7.Warrior
8.Necro

[Vote] Best to worst downed skill profession

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

1. Elementalist
2. Ranger.
3. Warrior (Even without trait, Veng still has a chance to res on kill. Think it’s 25%).
4. Guardian.
5. Mesmer. (Only because you can port at the last second to avoid stomp. It’s bad because it teleports you randomly, which can often be into lava making you permanently unressable.)
6. Thief.
7. Necromancer.
8. Engineer.

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Personally there’s only two downed skills that deserve the title.

1. Elementist vapour form
This is the absolute #1 best. I can’t even begin to account how many elementists have escaped stomps or zerg beatings by entering this form and freely making their way to the fort teleporter or to the safety of an oncoming zerg. It is for this reason it deserves the gold title.

2. Warrior vengeance – a solid #2. It doesn’t matter if you live or die afterwards. For that brief moment, you are given a second chance and that can make a difference.

IMO, all the other downed skills just delay the inevitable. I will just go to map view and spam the spawn point to get back into the game quickly rather than waste time watching the enemy pound on me. I’d even gladly use a suicide button to make it go quicker.

Posted by: Phenix Flyer.6724

Phenix Flyer.6724

The only bad one is the ranger’s. Because it can’t be stopped. It should be stopped by killing or pushing the pet away, but that often won’t stop it. Most of the time, the pet just keeps reviving, and underwater, it always does.

Engineer 2 can be used to interrupt a finisher, and to pull an enemy close enough for the explosion to push them away. It’s not that bad.

All of them have their uses. But the ranger one works too well, despite what the enemy can do.

Shhh that’s almost all us rangers still have going for us these days, wouldn’t be surprised though if Anet decided to “Balance out” our pet skill.

~ Sylvari Ranger, [BGW] Jade Quarry ~
“I blame Kormir”

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

I love my necro but those downed skills are worthless. I’ve never once rallied with them.
My ele on the other hand rallies almost all the time.

1. ele
10. necro

I don’t play the rest of my characters often enough so I don’t know what they can do.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I’d say Pet heal is the best and worst

it can really save you specially underwater in Pvp lol taken on 4 people at once thanks to that

but the problem is the Pet AI in gw2 is glitchy so half the time the skill doesn’t even work for me

call pet it runs to me and stands there.. no healing… death

this happens to me all the time..

also necro fear since a large number of high level enemies are immune to CC skills making this one completely useless in many scenarios

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

I hope the ranger one gets fixed…infinite pet healing is broken in spvp

It’s not OP, just kill the pet. The skill has a very long CD. Of if you just tunnel vision the downed ranger, then I understand your concern, but it’s the skill’s fault.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

PvE:
1. Guardian (Heal for everyone)
2. Ranger (pet-ressurect)
3. Elementalist (invul + reposition + longer time to wait out a rally)
4. Thief (Reposition + Stealth not bad)
5. Warrior (deserves number 1 if you have Warbanner and your party almost wiped)
6. Mesmer (the Phantasm gave me a few rallies, the random location got me killed more)
7. Necromancer
8. Engineer

PvP Elementalist downed > rest.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

1 – Ranger ( Heal me, you jerks! Fine I’ll do it myself.)
2 – Necro (Heal myself AND hurt you)
3 – Guardian (Same as Necro, AND I can also be ressing while healing, this is lower though because Necro can spam)
4 – Thief (It’s wonky, but it’s nice to be able to move to a specific location and also drop agro for a bit)
5 – Elementalist (Like Thief only I find it less reliable, even though I have more control of my movement)
6 – Mesmer (Too random, but at least it gives me something to fight with)
7 – Warrior (If not for the need to trait it this would be much higher, but it tends to be a guaranteed death otherwise)
8 – Engineer (I love my engi, but not in the downed state)

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

They are all junk as in 95% of all the time, none of those skilsl can’t save you butts, unlesss you are so lucky to have some weak and already strong damaged npc creatures or also downed foes in your near, that you can give quickly the rest, before someone gets the time to stealth stomp you

The whole Downed System is obsolete and should get removed and as a compensation for its removal, the Base Health of all Classes should get raised just simply.

Base Health of Warriors/Necros now: 18372, after Downed State Removal: 20000
Base Health of Engi, Ranger, Mesmer now: 15072, after Downed State Removal: 17500
Base Health of Thief, Guardian, Ele now : 10805, after Downed State Removal: 13500

Dead is Dead

It would also reduce lag of the Game in huge WvW battles.
Fishishers should get reworked into real Finishing Moves that should be useable, if you daze a foe which has lesser than 10% Health left, then there should pop op the option to perform your Finishing Move to give your target the final Death Blow

I find the game would work that way alot smoother and Finishers would be more awesome.

However, in regard to the topic:

1 – Ele
2 – Guardian
3 – Ranger
4 – Thief
5 – Necromancer
6 – Mesmer
7 – Warrior
8 – Engineer

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

1 – Guardian (the mass heal)
2 – Warrior (vengeance is so great)
3 – Ele
4 – Necro
5 – Ranger
6 – Thief
7 – Mesmer
8 – Engineer

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

A look at all the Skill 2s

From a PVP standpoint, the following can be countered by Stability, Block, Invulnerability and Blindness:

-Engineer
-Guardian
-Necromancer
-Ranger
-Warrior

Necro fear can be countered by Condition Immunity as well as all the above.

Thieves can be countered with Teleport skills, although it’s a bit tricky to pull it off.

Mesmer and Elementalist have no actual counters to allow the stomp, although the Mesmer skill won’t make the Mesmer immune to damage like the Elementalist AND the position they will appear is mostly random. So:

-Elementalist
-Mesmer
-Thief
-Guardian, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
-Necromancer

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

Engineers suck. I self loathe being an engineer and dedicating my time to this class and I cringe every time there is a patch and there isn’t some monumental buff to the class. I hate the downed state. You can’t even use the explosion knock back skill before you get finished in PVP, but you sure as hell can pull somebody closer so they can execute you. Brilliant ANet. Keep not playing the game with your players. No no… don’t write anything down. Don’t take notes. Everything is cool. =\

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

From a PvE perspective:

Guardian: The aoe rez over time is great, and the aoe knockback

Ele: Mist form lets you go to an ally if you’re spread out. Even though most dungeons you stack everywhere

Thief: It’s ok, not great. Can teleport out of somewhere to get rezzed and stealth

Ranger: Nice stun, pet rezzing

Warrior: It’s kind of in the middle. Sometimes Vengeance saves the day and other times it’s just useless

Necro: Heals itself while attacking, fear, nice 3rd skill. I’d say tied with Warrior

Mesmer/Engineer: I just don’t like their skills at all

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

1. Ranger. — The actual skills are good (& OP underwater), but the thing that makes the ranger the best is that your pet F skills still work giving you all sorts of stuff you can do.

2. Warrior — the knockdown skill is good, Vengence is great and traited Vengence is even better

3. Guardian — the bubble alone might put this in the #1 spot for pvp. The symbol is good too. PvE these aren’t as good.

4. Elementalist — mobility is nice. You also have a mini nuke when that’s not enough.

5. Theif. — Controlled teleport and invisibility buys you enough time for a nearby rezzer to save you,

6. Mesmer — the patch will get rid of the giant arrow that let’s your enemies know which one is you and which is the clone

7. Necromancer — Everything you can do is a cleans able condition that berzerkers stance is immune to, and you have to take three traits to get decent damage from your downed state.

8. Engineer — the skills are better than the necromancer skills, and you do enough damage without traits, and you have a #3 that is similar to the awesome guardian #2, but pulling your enemy to you is just asking for him to stomp you.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Everyone voting for ele mist form must not PvP. It’s probably the most useless of all the downed skills, maybe next to guardian knockback.

Warrior’s vengeance I think is most useful in PvP.

You sir, do not PvP. please don’t lie.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I’ve had the most success with the engineer downed state, but only if you forced them to use their stabilities in the fight.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

1 Ranger – kitten that pet heal is powerful. I’ve seen a ranger heal himself up and finish running in the Thaumanova reactor cooling rod room.
2 Elementalist, love the ability to move anywhere!
3 Guardian, love that AoE heal, can put more than one person back on their feet
4 Necromancer – with 4 you heal, with 1 you still heal while doing damage and your 3 makes the damage of 1 so much more!
5 Thief – invisibility is fun!
6 Warrior – vengeance is alright, until you accidentally hit it while in a dungeon and can’t kill anything. Then you just wrote yourself a death sentence
7 mesmer, that teleport, not only does it put you in a random place but it’s activation is awkward too. You press it to get out of danger, someone starts reviving you and look! Your cast time has finally finished and only now do you go into that lava pit!
8 engineer – simply doesn’t have any great utility while downed.