we usually didnt.

I also vaguely remember our first time trying subject alpha. I wound up kiting around in his room for about 30 minutes as my teammates would die, run back into the room, do a bit of damage, then promptly die again. I must have cheated my way out of about 80 crystals by the end of it. Thank god for elementalist stun breaks.