Voodoo Armor impossible to get now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

The old PvP Masquerade Armor actually used the wrong skin, that of a tribal/voodoo style.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Masquerade_armor
It was never found anywhere in PvE at all.

With PvP armor gone this armor skin is now impossible to get.
Unless it was added to the reward track chests somewhere?

Benight[Edge]

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

want it! I’ve been wanting it since the game came out! put it back in karma armor plz.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

it’s level 60 karma gear -_-
level 60 masquerade looks exactly like this, level 80 looks different.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The regional reward tracks haven’t been fully documented yet. It’s easily possible this armour is in one of them. I know it’s still in the game because it’s unlocked in my wardrobe.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Which karma vendor, if you would? I remember it was supposedly in Fireheart Rise forever ago in beta.

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Which karma vendor, if you would? I remember it was supposedly in Fireheart Rise forever ago in beta.

Yes, yes. Please give us the the vendors that we need to go to to find this armor. Then the wiki needs updated if this is true.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Syphenion.5064

Syphenion.5064

Also, commander’s gloves and boots and stalwart hat/shoulders for medium armor..

¸.•´¸.¤•*´¨) ¸.•*¨”˜`”°ºooº°””˜`”°ºooº°””˜`
(¸.•´ (¸.•Alloy~ Piken Square Roleplayer~

DarkOcean.8746

It looks like the Primitive Style is still given from karma vendors in Fireheart Rise. Any other suggestions? I’ll probably try Orr next.

Shiren.9532

You can’t this armour in PvE (unless you unlocked it in the wardrobe). Mirta is likely confusing Primitive Armour with Tribal Armour (that’s the name the wardrobe gives this set). Here is a screen shot of the two armours. The left most is the armour in Sparkfly Fen, the second is the wardrobe version of Primitive Armour and the right is the wardrobe version of the Tribal Armour. I went throught Orr, Fireheart Rise, Iron Marches and Timerline falls just after the update to unlock all the karma sets in those areas (I did Malchor’s Leap and Cursed Shore, I didn’t check Straights of Devistation) and they all offered the same sets they offered before the patch.

Attachments:

(edited by Shiren.9532)

DarkOcean.8746

It’s just ridiculous how many NPCs vend the Primitive armor. They have it vended in full sets 3 or 4 times; they should substitute Tribal Armor in somewhere. I was thinking surely, since they finally distinguished Tribal Armor from Masquerade Armor, they would add in a Tribal Armor vendor in somewhere. It’s so stupidly elusive, and it’s been that way for almost two years without any reason as to why or when it would surface.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

You can’t this armour in PvE (unless you unlocked it in the wardrobe). Mirta is likely confusing Primitive Armour with Tribal Armour (that’s the name the wardrobe gives this set). Here is a screen shot of the two armours. The left most is the armour in Sparkfly Fen, the second is the wardrobe version of Primitive Armour and the right is the wardrobe version of the Tribal Armour.

we know you cant get it in pve, but are wonder if it was retired in spvp

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I too want to know this…..if I can still get it from rewards in PvP if I ever get to wolf rank that’s fine, I’ll work on getting there. But I’d like to know before I force myself to PvP for this set.

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I think it may still be rewarded in PvP after getting rank 30+ Im glad I made it when I did is all I can say.
Making the tribal set was the best and most sure way to get it – but they removed crafting from PvP so I doubt you can attain it that way now- maybe still available through rank chests?
I hated it actually when i first got it, but now I appreciate it.

Shiren.9532

You can’t this armour in PvE (unless you unlocked it in the wardrobe). Mirta is likely confusing Primitive Armour with Tribal Armour (that’s the name the wardrobe gives this set). Here is a screen shot of the two armours. The left most is the armour in Sparkfly Fen, the second is the wardrobe version of Primitive Armour and the right is the wardrobe version of the Tribal Armour.

we know you cant get it in pve, but are wonder if it was retired in spvp

Someone in this thread was checking the karma vendors and I was just letting them know I had done so recently.

You’re best (only?) bet for getting it in sPvP would likely be one of the regional reward tracks. Currently it’s Kryta, but if I had to pick one for this armour skin I would guess Maguuma or Orr. Maybe wait until someone has unlocked all the regional tracks and see if it’s in one of those?

Posted by: Jacques Lockard.8210

Jacques Lockard.8210

any word on this anet? even if its bad news or you havent decided yet anything would be nice :2

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Yeah, they really need to make this set available in PvE. Then again, I’ve been asking for it since game launch, and we all know how that worked out.

DarkOcean.8746

It’s just if it were in a regional track, or at least one of the existing ones, wouldn’t we have seen it in the Trading Post by now, most likely? As far as I’m aware, all the PvP armors aren’t soulbound now.

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

I want this to be available too – the idea that it be unlocked in a pvp reward track is pretty much perfect. I would put up with having to do more pvp to get it because that makes sense. However, it would also make sense to be available from Karma hearts where Grawl are present – Shiverpeak areas. And this would of course be my preferred method of acquisition.

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

Please Arenanet, make this a reward track or give it to it’s original Karma vendor!

Attachments:

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

Id like to get this armor as well, Im not really into PVP anymore so I kinda feel cheated that pvper’s get something exclusive to them. I mean yeah it’s still in the game and I can get it just that I really don’t like to pvp much in mmo’s anymore for various reason’s. That and Im grinding my legendary out atm and that is taking way two long and consuming all of my time in the game as it is.

I have wanted this set for my necro alt since beta and really wish they would add this skin back in pve or at least dignify us with a response as to why it was removed.

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Just put the PvP Tribal set into PvE for good. Make it craftable please.

DarkOcean.8746

Id like to get this armor as well, Im not really into PVP anymore so I kinda feel cheated that pvper’s get something exclusive to them. I mean yeah it’s still in the game and I can get it just that I really don’t like to pvp much in mmo’s anymore for various reason’s. That and Im grinding my legendary out atm and that is taking way two long and consuming all of my time in the game as it is.

I have wanted this set for my necro alt since beta and really wish they would add this skin back in pve or at least dignify us with a response as to why it was removed.

Actually you may not be able to even get it from PvP anymore. I don’t think we know yet if it’s bundled in a reward chest.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I want this to be available too – the idea that it be unlocked in a pvp reward track is pretty much perfect. I would put up with having to do more pvp to get it because that makes sense. However, it would also make sense to be available from Karma hearts where Grawl are present – Shiverpeak areas. And this would of course be my preferred method of acquisition.

Agreed 100%. If it has to stay strictly PvP-obtainable only, then let it be in a reward track at a reasonable level to acquire; it’s not like it’s dungeon armor or anything. I’m not a PvP player, but I’m more than willing to put serious effort into it if this armor set (renamed Tribal armor) can be my goal. Ideally though, they should just bring it back to the way it was in beta, as I hear most people saying it was a karma set back then (I didn’t get a chance to play beta, so I’m just going by what folks said).

Regardless, there really is no reason whatsoever that this armor set – which players have been begging for since beta – should remain unobtainable. It’s not Living Story or holiday event armor, so why treat it like it was a timed exclusive?

And why is Anet so tight-lipped about it? This is stressing me out so much! The volume of cheers they’d get for releasing this armor set alone would be deafening. Not to mention all the other PvP armors that should be released. It sounds silly, but this would really make my day, as I’ve been waiting to create a particular character of mine until I can grab and use this armor for PvE adventuring.

So where is it? Seriously, please give us good news, the anticipation is killing me!

Posted by: Neo Annubis.7429

Neo Annubis.7429

I have been waiting for this armor set to be available in PvE again ever since the game released. I miss this set, and have wanted it for my Necro for over a year. I never unlocked it in sPvP sadly, and now it seems like I will never be able to…

Please confirm or tell me otherwise, Anet?