Vote for Guild Wars 2 in GotY!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

Vote for Guild Wars 2 in Game of the year vote!

http://uk.gamespot.com/best-of-2012/peoples-choice/index.html

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Why would I do that?

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

NO.
Fix yo problems so it can become the fantastic game that it was post-launch.

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

hrm

ahahaha no.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

what’s wrong with people logging in forums and hating GW2?

on topic: “uk” is substituted with “kitten”

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

on topic: “uk” is substituted with “kitten”

because we care about the game, even though we hate what it has become.

idk about the UK thing, forum censors all sorts of weird things.

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

Nothing Wrong with them…
Deluded Customers have all the right to express their concerns, Remember that this is not a F2P game, you buy a client license and in the future you have to buy expansions.

and To OP, really… NO!… before mid november i had voted Gw2 Blindly… Now, after change directions, and funny balance choices, i prefer to not vote at all.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

Why would I do that?

You know what is interesting about your post? How oblivious Anet apparently is to the degree of UNHAPPY a good portion of their customers are.

When I read the forums and can’t find an argument against people calling them money grubbing there is a problem. My “fun” consists of logging in to try and grind gold with DR and AIRDROPS working against me to try and get enough gold to buy the last piece (Dusk) for my legendary.

It feels rather like a blatant SHOVE to try and make me buy gold to finish it. Dusk is 500 and it is obvious that when I reach 500 it will be 800 and then 1,000 etc etc. This is not the same company I loyally supported since they came into being.

I even tried posting a SIMPLE solution of putting in an NPC that sold the items (which would remove gold from the economy … a good thing) their only response was to bury the thread in suggestions.

The honeymoon is over.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Posted by: AlexMc.2083

AlexMc.2083

Why would I do that?

You know what is interesting about your post? How oblivious Anet apparently is to the degree of UNHAPPY a good portion of their customers are.

When I read the forums and can’t find an argument against people calling them money grubbing there is a problem. My “fun” consists of logging in to try and grind gold with DR and AIRDROPS working against me to try and get enough gold to buy the last piece (Dusk) for my legendary.

It feels rather like a blatant SHOVE to try and make me buy gold to finish it. Dusk is 500 and it is obvious that when I reach 500 it will be 800 and then 1,000 etc etc. This is not the same company I loyally supported since they came into being.

I even tried posting a SIMPLE solution of putting in an NPC that sold the items (which would remove gold from the economy … a good thing) their only response was to bury the thread in suggestions.

The honeymoon is over.

When was there ever any illusion that legendaries weren’t supposed to be a grind?

“Even after death, I shall return! And all my enemies will burn, burn, BURN!”

leprekan.7248

Why would I do that?

The honeymoon is over.

When was there ever any illusion that legendaries weren’t supposed to be a grind?

Thank you for the casual players input. The precursor shouldn’t be the grind … the recipe is a LONG LIST of items … THAT is the grind.

AlexMc.2083

Why would I do that?

The honeymoon is over.

Thank you for the casual players input. The precursor shouldn’t be the grind … the recipe is a LONG LIST of items … THAT is the grind.

… Why should the rest of it be a grind but not the precursor? I’m not really seeing how your point here makes sense.

leprekan.7248

Why would I do that?

The honeymoon is over.

… Why should the rest of it be a grind but not the precursor? I’m not really seeing how your point here makes sense.

Anet has already said they are aware it is a problem and are working on the “scavenger hunt” for acquiring precursors. Hence even THEY don’t think that ONE item is supposed to be this difficult to acquire. Currently, the precursor is rising so fast you can only get it by buying gold. Yes Virginia, that is a problem.

If you need help with any other common knowledge issues please don’t hesitate to ask.

AlexMc.2083

Why would I do that?

The honeymoon is over.

Anet has already said they are aware it is a problem and are working on the “scavenger hunt” for acquiring precursors. Hence even THEY don’t think that ONE item is supposed to be this difficult to acquire. Currently, the precursor is rising so fast you can only get it by buying gold. Yes Virginia, that is a problem.

If you need help with any other common knowledge issues please don’t hesitate to ask.

… I’m sorry, why are you complaining about precursors being hard to get and ANet ignoring it, and then talking about the scavenger hunt they’re making? You seem to be complaining about nothing here.

Posted by: Vakirauta.6397

Vakirauta.6397

Max Payne, voted.

The Iron Butterfly

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Max Payne, voted.

:))

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Voted GW2 because it deserves it

Posted by: Dirtymojo.8073

Dirtymojo.8073

I could vote GW2 goty,I cant think of any game that got more play time from me or that I enjoyed more this year.Ive played some fun games,but as soon as I was done it wasnt long before I logged back in here.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Why would I do that?

The honeymoon is over.

Because it’s a cash-shop baited hook… it is always just out of reach designed to push players to spend MONEY to buy gold to move it a long. And if Anet doesn’t see what they want? They can tweak the “economy” at will until they do.

This is an atm for them, not a game. Don’t buy into the hype. And to be fair, it’s not just Anet but the people now pulling their strings….

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

In its current form (limited loot drops, buggy game play, poor balance, etc) it does not deserve Game of the Year, if all that was fixed then sure i’d vote..

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

Won’t reward them for not caring at all, not living up to their promises but instead cluttering the game with utter BS.

Posted by: Majosea.2487

Majosea.2487

Not game of the year material in my opinion.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Good game, it was better when it first came out. Too many changes since then.
But GoTY?? No

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Anyone saying there we’re better games released this year besides gw2 and Mass effect 3 (Arkham city) is worth a mention , bioshock infinity not here yet, so are pretty much clueless about gaming/history. Seeing walking dead and journey mentioned in that poll just makes me rofl. For the trolls in this thread just " haters gonna hate "

play hard , go pro.

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

Yeah, cause Journey is inferior to CoD and Mass Effect is better than Guild Wars 2.
Epic comparison. But we’re all just trolls if we don’t stick GW2 up our buttholes.

Posted by: skotie.2614

skotie.2614

No.

I thought the game could have been so much better. Maybe I would vote if it was biggest let down of 2012.

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

The trend towards “RNG, annoying and aggravating” and away from “fun” has already prompted me to reactivate my Warcraft account. I am just about done for good with GW2.

Posted by: Addice.3852

Addice.3852

No.

What about the fact that there is still no guesting available which was there during the beta. It was promised to us and yet still not here.

Why is it harder to get into overflows? That was one of the only ways to do fractals with friends on other servers as well as the new Wintersday stuff.

What is the point of DR when it comes to loot? If you are banning bots and force people to grind their way to legendaries and mats for ascended gear then what purposely block players from getting their sooner? How is this any different from when WoW blocked people in vanilla by making bosses unbeatable?

@skotie: There are some disappointing things about this game, but biggest letdown is a bit much. Besides GW2 is not even close to the biggest letdown, Diablo 3 will take the title of biggest letdown.

I won’t vote for Max Payne just to vote against GW2, that is just petty. My pick for game of the year is Borderlands 2. At least there is some resemblance of balance between the classes there.

(edited by Addice.3852)

Posted by: Vantia.8675

Vantia.8675

Walking dead easy I’m afraid, GW2 doesn’t live up to the promises that where made, good game, but not GoTY.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I’ll vote for GW if they get rid of free transfers.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: PolarApe.9351

PolarApe.9351

Nope. Maybe after a massive PVE revamping patch.

Posted by: skotie.2614

skotie.2614

@Addice

Can’t really argue with you on D3 I was really looking forward to it but my best bud ended up getting it first while I was still having issues with my old PC. After hearing what he said I don’t think I’ll be getting it, I tend to trust only reviews from people I know anymore since it seems any game can get hyped up now then be given awesome reviews by magazines and still get horrible player reviews later on.

I do keep hearing Borderlands 2 is pretty sweet though, only bad thing I heard was cartoony graphics, but if the gameplays good I don’t mind.

Posted by: Addice.3852

Addice.3852

@Addice

Can’t really argue with you on D3 I was really looking forward to it but my best bud ended up getting it first while I was still having issues with my old PC. After hearing what he said I don’t think I’ll be getting it, I tend to trust only reviews from people I know anymore since it seems any game can get hyped up now then be given awesome reviews by magazines and still get horrible player reviews later on.

I do keep hearing Borderlands 2 is pretty sweet though, only bad thing I heard was cartoony graphics, but if the gameplays good I don’t mind.

There are some caveats with Borderlands 2 though. First you have to actually enjoy FPS games. Second, you should have people to co-op the game with. You can solo the whole game but the fun of it is playing with friends. It has a decent story but the game shines when it comes to the people you meet through the story.

I don’t know how D3 is now but before the grind to get good gear was incredibly ridiculous. You had to spend hours upon hours to get a good drop or farm enough gold to get a decent piece of gear. Definitely not a rewarding game for the time you had to put in. I would have been kitten if I bought the game, thankfully I won it from Alienware Arena.

DOW Mageski.2097

There a lot of no’s in this thread. I expected more people to have voted yes, as why would you be on this forum if you do not play the game and enjoy it?
Personally I have played it since it came out and I am still really enjoying it, so that is why I wanted people to vote for it. It is a shame haters roam a forum for a game they either do not play or play alot and yet do not think it should win anything?
Oh and the vote is not for GotY yet, it is just who is better Max payne 3 or Guild Wars 2 and as I have only played GW2 I voted that. Also who really thinks either of these are going to win? I mean with all the ME2 fans and COD fans, really?

Posted by: Rake.7169

Rake.7169

Why would I do that?

exactly, atm it’s big potential falling short.

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

You can play this game and still not think its GoTY material. Personally, I don’t think it is.

Whispers with meat.

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i votes yes its a amazing game there are some things that i can say yes it can be beter
but remember GW2 is a fresh new game theres stil room to make it beter

and if pll keep talking trash about this game you beter play hello kitty i think that suits you beter ^^

and i see that the DEV team make great events to keep it up

DOW Mageski.2097

The editors choice for Role Playing Game of the Year is….
http://uk.gamespot.com/best-of-2012/genre-awards/index.html?page=3

For PC game of the year….
http://uk.gamespot.com/best-of-2012/platform-awards/index.html?page=1

YES!

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

Only game I ever vote for when it comes to Goty are Bethesda games. Can’t beat their savoir-faire when it comes to RPGs.

But congratulations are still in order for the ANet team. They did release a great MMO. I hope they keep living up to the title they just earned

Posted by: Andicus.3081

Andicus.3081

Now I’ll start by saying that I have played 500hrs of GW2, and I am glad I spent my money on the game, however no-one can honestly say it is deserving of GotY.

So in no particular order, the reasons why we should NOT vote GW2 for GotY

1) Dungeon experience is not what it should have been. Bosses with far too much health and too much grind for each item.

2) World vs World is plagued by problems. Including but not limited to: Invisible zergs, portals, catapulting rear of gate, poor rewards for defense, downed state favoring zergs over smaller skilled groups, orbs, nightcapping.

3) The fabled esport of sPvP that launched without any features to support competition at all.

4) Theives being generally unfun for anyone not playing Theif

5) Addition of a new level of extreme grind for items.

6) Favoring adding new gem store items over fixing well documented bugs with classes

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

and if pll keep talking trash about this game you beter play hello kitty i think that suits you beter ^^

Hey! What are you implying? Hello Kitty is a good game!

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Once I might have voted for gw2, but serious bugs and terrible desicions on anets part.. I think I shall not vote for gw2. Voted for Max payne 3 just in pure spite.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

(edited by Blackwolfe.5649)

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

I think this game is good, but it has been my least played MMO ever. When i start an MMO i expect to play it for months if not years. I have about 250h in this game and i keep trying to find things to do but i’m failing. i haven’t logged in for more than 30min since the lost shores. i have done 100% map and i have 2 80s. i don’t feel like grinding dungeons for gear with the current ridiculous transmutation system, WvW is garbage after the first few hours of mindless zerging. i could do jump puzzles, but after you finish them all once, they are just frustrating.

the only thing stopping you from getting everything the second you hit 80 is gold, and maxing out things like bag, bank, gear, dyes, etc… is just a huge grind in orr/dungeons.

what else is left? the game was great while leveling, but once you reach 80 that’s pretty much the end. i wouldn’t mind a gear progression that was fun. some dungeons that are FUN and not cheap 1 shot scenarios would be great. i don’t want to grind fractals over and over and over for my gear either. i would get full exotics but then i have to ask what the point is… i can do dungeons in rares easily and wvw is such a mass spam fest that it makes no difference when 20 people are hitting you.

anyway, the game is good but it needs work to be great. a system of progression with early dungeons requiring basic gear and harder ones requiring exotics would be great, but it means increasing the stats on the gear.

giving everyone in wvwvw full exotics would solve that problem. gear progression in PVE while keeping PVP on an even playing field would be great.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

One doesn’t simply vote for a game they didn’t play or enjoy out of “spite” one simply doesn’t vote at all and disregards the stupidity of an internet poll like it.

Having said that, NO GW2 does NOT deserve game of the year, simply for the BAD aspects that should never have existed that somehow snuck their way into the game and the missing aspects of the game that still aren’t working this long into the games release.

It’s incredible value for money if you think of it in casual soccer mom terms of gamers but in terms of anyone who’s got experience with the greatest of the genre’s and gaming it’s a sad fart in a bathtub compared to the hurricanes in lakes that other games are…

Mark of ninja is insanely good too btw. indie developers ftw

OOPS! almost forgot:

Just because we hate how a game currently is, doesn’t mean we don’t still wish and hope for the game we were promised. Thus we remain on the forums and continually test to see if there is a person with their finger on the pulse waiting to make said changes, or if the game is soulless and doomed. It’s kind of interesting really but sadly leaning towards the latter now.
Also think about it, if we didn’t post on the forums saying “it’s got potential but…” then players might actually start believing in the hype from the players who claim “best RPG evar!” yet never actually ADD much to that claim.

Irony…. xD

(edited by Hellkaiser.6025)

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

I have to say..and sadly…Im not going to vote for GW2…

I still play it but Im severely let down..especially with sPVP…

Maybe in 2 or years I may vote for it…

For now…its got a long way to go….

Voting for it now would be one big lie…like the manife…….cough

Posted by: Shin.5164

Shin.5164

Weird and not fair, Max Payne 3 is not a MMO.
The complexity of an MMO is far greater than an “normal” game. Even tho Max Payne is a open world, the style is totally different, and so as the experience.

Weird options, but I vote for GW2 for sure

All games have their problems, but ANET is the only one I see changing their work to fit the players.
The game is the best it can be now, and its never going to be perfect. But you ain’t voting on a perfect game, but on the “game of the year”, the best on THAT YEAR, not in the future. How much GW2 evolved this year, I have not seen in any other. So it has my vote for sure

# Shinair – Ele

(edited by Shin.5164)

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Why would I do that?

Bingo..

FAR from game of the year..

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

1. I will defently vote for GW2
2. frankley, i couldn’t care less about legenderies, and people complaining about grinding for them – well… this is kinda of the end game, if you would’ve gotten it in a few days you just would’ve complained about how the game is too short and you managed to get Legendery weapons 3 days after launch…

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

I did not vote GW2 as GotY. Nor did I vote for anything in their stable of games. I don’t like voting for games that have just released. GW2 is new, it has yet to stand the test of time.

Last I saw GW2 had won. For me this was a disappointment since this game has yet to really prove to people that it is a ‘next -gen’ game. Sure, it refreshed the MMO model by doing away with questing, but in my opinion that didn’t bring anything to GW2. IMHO, it hindered it.

Quests, oddly enough with their design model, have one thing that makes them superior to hearts. A Story. An in-depth lore revealing story that grabs you bythe nose and drags you along for the ride. I didn’t get that in GW2. I did the base req’s for each heart and then left when it was done. I didn’t care as to why I was collecting this or that, killing this or that, or whatever it asked of me to do. For a RP’er like I am, this totally yanked me from the believability of the game world and make it rote and dull, stale and emotionless. With quests in other games, the back and forth Fed-Ex quests, they made sense to why I was doing it, and it told a story, a story I felt a part of (unlike the ‘personal’ story line in GW2 as well).

However;

Congratulations GW2 on your win.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The editors choice for Role Playing Game of the Year is….
http://uk.gamespot.com/best-of-2012/genre-awards/index.html?page=3

For PC game of the year….
http://uk.gamespot.com/best-of-2012/platform-awards/index.html?page=1

YES!

Well done, ArenaNet!

Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Strayhand.8216

Strayhand.8216

Maybe you should read the description of hearts, just like quests in other MMOs and you would know why you are doing them. You can also talk to the NPC that “gives” the heart, jut like when you pick up quests in other MMOs. The only difference between quests and hearts is that you don’t have to go to the NPC to pick them up and complete them… Not to say GW2 is GOTY or not, but I just don’t get these kind of incredible rants…