Volcanus and new ascended weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wipol.1528

wipol.1528

hey folks,
i’m wondering one thing, should i finishing my volcanus considering those new ascended weapons that will be added? What they will have more than exotics weapons? Better stats? AR?
Thank you for your answers.

Sorry for my bad english ;)

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

I’m not sure about this, but if we look at the ascended jewels we see that their stats are those of an exotic + their upgrade. (Okay, a bit stronger than an exotic, like Miku says below) So you have a extra slot for an infusion for agony or +5 power/toughness/vitality … .

So i think the armor and the weapons will be of the same kind, that they will have their stats of an exotic + their upgrades and then a infusion slot for agony or a stat of your chose.

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

(edited by hoewhoew.4619)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’d wait to finish it.

If you like the Ascended skins, use that. If not, and you still like the Volcanus skin, finish that and transmute it.

Also, if Ascended weapons and armour go the way of the Amulets and such, Exotics will have the advantage of being able to equip Runes and Sigils.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Ascended trinkets are not “those of an exotic + their upgrade”; they are statisticly superior to exotics (10-15%ish).

So if you are concerned about stats, then I would wait. I don’t think Volcanus will lose much value though, the stats aren’t the reason to make it, it’s all cosmetic.

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

Ascended trinkets are not “those of an exotic + their upgrade”; they are statisticly superior to exotics (10-15%ish).

So if you are concerned about stats, then I would wait. I don’t think Volcanus will lose much value though, the stats aren’t the reason to make it, it’s all cosmetic.

Yep you’re right, i was thinking at the basic idea of how it works … ( in my eyes then).
I changed my post, don’t want to spread false information

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Ahhh ok, I thought you meant literally stat for stat they were the same, I agree the basic idea is the same:)

The biggest concern I have for ascended weapon/armor… Will we be able to put runes/sigils in them? If not… they may actually be a decrease in effectiveness in some cases.

Posted by: wipol.1528

wipol.1528

Thank you all for answers… as some of you said, i’m crafting the volcanus for it’s skin, so if new ascended weapons are trasmutable there is no problem… i will wait to craft it (or to soulbound it), hoping for more details from devs soon

Sorry for my bad english ;)