Vistas- why are they significant?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amalie.5490

Amalie.5490

Vistas should have captions! What exactly am I looking at and why is it important? I would love to know!

Posted by: Tater Knuts.7046

Tater Knuts.7046

+1 That would be a great way to educate new people on the lore of the game.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Just a birds eye view of the beautiful world mate.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sometimes, they are subtle clues to hidden content, or ways to access content.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I think it was a joint lobbying effort by the art teams and their supporters; they just wanted a way to show-off their work. The art remains the singular standout feature of GW2. While there have been issues aplenty with GW2, art has never been a problem.

Posted by: akenoyuki.8210

akenoyuki.8210

If I’m the one making the map design, I too will love it, so much that I want (show off) for other people to see it too.

Also, it makes a good wallpaper.

- Guild Wars 2 Helper Android App -
* Event Timer (including HoT Meta), Daily, WvW, Pact Supply, Account. Trading Post, etc:
* Google Playstore Link

(edited by akenoyuki.8210)

Posted by: Abakk.9176

Abakk.9176

If I’m the one making the map design, I too will love it, so much that I want (show off) for other people to see it too.

Also, it makes a good wallpaper.

Yes, a very good wallpaper indeed…

I make a screenshot of the most beautiful ones and have the folder in which those screenshots end up, set up as source for my Windows 10 desktop wallpaper rotation/slideshow.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

In wvw you can check ssc, for enemy players, using the vistas.

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

Tbh, I persoanally hardly watches them, even if they are new. Just skip it move on

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I was just saying the other day more games should have vistas. I know some do have similar features (like Assassin’s Creed or Horizon Zero Dawn) but it’s a great idea. So many games have these really beautiful landscapes (especially GW2) but it’s not always easy to appreciate it when you’re right down in it, especially if you’re always under attack or looking out for specific things. So it’s nice to get that moment to just appreciate the scenery, especially with the birds eye view.

I agree it would be nice to have a caption or something to tell you what you’re looking at. Obviously with the ones that show jumping puzzles, mini dungeons and other hidden things it shouldn’t be too explicit, but with some of them, like the ones showing Ascalon’s Great Wall it’d be helpful to have something to let you know the significance.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Vistas should have captions! What exactly am I looking at and why is it important? I would love to know!

Vistas are meant to show off the landscape. The NPC’s that you interact with in that landscape have the “captions” that you seek.

Posted by: Lanhelin.3480

Lanhelin.3480

Whenever I level an alt or do the daily I hardly ever skip them. It offers a perspective I normally do not have and shows the beautiful art and design. It also transports a feeling of greatness and stateliness. I never got bored yet watching them.

The only thing I wished to have regarding the daily and to valorize it: it should be a certain vista chosen by the system, because currently I just always look for the easiest reachable one in the zone.

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

They are the “Kodak Picture Spots” of Tyria.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I thought this was another pointless rant topic, but this is actually a pretty good idea

Posted by: kitsuneshoujo.5734

kitsuneshoujo.5734

I’d love to have lore snippets in the vistas.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

In wvw you can check ssc, for enemy players, using the vistas.

Can also have a peak into south dbl towers to see where they have put siege down.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.