Voting out guild leaders

Voting out guild leaders

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wooks.1372

wooks.1372

Anybody else think thier should be some kind of system in place to vote out guild leaders?
we currently have a leader in our guild that we recently had take over but he now doesn’t get on hardly ever and has started trying to get the guild to do things we never agreed to, and now he says he wont be getting on at all anymore.

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Guild leaders have totalitarian authority over their guilds. It’s just how it is. Better switch or create your own.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

The simplest solution is for the folks that are unhappy with the current direction to form their own guild. In GW2 you don’t even have to leave your current guild if you want to pop in from time to time to see if things are getting better.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I’d say try to talk to the leader first, share your concerns. But if he’ll no longer be active as you say, ask him to give the leader rank to someone else before he goes. Otherwise, if there are enough people unhappy with the direction of the guild you should vote for a new leader and start a new one.

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

No….generally guild leaders paid the coin to start the guild. If you don’t like what they are doing, you can go start your own guild or join another guild.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Nai.2980

Nai.2980

I do agree that there should be some way someone else can become leader if the current leader(s) are not active at all or even if the leader is never repping the guild.

Maybe Anet could somehow have a system kind of like GW1 had. If the leader isn’t one for X amount of days/month(s) then the most active person in a rank under the guild leader (that is representing the guild) becomes the leader. If the people in that rank are not active, then someone in the rank below that ect.

I’m not really sure how well even that would work with GW2 since some guilds have multiple leaders in them (I’m in one with 4 GLs!). But it would be nice if something could be done.

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

That would be abused so much. Trolls would just mass join guilds and then they all vote out the leaders and then kick everyone else out of the guild. Bad idea.

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

No….generally guild leaders paid the coin to start the guild. If you don’t like what they are doing, you can go start your own guild or join another guild.

I have to agree.. in most cases the guild leader paid to start the guild, in which case the guild leader should have totalitarian authority if the leader so chooses. If people don’t like where the guild is going then they should just leave and form their own. A suddenly empty guild is basically like kicking the leader out anyhow.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

While I agree that there should be a fallback in place for such things…doesn’t it only cost 1s to start a guild?

This sentence is false.

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

Anybody else think thier should be some kind of system in place to vote out guild leaders?
we currently have a leader in our guild that we recently had take over but he now doesn’t get on hardly ever and has started trying to get the guild to do things we never agreed to, and now he says he wont be getting on at all anymore.

Just leave the guild and make your own. Voting out guild leaders wouldn’t go over so well with me or other players since the feature can be abused. I don’t want some pansy twit joining my guild then rallying others to vote me out of the guild I paid money to start and worked to get all the perks I have just to loose it. Not only that, this game is about convenience and playing when you want.. Which means people can leave for months then return to play.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

While I agree that there should be a fallback in place for such things…doesn’t it only cost 1s to start a guild?

It did at the start of the game, who knows what the price is now.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Exactly the reason why you should just go start your own guild instead of trying to take someone else’s guild away from them. In my opinion, the money isn’t the issue – it takes a lot of effort to form a new guild from scratch. If enough folks don’t like the leader of your current guild, they can get together and form their own guild. Of course someone will have to step up and take responsibility for leading it.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

It would be too much exploitable.
If you don’t like the leader say it openly, and if everyone agrees you can make a new guild.

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

These kind of things generally don’t happen in the early times of guilds. They tend happen later…after the core group has spent many hours getting the guild up to where they want. But for whatever reasons…something has pulled the leadership away and the remaining people want to take control.

but what if the leader’s life problems ever allow him/ her to come back..say..a year down the road? Shoulld they come back to find that something they build no longer belongs to them? I still say no. The Guild belongs to the originator/s for as long as the game remains viable.

That said, if enough people are dissatisfied…it won’t take long to start a new guild and build it back up.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

In GW1 if the guild leader has been inactive for a long time(don’t know the exact time, might be 1 month). It automatically reassigned the leader position to one of the officers. Not sure if they kept that and unlike GW1 you can have multiple leaders in GW2 …

Voting out guild leaders

wooks.1372

sigh well i think some kind of system should be in place should it be hard yes, but there should be one. and like i said it wasn’t his guild he didn’t start it he was given control only 4 weeks ago and we all thought he was the best choice at the time and was going to run the guild with us in stead he stopped logging on a few days after, then he started telling us to do things that nobody agreed to do and started trying to get us to do things we never asked to do. and now he has told us he wont be palying GW2 at all anymore now or in the future and to make it worse he has tried t declare himself leader of our teamspeak server and guild leader or people playing other games in our teamspeak server when we never told him he was going to be doing anything like that. this isn’t a situation of us taking over it’s the over way around, this wasn’t his guild to start with it was ours and he agreed to run the guild a certain way WITH us and has done the opposite.

Voting out guild leaders

wooks.1372

i do however agree that if somebody was the ORIGINAL FOUNDER of a guild should not be able to be voted out only 2nd and thrid ones and if the guild leader is not the founder i played another game that had a system setup like this soemwhat where the founder could never be voted out but other guild leaders could with like a 2\3 or 3\4 vote

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Anet does not resolve situations like this in your guild, you will need to have him willingly give up the leadership seat. If he doesn’t and goes inactive long enough then you can contact support to try to get another officer promoted. I do believe they can step in and promote someone if the current leader no longer logs in (or is banned forever).

They will not play middle person to a dispute within the guild between the acting leader and the members of that guild.

I will suggest after you get through with this ordeal that you setup your guild ranks better.

Create a new rank called Founder, put the original guild leader in that rank, put your next leader in the leader rank. Leader and Founder should have the same permissions, except leaders will not be able to demote the founder account. Even though the founder might be away for a while or otherwise not active in the game s/he can resolve issues with current leadership through demotion by logging into the game.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

In GW1 if the guild leader has been inactive for a long time(don’t know the exact time, might be 1 month). It automatically reassigned the leader position to one of the officers. Not sure if they kept that and unlike GW1 you can have multiple leaders in GW2 …

Eh, no it did not. No idea where you got that idea but that was not the case in GW1, Leader was leader only the leader couold make a officer the leader and only officers could make members officers.
I was 3 tiers
Leader > Could promote officers to leader, Kick officers, Kick members and ofc invite ppl.
Officers > Could promote members to officers, could only kick members, and invite ppl.
Members > Simply members with no power at all other than editing guild “Statement” ; A message on the guild tab.

(edited by Pandeh.5248)

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

if they are inactive for a long period of time (read: months and months) i might agree with a vote to replace, but otherwise i dislike the idea of being voted out by some mutinous toads.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Eh, no it did not.

^This. That wasn’t a function in GW1.

And I agree with other people: if someone makes a guild, they should not be able to be voted out. Period. And with the ease of creating a guild, you should be able to have the members transfer to another one.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Voting out guild leaders

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Vorch you can set your guild up like that. The creator of the guild should create a ‘founder’ rank above leader rank, where they only reside in. If the guild has a dispute you can contact your founder and have him log in to remove the unpopular leader.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]