Virtual Reality , more then just goggles.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wolf.4703

Wolf.4703

So I’ve known about this one item for a while now and I think it would be an awesome way to get the over-fed under-exercised players of rpg’ s up off their kesters.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1259519125/cyberith-virtualizer-immersive-virtual-reality-gam

If you go to the link it should be easy to see why this would be so good for the lazy players of today.

I know that some of the abilities of this item would be a little much for GW2 to handle, But I believe that with a little help from hot keys, this item could turn out awesome.

The few changes would be recognizing speed. If a player moved their feet fast enough it would be seen as running. On the other hand, if the player wasn’t moving fast enough it would automatically put the character into walk. Same would apply to mounts.

The threshold for walking should be set by the player or parent, but there should be a limit on how slow a player could be(that way players can’t be too lazy).

Another change would be for the Deadeye. With the ability to kneel for a shot, it would be awesome if kneeling on this item while holding a rifle would automatically put the character into the fifth skill. (If there are anymore major foot work movement for a skill those should be added as well.)

The last thing I could think of would be changing the direction the character is going and also being able to strife.

Of course if the person is too lazy and doesn’t want to exercise while playing, eh, they can keep using the keyboard and mouse for walking and running.

I’m a thinker. I take ideas and think them through.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

One needn’t be lazy to not be able to use this device. For instance, I have terrible arches and calves. Walking for too long cripples me, though I can manage a gym’s treadmill at low speeds while gripping the supports. Kneeling is muscle spasm pain in seconds.

I’ve read of players who are missing limbs, who only have use of one hand, etc. They’d also have issues with this without being at all lazy.

My point is that yes, that does look like an awesome way to play games for those physically fit enough. But suggesting the rest of us are “lazy” for needing more sedentary methods is an unnecessary insult that derailed my attention from your actual concept.

(Also I don’t think the game can readily be adapted to this sort of thing without a huge rework, but as I don’t work for ANet ankitten ot a computer programmer I’ll leave it to the devs to confirm/deny that argument).

Posted by: Wolf.4703

Wolf.4703

Please excuse me. I never ment to imply that anyone who wouldn’t use this is lazy. I am sure that there are many reasons for not using one. Being lazy is completely different from physically being unable. To me being lazy is being able to but not willing to. As such, the title and my words were aimed at those who wanted to or needed to get exercise but also wanted to play gw2, or at least have something to do while taking what might otherwise be a boring hot and sweaty walk.

I myself am able to walk and if I had motivation I would walk if it was at night so I wouldn’t need a hat and sunglasses for my eyes. Alas, other then walking during work or shopping I don’t have many reasons or whishes to walk. With this however, I thing I would walk before sitting down to tap. After all, this would be more fun then workout equipment that can cost more less or equal to the estimated price for this item depending on how (good) the workout equipment is. Truly, I would rather get this then a piece of equipment that will probably never get used.

I imagine any rework can be done on a separate platform that would be able to integrate movements into hot keys. Doing it that way would allow more then just gw2 to be able to use this device.

I’m a thinker. I take ideas and think them through.

(edited by Wolf.4703)