Visual postprocessing too bright

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Avelione.6075

Avelione.6075

Can you share your opinions on the visual settings of GW2?

In the game daytime I almost always keep post processing option off because if it’s on (low or high) it’s just too much bright and bloom. It hurts my eyes and adds unnecessary lighting that, for me, is like a noise rather than something making the visuals nicer.

At night, the effect is mostly pleasant especially in the Grove!
but in the day… God help us! I think the daily post processing light effects are sloppy and look as if they’re supposed to cover up visual shortcomings. Just dump all these lights and blooms all over the place! It’s like spamming my eyes!
It makes me a bit unhappy because I can see the effect also adds colors to the world. But I have to choose between bleaker colors or hurting my eyes. Am I the only one with so sensitive eyes??

Equality for the bulge! ^_^

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

You should try real life outdoors, so much lights and blooms all over the place. :U

Have you tried playing with the colors on your monitor? Or maybe Nvidia control panel? Or you could try post-processing and shaders with something like sweet-fx for example. Last I checked, Anet don’t ban for that because it doesn’t interfere or tamper with the game files nor give any advantages over anybody else.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Or maybe turn the Gamma down a touch.

Good luck.

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

You should try real life outdoors, so much lights and blooms all over the place. :U

Have you tried playing with the colors on your monitor? Or maybe Nvidia control panel? Or you could try post-processing and shaders with something like sweet-fx for example. Last I checked, Anet don’t ban for that because it doesn’t interfere or tamper with the game files nor give any advantages over anybody else.

Can confirm SweetFX/ReShade is not bannable. It’s totally okay to use but lowering your gamma should probably do.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Well, I always disable postprocessing in games, especially stuff like bloom and motion blur, who wants blurry graphics? XD And I’ve been using Reshade since forever to make the graphics even sharper, it’s not bannable because it does not give you any advantage in the game.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

You might want to mention this to your eye Dr. especially if this is something that seems to have become worse over time, you smoke or have a family history of cataracts it might be more then just sensitive eyes.

Posted by: Avelione.6075

Avelione.6075

I decreased gamma but it seems I have to try sth with the monitor. AAaand… just look how bloomed up GW1 is. I didn’t play it but I’ve seen screenshots.
So, good that I can just turn postprocessing off. Thanks for the advice, even the one that’s not about the topic ;p

Equality for the bulge! ^_^